Ancient Chandelier

I have a question about the Ancient Chandelier. Thanks to Instant-Noodles we know that it has a falling animation (from the beta announcement): 

On 10/15/2020 at 11:28 PM, Instant-Noodles said:

Ancient Chandelier

Hide contents

chandelier_archives_fall.thumb.gif.5e5b7654b21347907fe5e978cfa9a163.gif chandelier_archives_idle.thumb.gif.8e920c276a3f07f6795c0a16d13b668f.gif

Does anyone know when it falls down, what's the condition? I've never encountered this, is it implemented in the game at all?

8 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Does anyone know when it falls down, what's the condition? I've never encountered this, is it implemented in the game at all?

I'm fairly certain this is unimplemented, but I'll take a look at the code myself to check.

Edit: Yeah it's unimplemented.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Makes me wonder if it's during the Antlion attack?

Looks like it also could've been intended to happen during earthquakes. Or maybe a future update will add something happening that'll cause it to fall.

Probably going to be some triggered event that causes it to break smashing to the floor, Cracking the floor and revealing some secret underground tomb..

(Okay yes I watch way too many movies..) But you gotta Admit that if you had to do something like: Getting that big Robot Centipede to chase you and come crashing through the area and knocking the Chandler down revealing a hidden area.. that it would be epic.

Archived