Wigfrid is too strong

I’ve been playing a good bit of Wurt Vs Wigfrid- And trust me when I say Veggie only Diet is a heck of a lot easier to handle then “Meat Only Diet”

Not only does Wurt have a whopping 200 hunger points before she enters full on starvation but she can easily live off Ice, Butterflies, Carrots, Berries, Birchnuts, Random Seeds birds are always dropping.

All of these things with the Exception of Birchnuts and Ice- are completely free and require no tools at all to obtain.

She can eat these things straight from their sources without even needing to build so much as a fire or a cooking pot.

Wigfrid on the other hand (assuming she still has her Helm and Spear and it’s not been destroyed through glorious battle..) Has to go out and actively fight or capture her food sources 

And I’m more then willing to bet you that somewhere in Klei’s headquarters they have the exact stats of how many players starve as Wigfrid vs How many starve as Wurt..

Wigfrid has to have what I like to call “Set-Up Materials” to survive... meaning she needs something to either: Actively engage in Combat, she needs a fire to cook with, or a cooking pot to place ingredients into, or she has to build and bait Rabbit/Bird Traps/Fishing Rod, to catch her food.

I play this game by walking around exploring the entire map I don’t sit in base pumping monster meat into a bird cage for free Eggs.

Mark my Words- A Wigfrid player WILL Starve far more often then a Wurt player will if playing by my Nomadic playstyle preferences.

And this has nothing at all to do with the Wigfrid players knowledge of the game and how to obtain meat sources- But it instead rather has EVERYTHING to do with the way your randomly generated world can sometimes be stretches upon long stretches of barren meatless wastelands.

As far as the songs go I haven’t played around with those enough to decide rather they’re good or bad but I see people wanting new stuff added to them like “Warmth Insulation on all players” for the Fireproof song.. and here I am thinking- Didn’t they say they didn’t want Wigfrids Refresh to make her anymore OP because she was perfect as she was?

-Shrugs- for What it’s Worth, Wurt isn’t as Useless & “Helpless” as people on Xbox Live claim she is- But a Dying Meatless Wigfrid... that can’t find so much as a single Moleworm/Tallbird/Spider/Hound or Catcoon while out on her Nomadic map exploring adventures.. now THAT is Useless.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Mark my Words- A Wigfrid player WILL Starve far more often then a Wurt player will if playing by my Nomadic playstyle preferences.

looks like you are playing without winter, when crops stops growing

4 hours ago, MrSoratori said:

Ok, bundle. And what? ANY char including wolfgang can usufrute that once they kill bq and believe me, a good player as wolf/wendy will
Good luck rushin her as Wigfrid, cuz in first autum... nope.

Like wigfrid needs a lot of prep to kill her...

If someone cant kill her in the 1st autumn is because is rushing the ruins for almost free, after going to surface you can do it with not so much healing and without need to farm 40 silk (thing that she can do in few minutes with her damage if needed)

I’ve noticed an incredible correlation between people who choose a nomadic playstyle and a dramatic lack of understanding game mechanics.

This is relevant vis a vis hot takes like wigfrid ever being in a position to starve in the hands of an even semi-proficient player.

She’s very strong, but the songs didn’t change much in that regard and doesn’t need changes.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:05 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Like wigfrid needs a lot of prep to kill her...

If someone cant kill her in the 1st autumn is because is rushing the ruins for almost free, after going to surface you can do it with not so much healing and without need to farm 40 silk (thing that she can do in few minutes with her damage if needed)

Oh yeah? Show me this. A rush as wigfrid first autumn.

46 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

Oh yeah? Show me this. A rush as wigfrid first autumn.

Pan flautes , every character can why wigfrid not with her reduced damage receive, increase damage and healing on hit but i will not record just to win a internet fight. Search on youtube im sure someone has done this before

Or try by yourself instead of being arrogant

I can kill bee queen first autumn as wigfrid. It's not cheap, but it's possible. I'd rather get it done during winter because I always get annoyed with finding the entire ruins in the first place and I waste a lot of time underground, but first autumn bee queen as wigfrid is possible and doesn't need a great deal of healing with the right gear.

Having said that, she isn't too strong at all compared to better bee queen killers such as wolfgang and wickerbottom.

I don't know how I feel about wendy's bee queen since the fights i've seen demand 20 pierogis and with how much harder nightmares will be to avoid from after the new patch drops, she probably won't be able to use blue caps.

but wendy is probably better at it than wigfrid.

Wigfrid is probably 4th best.... perhaps 3rd.... if you factor in winona, could be 5th... but winona's bee queen is by far the most expensive method short term.

Wigfrid can certainly kill bee queen first autumn. I think with enough luck, she could do dragonfly, ancient guardian and bee queen in autumn 1, but it's tricky to get it consistently.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, MrSoratori said:

Good luck rushin her as Wigfrid, cuz in first autum... nope. 

had to supplement this so you could see the entire post

I am honestly having problems as Wigfrid in staying alive without Starving.. and I just don’t understand how that is at all even possible... Wigfrid is easily my 2nd most played character in DST of all time second only next to Wendy, but lately I can’t seem to find enough food sources to successfully sustain Wigfrid on the Xbox One version of the game.. nor can I encounter enough hostile mobs to make any actual use out of her new Stagecraft songs.. because the Inspiration meter drops too quickly in between finding things to actually fight..

The funny thing is however- That I can play Wurt just fine.. who is the opposite of Wigfrid in that she eats Veggies only instead of Meat, except.. Veggies are plentiful and all over everywhere, where as you can walk for miles on end without finding so much as a single reliable meat source as Wigfrid.

