THE GORGE 2 SEASON

Hello everyone, I am writing again about the tkhe Gorge event. I already "raised" this topic last year .. I did not hear a specific answer, only the assumption that it will be released in 2020. And now the ninth month of the 20th year is ending, and there is no sign of the event. Do you have any information? Just tell me if there are any plans for a second season replay? No need to say the exact date, or something like that, just YES or NO? Without "water" is more specific.
Sorry for my bad english ((using translator.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

grek.png

1 hour ago, Whisperlisc said:

Некоторое время не будет ивентов, подобных Forge and Gorge. Если вы игрок на ПК, вы можете попробовать перекованные или переработанные моды, чтобы играть в эти игровые режимы.

That's just the point, I want to play an official event, not a mod crap..I know about the presence of such mods, but I want to play the new Gorg, this is the whole interest

24 minutes ago, Joefer said:

That's just the point, I want to play an official event, not a mod crap..I know about the presence of such mods, but I want to play the new Gorg, this is the whole interest

Unfortunately... I feel like... there won't be a second forge. Surely you don't want to try the mod? It's nearly undistinguishable from the real event. Not crap... Hmph.

Just now, Scrimbles said:

Way to undermine peoples efforts to being the community something Klei cannot afford to.

I would only care about these mods, if Klei would make said mods into official content that those of us not on PC could also enjoy.

And- it’s not like DST would be the FIRST game to do such-

The Center, Ragnarok, Valgureo, Crystal Isles.. all these maps in Ark Survival Evolved were player created mods the Devs Officially added to the game.

There is also the modded maps from Left 4 Dead that became official content..

Turning player created mods into official content everyone can play and enjoy regardless of what platform they are playing on isn’t something new or unheard of in Games.... but it is rare that this happens.

Honestly, I feel like adding the gorge and forge into permanent modes would be the wrong call, since most people would be playing that rather then the $14.99 survival game they were originally supposed to be playing, even though I missed out on forge since console,  and would love to play the heck out of the Forge. I feel like it's good that they are focusing more on the main game and there only limited time events.

Forge 1&2 and Gorge were pleasurable game-mode variants on DST. Fun experiments for KLei I guess and short entertaining events for us, the players. While I would fancy a Gorge 2, because I had fun playing these modes with friends, I very-much prefer solid game-base content. These events, although amusing for a couple of sessions, tend to be quite repetitive and boring after a while - so I commend KLei's decision to keep them short in their unfolding. Also, at least in my case, the best motivator to go again-and-again at them was earned chests/spools; I'm not an all-action oriented player, thus initial appeal went pretty quick for me (the reason I don't play those Re-Forge/Re-Gorgitated-whatever-the-name mods as well, aside their plethora of bugs - and why mods aren't a reliable answer, is I don't get anything permanent/tangible from them on the long run).

2 hours ago, Joefer said:

babyrage.png.67b1e25049596c1cdf1a5d3e29b07e4c.png 

In all seriousness, klei is currently busy with Return of Them, the odds of having one of the events return is next to none.

Be thankful klei lets modders revive the events in mods, and be greatful that the mod creators take time out of their lives to make those mods.

If you want to play forge or gorge so badly, just play reforged or regorgitated.

I am going to try to say this clearly because if feels like people just aren't putting the pieces together. When things like this happen, game companies can end up with horribly mixed signals and eventually go down paths you ultimately do not like. 

Us doing The Forge and The Gorge were extremely successful, people loved them and we saw huge spikes in player numbers. These events also required the entire team to focus on them, not just the artists and designers, but also the backend and additional support teams. It required our constant attention throughout the entire event. It wasn't like normal content where once it is released we can move on to new things. 

To continue these events longer than we did would require even more effort as the team focused on these events to keep them fresh, interesting and fair. To put it simply, doing these events requires focus away from Don't Starve Together and completely on the events. In addition to that, it was an absolute grind on the team. The team wasn't put together to support a live service in this way, and we would have to hire more people to keep up with the demand. 

On top of that - the way we monetize the game is nowhere near aggressive enough to pay it's costs in the long term. We do almost nothing to drive sales of skins outside of just letting people know they are available. We didn't go broke trying to do them as some people have suggested, console ran at a loss, but PC did not. But it's nowhere near enough to justify a dramatic shift in plans without changing our monetization plans. 

