43 members have voted

1. 1. Dedicated entrance/exit ?

• I prefer a current state
    • I'd like the entrance to be on the Lunar Island
    • I'd like the new biomes to be disconnected from the rest
    • Other ?
  2. 2. Living Bulbous Lightbug fuel ?

3. 3. Can we get Salmoon please ?

Hey everyone, just another bunch of ideas like I do for each RoT updates :o)
I've added a pool on certain ideas to see what the community think of it. If you have feedbacks or more ideas on the concern of this update, feel free to make your topics or comment here. It's probably better to talk about this during the beta so we can help the devs fix or improve the new content. Enjoy the read.

Let's start with the entrance of the Moon Shroom forest :

Probably a controversial idea but I had this idea with @Terra B Welch and I'd like to know how everyone feel about it.

The entrance biome of the Archive is the Moon Shroom forest, which is itself connected to the blue Mush Tree forest.

Wouldn't you prefer having a dedicated entrance / exit on the Lunar Island ?
This would give access to caves from another island and possibly a disconnected land on the caves, I guess some players could appreciate the idea especially if you like building base in caves or Lunar Island main base.
You can use the pools to review the suggestion, I'm especially curious about your preference for this one.

6b5.thumb.jpg.56c7be3496ec743433a2d656f90978ea.jpg6b5.thumb.jpg.226ff32298b3813295a618f0a789e009.jpg

The only issue I'd see against the idea is the borders, the biomes connected around the Moon Shroom forest have fissure and Nightmare Rampart, which make shadow creature and Gestalt fight each other at the borders. but it could be easy to include them around the forest with background sinkhole or blue shroom forest biome around it.

The Orchestrina :

A very nice in-game puzzle, it's one of the main activity and purpose of the Archive for now (as the portal is not working yet).

6b5.thumb.jpg.2bd282b15a941538a336275ab92cca67.jpg

I think we could use a tiny improvement here. You see, I'm dumb, so when I tried to understand how the Distilled Knowledge item works, I first collected 8 of them and placed one on each tiny circle once I looked everywhere else around. So I looked at the script to understand what I was doing wrong... on, I had to place 1 on the center. :apathy: I'm quite sure this situation could happen to other players so it could be neat to have a clue about what to do here.

Something similar to Hamlet pressure plates in ruins. Hovering the center with the item should highlight the middle structure (with a temp entity with a trading action maybe ?) so you figure out the right thing to do.

Btw I think there's an issue with the result, we're supposed to unlock 3 recipes from the 3 items you get from the different fountains but somehow I still not have it. (video in spoiler)

12r1.png

Also it looks like there's some issues with the spawn of certain rooms in the archive...

@bruhmoment23 got the crock pot setpiece within the Orchestrina room. o_o

Fountain of Knowledge :

6b5.thumb.jpg.27e5bdd3936da273995053b4d2d446b8.jpg

Speaking of fountains, I think it could be useful to have a fail animation / fx or at least a quote from the character when we activate it while the Archive is unpowered (or disable the action while it's not truly working). I get that the structure needs something to work correctly but seeing an "Activate" action with absolutely nothing resulting seems off.

Bulbous Lightbug :

Cutest mob of the update (maybe not as cute than the naked molebats).

6b5.jpg.d231b58f486803a85cb2018822bfed48.jpg

They have some nice features, like, when you have one in your inventory, the others (3 max) will follow you like bats do, I really like the look of this light source ! :D However, wouldn't it be dope if we could use them as a direct upgraded Miner Hat / Lantern fuel ? We can already use living butterflies and fireflies as fuel so maybe using them alive could be twice effective than a simple lightbulb.

Vitroasis :

Truly beautiful, I just like to look at the waterfalls but they're also a source of Moon Glass... which is unfortunately not-renewable.

Makes sense, the time necessary to regenerate glass from the flow would be tremendously long. (actually regrow eventually, thanks @Hornete)

6b5.thumb.jpg.5a9adfc8e185330192fd4e0240b152d7.jpg

So I'll just keep them around cause of that to ornate the biome a bit :) but I also couldn't resist to check if we could fish in them as I'm a real fisherman haha.
I don't know what I expected but it's not a fishing pond, sadly, I remember when I suggested adding Salmoon fish in the hot springs at the first update of RoT, now that we have moon-waterfalls I'm even more concerned with this, where are the Salmoons, Klei ? o_o

Well, it's all I had to say for now, I really like this new content overall, I did not expect cave content but this is a very welcome one. A lot of things we've been waiting for finally arrived in the game, special mention for the craftable turf station ! :wilson_love:

9 minutes ago, ADM said:

Truly beautiful, I just like to look at the waterfalls but they're also a source of Moon Glass... which is unfortunately not-renewable

The Moon Glass does regrow. If I read the code correctly theres a 10% chance to regrow on a full moon.

