Wigfrid is too strong

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

TL:DR- The Meat only diet when stacked with other world struggles CAN still be enough to kill you.

Those settings just change the season length, if you have gekkos/twiggy trees/juicy berries.

Mike, please, get better at the game.

I don't want to be rude but its just that sometimes the stuff you post just feels outright noob-like or very-unskilled players-point of view.

Wigfrid isn't so hard even in early game. You should be able to setup a firepit at last at day 3 and be able to kill a catcoon/pig to avoid starvation.

11 hours ago, Duck986 said:

She have Battle Spear with increased damage compared to usual spear

Which basically only matters for the first day or two because you can almost immediately get the vastly superior Ham Bat.

Battle Helm with higher defense than Football Helmet

Untrue, it has the same defense as the Football Helmet. It has both a higher durability and a higher crafting cost.

she have higher damage reduction

Which is helpful but not necessarily that strong due to how easy it is to get healing items.

output

+25% damage at the cost of her downsides is nothing compared to Wendy's +50% damage at no cost (also by far the best AoE also infinite light also fighting without danger to yourself also so much more) or Wolfgang's +100% damage and +25% movement speed.

she have vampirism

Which just makes it so you need slightly less healing items, which aren't hard to get.

and after rework she got songs which provide different buffs

And the songs aren't particularly powerful. If you already know how to manage your health and sanity all that's really left is a 4 second panic which could be useful but it takes an inventory slot and requires you spend a resource you gain in combat so you can't even use it immediately.

She's far from overpowered for an experienced player and not nearly as overpowered as Wendy for an inexperienced player.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Those settings just change the season length, if you have gekkos/twiggy trees/juicy berries.

I don't want to be rude but its just that sometimes the stuff you post just feels outright noob-like or very-unskilled players-point of view.

Wigfrid isn't so hard even in early game. You should be able to setup a firepit at last at day 3 and be able to kill a catcoon/pig to avoid starvation.

she doesnt even need a fire pit to cook when can recover the sanity lost by killing spiders/catcoon/whatever mob that is on your way...

with wig was the first time i survive a year in RoG being a totally noob, klei cant do a more perfect noobfriendly character (wendy is not "friendly" since abi kills the hounds for you so you never learn how to deal with them)

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

err

are we playing the same game

As little as wolfgang or wickerbottom or wigfrid's downsides are, they're pretty rough when you're struggling with the basics.

Wilson has good stats and free winter resistance. You know, winter? The part where literally every starter player dies?

Wilson is a good base character, yes. He has good stats and is easy to play because he has no downsides. 

Wilson is NOT marketed in anyway as an 'easy' or 'beginner' character, he simply has no perks, and no draw backs.

Yes, he is good for new players to learn how to play the game without having the added difficulty having to manage a characters needs. All I said was that most people new to the game would probably not pick him first because he doesn't have anything unique to offer. It doesn't matter how easy or hard a character is to play, when you're new to the game you play as everyone because you want to see what they can do. Survival doesn't factor into it when you're trying to figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

I don't understand what the big deal is. 

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I normally ignore these type of comments to not feed into trolling or the calling out of other forum members, but it really feels disrespectful that you feel you have any right whatsoever to judge how good or how bad I am at this game, Based on what exactly?? Your personal playstyle?? The Internet’s “Meta” Style they say to play by?

What honestly gives you any right at all to judge how good or bad Not just me but ANYONE who plays this game is? To judge that you would actually have to play the game exactly the same way that They play it... or be in the same session with them and witness how “They” personally handle certain situations, or at the very least- Watch Them stream their gameplay over some streaming media.

I’ve had people (who out of respect for them’s names will go unmentioned) Who have personally messaged me about how certain features of this game such as MacTusk camps, always manage to kill them regardless of how much they’ve played DS/DST.

My point is: You can never say how good or bad someone is at the game unless you play it exactly the same way they do.

”Walk a Mile in Their shoes.” 
THEN you can judge them.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I normally ignore these type of comments to not feed into trolling or the calling out of other forum members, but it really feels disrespectful that you feel you have any right whatsoever to judge how good or how bad I am at this game, Based on what exactly?? Your personal playstyle?? The Internet’s “Meta” Style they say to play by?

What honestly gives you any right at all to judge how good or bad Not just me but ANYONE who plays this game is? To judge that you would actually have to play the game exactly the same way that They play it... or be in the same session with them and witness how “They” personally handle certain situations, or at the very least- Watch Them stream their gameplay over some streaming media.

I’ve had people (who out of respect for them’s names will go unmentioned) Who have personally messaged me about how certain features of this game such as MacTusk camps, always manage to kill them regardless of how much they’ve played DS/DST.