So. To put it together. We would need to NOT be making DST and instead be servicing Events entirely as well as increase it's ability to generate revenue (think battle pass). This isn't why we're working on Don't Starve Together. It was fun, it was a lot of fun. But it's not the game we're working on right now. 

Like I said before, we would like to bring these things back at some point, but it's not our focus right now. And what you're effectively asking is for us to stop working on one game, and work on another. I know some of you think we can just throw something together for the events and then just leave it alone, but it doesn't work that way. If we weren't to stay on top of it, it would just die on the vine and people would be upset we ignored it. 

I want to be absolutely clear here. Asking us to work on events is asking us to stop working on DST. I understand why this is confusing, it's an obvious way to get more players and a huge following but that's not really our goal. Our goal is to build out DST, and the events do not accomplish that. 

Maybe one day. But not right now. If that changes, we'll let people know.   

26 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We would need to NOT be making DST and instead be servicing Events entirely as well as increase it's ability to generate revenue (think battle pass). This isn't why we're working on Don't Starve Together. It was fun, it was a lot of fun. But it's not the game we're working on right now.

And this is one of the reasons why both Klei and Ghost Ship Games are my favorite development studios; they don't pull crap like most other games do such as battle passes, pay to win DLC's, and limited-time events that cost money to participate. I can barely find a game nowadays that doesn't have some "trendy pvp battlepass" motif to it, and as a result I feel like it's making games less of a fun activity to enjoy in place of a competitive cash-grab environment. Sorry for the rant, but once again, thanks Klei.

Please do not do a battle pass system.. I hate Battle Passes because they FORCE you to play them to unlock game content.

Which is great for that ONE game- but when a bunch of games have the Pass system- you are literally in a race to get everything you want unlocked within a limited time period, often times having to neglect one game over the other to do so.

Make no mistake about it: When Hallowed Nights starts and Klei increases the odds of obtaining Halloween themed cosmetics (not saying they will, just assuming since they did last time) I will be playing the high hell out of DST during that time.. but it is NOT the same as a Battle Pass system.

As far as the events- JoeWs post makes me never want those events to ever return again.. I would prefer more permanent content I can explore and enjoy over having those events becoming their main focus of the game.

Character Reworks, Return of Them Updates, Quality of Life Updates, New (Or Returning) Playable characters > Gorge and Forge Events that take the focus away from all that. :( 

If there is even just the slightest possibility of getting characters like Walani, Wilbur & Wagstaff added into the game- I prefer content I will be able to play and enjoy at any time over these limited events.

There are TAILS in the game that I can already apply to non-Wortox characters.. Wilbur could totally be in this game even if he ends up just being a re-skin for an already existing character.

They have a skin system that lets us change heads, torsos, hands, legs & feet- It is practically playing with Legos... and there is a ton of possibilities within THAT alone.

god please don’t do gorge/forge events & a battle pass system.. that would suck.

Well, if we were to ever do something like a battle pass - we would certainly do it our way and not something gross. But that is the issue, it's that it probably then wouldn't be able to make enough money to make it worth it. See what I am saying? 

Anyway. Hopefully that's enough info to help you all understand that it's not that we don't WANT to do it, or we're ignoring people. It's just that there is a lot to think about, a lot to consider and those things have a significant impact on the future of the game. But for now, the mods are awesome and are totally worth playing. 

9 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Well, if we were to ever do something like a battle pass - we would certainly do it our way and not something gross. But that is the issue, it's that it probably then wouldn't be able to make enough money to make it worth it. See what I am saying? 

Anyway. Hopefully that's enough info to help you all understand that it's not that we don't WANT to do it, or we're ignoring people. It's just that there is a lot to think about, a lot to consider and those things have a significant impact on the future of the game. But for now, the mods are awesome and are totally worth playing. 

Thank you JoeW for finally giving us a good amount of info on this, really glad you took time out of your day to do this and finally calm everyone's hype from the events. I have a real quick question though if it doesn't bother you. was there any idea on if there was planned a third event, since in the gorge Mumsy, quoted that she and Billy would follow us behind in the portal? I always assumed that they were intended to help us out in whatever the third event was related towards. Or maybe they'll show up eventually in the future of return of them as NPC's similar to Pearl.

16 hours ago, JoeW said:

But for now, the mods are awesome and are totally worth playing. 

@JoeWToday it is possible to take advantage of these events through mods on the PC and they work well apparently, so is there any possibility of these mods being implemented in the game so that Console players can have the experience of playing these events?

Archived