Pengull (which I believe to be glitched..) sometimes won’t drop anything AT ALL when killed.. And a Starving Wigfrid is no good to Anyone. :( 

I don’t think it has anything to do with my own personal server settings, because I’ve managed to starve in random servers I join too.. I just think the worlds may just spawn with too little food sources to actually stay alive on Maybe? Or maybe I’ve just played as Wendy / the newer dlc characters so much that I SUCK as Wigfrid now. :( 

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am honestly having problems as Wigfrid in staying alive without Starving.. and I just don’t understand how that is at all even possible... Wigfrid is easily my 2nd most played character in DST of all time second only next to Wendy, but lately I can’t seem to find enough food sources to successfully sustain Wigfrid on the Xbox One version of the game.. nor can I encounter enough hostile mobs to make any actual use out of her new Stagecraft songs.. because the Inspiration meter drops too quickly in between finding things to actually fight..

The funny thing is however- That I can play Wurt just fine.. who is the opposite of Wigfrid in that she eats Veggies only instead of Meat, except.. Veggies are plentiful and all over everywhere, where as you can walk for miles on end without finding so much as a single reliable meat source as Wigfrid.

Pengull (which I believe to be glitched..) sometimes won’t drop anything AT ALL when killed.. And a Starving Wigfrid is no good to Anyone. :( 

I don’t think it has anything to do with my own personal server settings, because I’ve managed to starve in random servers I join too.. I just think the worlds may just spawn with too little food sources to actually stay alive on Maybe? Or maybe I’ve just played as Wendy / the newer dlc characters so much that I SUCK as Wigfrid now. :( 

eat cocked monster meat

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

eat cocked monster meat

That’s the thing! There’s literally NO Reliable meat source of any type anywhere around for long stretches of walking.. and if there is- it’s usually only a bird that lands that can be caught and cooked for a small morsel, you have to build a crockpot/have filler for said crockpots to get Wigfrid to survive off that but often times there’s not even enough crockpot filler around! A Wigfrid that can find a Molerat, Pigman, Merm, Spider or a Catcoon den or even bust open a Plugged Sinkhole and kill Bats.. that Wigfrid is going to survive, but I must have some really bad luck because I can’t find enough meat while walking around actually exploring out a map to survive off of.

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You don't need meat, monster meat cooked fighting a few spiders keeps you fed and the fighting heals all the health and sanity you need. Although you might want to be insane the first few times to stockpile some fuel. Also anytime you get any meat morsel or monster meat you get meatballs with three fillers. If you track one koalefant (wich are plenty on default settings) and make a few meatballs with it + the trunk you already have 7.5 days without any need to get more food. You cannot spend a day wandering without findings pigs / catcoons / beefs, wich also solve the issue. I genuinely don't understand where your trouble comes from, not trying to be harsh or make fun of you. If you kill what's on your way (not the beefalos) exploring the world you are supposed to already get so much meat that it will spoil before you can eat it all, even without crockpot. If you wanna make sure you stay sane, you can also feed the monster meat from the spiders to pigs to get 2 meats from them instead of 0.75.

About the inspiration meter, you only get a reasonable use of it in boss fights. The healing and sanity songs just get rid of her only "weakness" against bosses: her natural vampirism is very bad against them, you can just wreck bee queen and dragonfly in first autumn without any healing item, or just a few against bee queen if it goes a bit bad because of the lack of speed without cane.

Edit: Seeing your new post: when you see the entrance to mosaïc or rocky biome just go another way, those are the two pretty much empty biomes. Everything else has plenty of meat.

Edit2: rocky biome CAN be empty sorry, but there is also the big spider set piece that can spawn in it.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, Mike23Ua said:

That’s the thing! There’s literally NO Reliable meat source of any type anywhere around for long stretches of walking.. and if there is- it’s usually only a bird that lands that can be caught and cooked for a small morsel, you have to build a crockpot/have filler for said crockpots to get Wigfrid to survive off that but often times there’s not even enough crockpot filler around! A Wigfrid that can find a Molerat, Pigman, Merm, Spider or a Catcoon den or even bust open a Plugged Sinkhole and kill Bats.. that Wigfrid is going to survive, but I must have some really bad luck because I can’t find enough meat while walking around actually exploring out a map to survive off of.

Well, you have to plan ahead.

If you start a world you know that there is huge areas without animals so hunt before and explore later

Cocked monster meat wasnt a joke, raw is dangerous but cocked isnt that dangerous (and less with wig perks)

If you have koalaphants enable hunt for them and you will never have hungry or isolate some beefalos to kill them 1 per 1

On 10/13/2020 at 9:04 AM, Duck986 said:

looks like you are playing without winter, when crops stops growing

Unlike most other plants, Cacti can grow back during winter, unaffected by the cold. Therefore, Cactus Flesh can be easily farmed and used in lieu of farmed vegetables during Winter. Furthermore, if you're playing as nomad and roaming around the entire map, you can always stock up on Lichen.

I don't see why Winter would be problematic with Wurt.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:43 PM, Mike23Ua said:

NO Reliable meat source of any type anywhere around for long stretches of walking..

Koalaphants.

Food isn't an issue in this game, regardless of what the title may suggest and what dietary restrictions you may find within your character.

29 minutes ago, fluffytail said:

Food isn't an issue in this game, regardless of what the title may suggest and what dietary restrictions you may find within your character.

and less with leafy meat and batwings changes...

instead of dont starve together the game should change to dont be fat together

Archived