My point is: You can never say how good or bad someone is at the game unless you play it exactly the same way they do.

”Walk a Mile in Their shoes.” 
THEN you can judge them.

calling you noob was out of the way so i dont support that comment but dude, 1 think is dying for a set piece with 3 enemies several times and other is dying of starvation as wig when there is mooles, rabits, spiders (eating 1 to gain time isnt a big deal even for a new player), koalaphants, free loot in the swamp, pigs, bats, gobblers, catcoons, etc and isnt like the player must rush unlocking weapons recipes, she starts with what she needs to kill without need of know kiting+4 large meats. Idk why the "meta" has something to do with this

I want nerfs for everyone. Especially with things like wendy being way too strong now.

Mostly I'd rather have perks that define the character's archetype than perks that synergize with others. Wigfrid, as a tank, getting abilities that benefit from fighting and said abilities strengthening her defense are awesome. I dont like her giving leech to others though, mostly because it can help Wolfgang, her primary competition, making her just a means to an end for leech, much like winona being just her buildings.

8 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

I want nerfs for everyone. Especially with things like wendy being way too strong now.

Mostly I'd rather have perks that define the character's archetype than perks that synergize with others. Wigfrid, as a tank, getting abilities that benefit from fighting and said abilities strengthening her defense are awesome. I dont like her giving leech to others though, mostly because it can help Wolfgang, her primary competition, making her just a means to an end for leech, much like winona being just her buildings.

she is not a real tank, she thinks is a warrior because of maxwell, so this fits imo. About wolfgang, klei has already said that wolfgang will get a rework to comepensate how stupid he will become with all of these cooperative perks (a dev said that when warly was release and they were showcasing the volt jelly)

i like the leech shared because it makes the game less grindy food dependient without going to absurd like the other song that gives more durability on weapons

about wendy im with you, that numbers has not so much sense. I dont want she being as bad as before but now is god

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

err

are we playing the same game

As little as wolfgang or wickerbottom or wigfrid's downsides are, they're pretty rough when you're struggling with the basics.

Wilson has good stats and free winter resistance. You know, winter? The part where literally every starter player dies?

Tho going with that a new player would probaly find Wendy or Willow as a easier starter pick as they have perks more geared to helping newer players while Wilson's only perk worth mentioning for helping newer players is his beard which assumes they don't get killed before winter or even make it to winter.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Tho going with that a new player would probaly find Wendy or Willow as a easier starter pick as they have perks more geared to helping newer players while Wilson's only perk worth mentioning for helping newer players is his beard which assumes they don't get killed before winter or even make it to winter.

Yeah I would say that Wendy is the best starting character. Wilson's beard won't usually matter because you have to go 3 hours without dying for it to really come into play. But Wendy has

• Infinite free light.
  • By far the best AoE damage in the game, capable of easily defeating enormous waves of spiders, splumonkeys, bees, and even hounds and beefalo.
  • The second most single target damage in the game.
  • The ability to fight fights without fighting fights, since Abigail can do most things on her own and just have you watch.
  • Less sanity lost, which new players struggle with.
  • Probably more I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

So she makes fighting, light, and sanity easier, three things new players struggle with. And for all these upsides what are her downsides?

• Fighting shadow creatures takes slightly longer.

Wendy's super OP for new players.

Wigfrid is a non meta character because her lack of synergies with warly compared to other characters combined with a "Busier" diet than every single other character in the game. She will not glow for 3 days from eating mousse and needs a rabbit to take advantage of it, can't stay warm for extended periods in the winter from dragon salad and she can't take advantage of spiced powercakes for the tasks that correspond with each spice. She needs foods that spoil significantly faster.

People who look at the numbers and statistics of the game and choose based on that steer clear of her. She's not the best boss fighter, perhaps not even second or 3rd best boss fighter (in general) when it comes to raid bosses such as bee queen, ancient fuelweaver or even crab king. not that anyone really fights the latter, but they will fight the former for loot.

Even hound waves when caught off guard by late game ones, she is inferior to willow, wendy, wolfgang and woodie. That's a whole lot of characters better than her at fighting a periodic danger despite having the raw stats superior to 3/4 mentioned, adding to the fact that she is geared to being a fighter but as this paragraph should prove; stats aren't everything.

Also, when it comes to support for a team in the middle of a fight, hands down, wortox beats her. It's not even an argument. The preparation needed for souls compared to songs makes it so souls wins out to get ready for boss fights or even day to day extermination tasks and the simple fact that souls straightforward ability to heal for 20 per drop instead of 0.5 hp per attack landed or whatever the figure is just wins out. Say dragonfly or whatever focused on a single target to attack and they needed to get out of danger. Wigfrid's ability will not reward that player for retreating but wortox's will, all the while also rewarding the people who stay in combat.