Other than that, all these ideas are awesome :)

13 minutes ago, ADM said:

Hey everyone, just another bunch of ideas like I do for each RoT updates :o)
I've added a pool on certain ideas to see what the community think of it. If you have feedbacks or more ideas on the concern of this update, feel free to make your topics or comment here. It's probably better to talk about this during the beta so we can help the devs fix or improve the new content. Enjoy the read.

Let's start with the entrance of the Moon Shroom forest :

Probably a controversial idea but I had this idea with @Terra B Welch and I'd like to know how everyone feel about it.

The entrance biome of the Archive is the Moon Shroom forest, which is itself connected to the blue Mush Tree forest.

Wouldn't you prefer having a dedicated entrance / exit on the Lunar Island ?
This would give access to caves from another island and possibly a disconnected land on the caves, I guess some players could appreciate the idea especially if you like building base in caves or Lunar Island main base.
You can use the pools to review the suggestion, I'm especially curious about your preference for this one.

6b5.thumb.jpg.56c7be3496ec743433a2d656f90978ea.jpg6b5.thumb.jpg.226ff32298b3813295a618f0a789e009.jpg

The only issue I'd see against the idea is the borders, the biomes connected around the Moon Shroom forest have fissure and Nightmare Rampart, which make shadow creature and Gestalt fight each other at the borders. but it could be easy to include them around the forest with background sinkhole or blue shroom forest biome around it.

Great ideas!But sadly,the idea of the lunar cave biome being separated won´t be implemented.There is a reason to that.Shadow Ramparts (ramparts are a defensive wall of a castle or walled city,) are there for a reason,they are made by charlie,like a mark of her territory.But why?Activating the archives powersource makes that creepy sound.That sound is called :"ShadowWarStart" in the files.We are at the beginning of the end.Sit back and enjoy the devastation!

5 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

Great ideas!But sadly,the idea of the lunar cave biome being separated won´t be implemented.There is a reason to that.Shadow Ramparts (ramparts are a defensive wall of a castle or walled city,) are there for a reason,they are made by charlie,like a mark of her territory.But why?Activating the archives powersource makes that creepy sound.That sound is called :"ShadowWarStart" in the files.We are at the beginning of the end.Sit back and enjoy the devastation!

That is no exaggeration. I activated the power, new kinds of Gestalt started spawning, ALSO terrorbeaks, which started fighting each other. So yeah, the battle is on. I vote for the Slurpers

I wouldn't mind if the path to the Archives was like the Roc's nest in Hamlet. Where you can connect a path to the main section but only from the "inside".

So a sinkhole on the Lunar Island you have to go through first to unlock the path back and forth.

That or underground lakes/rivers, but I think that's asking too much.

While I would prefer if entrance to Moon-themed cave (New Lunar Ruins and adjacent mutated mushroom biome) would be on main Lunar Island, and separated from main land-masses - for personal reasons: making location more secluded for base in pubs, and partially because lore's sake - I don't think KLei will modify now the concept, as apparently is tied to a central theme of "Lunar mutagenic intrusion to Constant land and the fight/war between Gestalts and Shadow Creatures".

Bulbous Lightbug as light fuel.... hmm. Not sure, since their number might be limited and once gone, that's it for the lil critters.

Regarding Salmoon in that Moon-Cave Oasis... perhaps other mutated creatures/fishes akin Horror Hounds and Moonrock Pengull, since that's the "Moon"'s extreme influence, a potent form of sorts; and water in mentioned Vitroasis probably is highly mutagenic.

It makes no sense for the Lunar Grotto to be a separate area accessed from the Lunar Island. The grotto is not part of the island. It is an ordinary mushtree forest that had the misfortune of being underneath where the moon chunk fell and has become mutated by the celestial-infused waters falling from the ceiling.

As for the Bulbous Lightbugs, I don't see the point of making them into some super fuel. They are meant to be an alternative to lanterns and miner hats, one that requires no inventory slots, and they accomplish their task pretty well. Also they are adorable.

Archived