Are there skins that no longer drop?

Hey everyone,

When looking at the steam marketplace there are several types of skins, "Guest of Honor" and "Survivor" heads which are exceedingly expensive. However, skins sets that came out around the same time, "Roseate" and "Triumphant" are far less expensive.

So my question is that are certain skins no longer dropping?

I would like to know this too, because I have been hearing that Guest of Honor at least stopped dropping. Which is kinda messed up if so, but you'll be able to get all the normal skins eventually from each character's rework.

I recall many others saying that they haven't had any of the drops you've mentioned, and I can say that I haven't had any of those drops either. Like you've mentioned, it's likely why they're so dang expensive.

Which is a shame, Guest of Honor Wilson is likely one of my favorite skin sets. I doubt the Wilson rework is coming anytime soon, and unless I become a millionaire with loads of money to burn, I'm not spending 50 dollars on a skin.

The Guest of Honor/Survivor actually weren't as close to the Triumphant/Roseate as might think. The order that they came out was Guest of Honor, Survivor, Triumphant, Roseate. DST's full release was when they added Maxwell as a playable character as well as the Triumphant skin set.

As far as I'm aware, the only skin sets that no longer drop are the ones that were added when DST was still in beta, which would be Guest of Honor and Survivor.

1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

As far as I'm aware, the only skin sets that no longer drop are the ones that were added when DST was still in beta, which would be Guest of Honor and Survivor.

Was there any statement about this, why and since when these skins don't drop? I haven't heard about any official announcement regarding this, but I'm fairly sure these skins don't drop any more (the marketable ones, that is).

I got survivor Willow about a year and half ago, as a drop, before her rework. So unless its a recent change, they did drop after the Beta.

I also got survivor Maxwell (twice), survivor Woodie and survivor Wickerbottom as daily drops in the 2017-2018 period.

I can't say anything about the GOH's because honestly i got none as drops, and I wouldn't know.

4 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Was there any statement about this, why and since when these skins don't drop? I haven't heard about any official announcement regarding this, but I'm fairly sure these skins don't drop any more (the marketable ones, that is).

Not that I'm aware of. I've never been able to find out whether the drop rate on the nonweaveable GoH skins is actually 0% or just really really low, or whether their all-but-unattainable drop rate is an intentional choice or a bug. At least, not from anyone who worked at Klei, had spoken to someone from Klei, or could otherwise prove what they were saying.

The weaveable ones are their own thing, and they do drop, but those only exist for characters who've been refreshed.

I think the prices on Steam are outrageous regardless of weather or not it drops. Wickerbottom's Guest of Honor skin goes for 35 dollars. That's more than for paying for 2 copies of the game. Why would I spend 35 dollars on a single skin, and then another 10 dollars for the rest of the outfit?

6 hours ago, SnowdropPax said:

I think the prices on Steam are outrageous regardless of weather or not it drops. Wickerbottom's Guest of Honor skin goes for 35 dollars. That's more than for paying for 2 copies of the game. Why would I spend 35 dollars on a single skin, and then another 10 dollars for the rest of the outfit?

Those prices are set by the community, so you cant really blame klei for that

4 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Those prices are set by the community, so you cant really blame klei for that

I'm not blaming Klei. I'm just pointing out that some skins are way to expensive to ever want to buy, regardless of if the drops are still available. Which really sucks if you are trying to complete a characters collection. 

Archived