Cheap helmets are probably still the best thing she can currently do for a team, but if you farm football helms or better yet, have wx run to the ruins, do his song and dance and come up with souvenirs, that's a good source of protection there that rivals what wigfrid can do.

For every Wigfrid job, there is another character who can do it better. Saying she is too strong is objectively wrong and is a campaign to have a character you seem to harbor animosity for to have nerfed. 

Please check your facts, OP.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

Cheap helmets are probably still the best thing she can currently do for a team, but if you farm football helms or better yet, have wx run to the ruins, do his song and dance and come up with souvenirs, that's a good source of protection there that rivals what wigfrid can do.

Did you know that wigfrid can rush the ruins, too? Anyway, I don't think this matters, because when you are able to rush the ruins you can certainly survive with about any character.

I do agree with your point that she is not OP, whatever that is even supposed to mean in a game with no ultimate goals except survival and what you yourself decide to set as your goal.

Wigfrid can also rush ruins. I actually have had discussion with people to tell them she actually tanks a fair bit of damage down there before getting to critical levels of damage, but they say that she's one of the slower characters at doing so because of her lack of access to blue caps healing.

She can rush ruins, but not as haphazardly as other characters early on. Again, everything she does, someone else can do better.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

Wigfrid can also rush ruins. I actually have had discussion with people to tell them she actually tanks a fair bit of damage down there before getting to critical levels of damage, but they say that she's one of the slower characters at doing so because of her lack of access to blue caps healing.

She can rush ruins, but not as haphazardly as other characters early on. Again, everything she does, someone else can do better.

She always was a good character to rush ruins

8 hours ago, Knowbodie said:

Here's a good idea: Let's combine the downside of Wurt and Wigfrid so now Wigfrid can't eat anything.

So can only eat taffy, jelly salad and jellybeans and let it get a speedboost upon eating those while slightly reduce a bit of health each time 

Call it The Diabetic

On 9/25/2020 at 6:26 AM, Duck986 said:

This battle girl needs more drawbacks, don't you think?

Maybe this: if Wigfried eats too much food, she gets fat and for some time all her positive properties (vampirism, increased damage and protection, songs) stop working?

Guys forget about the only meat food this is just stupid almost chars basically suvives with meat balls so thats ok
Also battles is in everywhere and meat is not that dificult

The real problem is the tiny hunger max, god is annoying the fact u have to concern about hunger everyday, u  need to carry bacon and eggs for long travels or else stop for catch more, that lack of focus disturb me and i dont like playin as her just cuz that 120 points

That bein said Wigfrid is strong and cool but not that overpower as the autor suggest, we have many ways to be op in this game, Wig is not that one even when life steal is kinda too much SOMETIMES

On 9/25/2020 at 3:51 AM, Shosuko said:

I really like what they added for her.  I think it adds to her character without distracting from who she was.  It makes her a great compliment to a team.

Overpowered?  Every character is overpowered.  I suspect they might do something after they're done with all the reworks which brings new weaknesses to everyone.

It is a risky move that Klei probably isn't willing to take to introduce new weakness. They might be able to market it saying new game mechanics that are super challenging and exciting though...

On 9/26/2020 at 3:41 PM, MrSoratori said:

Guys forget about the only meat food this is just stupid almost chars basically suvives with meat balls so thats ok
Also battles is in everywhere and meat is not that dificult

The real problem is the tiny hunger max, god is annoying the fact u have to concern about hunger everyday, u  need to carry bacon and eggs for long travels or else stop for catch more, that lack of focus disturb me and i dont like playin as her just cuz that 120 points

That bein said Wigfrid is strong and cool but not that overpower as the autor suggest, we have many ways to be op in this game, Wig is not that one even when life steal is kinda too much SOMETIMES

Bundle.

Overall I personally think the game is too focused on combat at the moment. Wolf, Wigfrid, and Wendy are probably the best in combat, but what else can they do outside of it? Wigfrid can make spears and helmets, but that still involves combat. Wormwood can plant without farms, Warly can cook anywhere, Wickerbottom can farm many resources, Walter is an amazing morsel farmer, Winona has her trusty tape and inventions, Wurt can build all sorts of stuff, and etc. It's no surprise that these characters (with maybe the exception of Wicker) are less played than the combat-focused characters; people generally find skilled challenges more fun and interesting, so chore-based "difficult" characters will stand a good chance of being at the bottom rung.

Archived