Chinese new year and lunar event

Which of the twelve Chinese zodiacs do you have the most expectation to happen at the Don't Starve Together lunar event and what do you think could be implemented in the game during this event?

It may be any year in question, not necessarily the next year that we will receive.

English is not my first language so I apologize for the low translation of Google Translate. :(

chinese_new_year_zodiac (1).jpg

Well the Ox is up next, and no doubt it will probably be Year of the Beefalo; so my guess is that, at minimum, we will have fun activities to do with tamed beefalo. On the other hand, at most, we'll probably see a rework to the taming system as we have it now. I hope for both honestly! :)

I have to say that the Chinese year that I'm most excited to experience in the game is that of the Monkey, which could be better than having several of these adorable little creatures walking around Constant and helping to collect the items you leave on the base floor.

Snoringsplumonkey.png

My opinion :

Rat - Carrat

Ox - Beefalo

Tiger - Catcoon

Rabbit - Bunnymen/Rabbits

Dragon - Salamander (thet've been aded same time with carrat just for complet the event cast)

Snake - Snakes/Vipers [DLC]

Horse - Clockwork Knights

Sheep - Goat people from gorge (looks like a goat, not a sheep for me)

Monkey - Spelumonkeys

Rooster - Gobbler

Dog - Hounds/Vargs/Woby

Pig - Pigmen

38 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

im pretty sure dragonfly would be dragon but saladmanders would be a good second option 

also the zodiac says goat

and yeah we got volt goats which i kinda forgot about 

2 hours ago, DavePlaysDST said:

my predictions for the years

gobbler-happened already

pig-happened

hounds/vargs-happened 

carrat-happened 

beefalo

*catcoon?

rabbit/bunnymen

dragonfly/saladmander

(no dst equivalent of snake)

*clockwork knights

*volt goats or gorge goats

splemonkey

ok i changed it a bit

Depths worm is a pretty solid alternative for snake. But I'll be blunt; it's not a snake.

And honestly, introducing snakes as a mob just for the event would be very anti climactic.

Tell you what I think they should add before year of the snake? The Pugalisk. I think it would be totally at home in dst as a raid boss.

It's a pretty interactive boss as far as don't starve goes as a whole. And having a year using that as the zodiac rep. Much better than a little 100hp snake

15 minutes ago, PrezPara said:

*Laughs in carrat*

Carrats were added months before though and they're still a part of the game. I don't think the devs were necessarily thinking they had to add a rat mob on Turn of The Tides just because of the upcoming lunar year, they could've just as easily made the event focus on moleworms or batilisks if they hadn't added carrats. My only qualm is that the event didn't provide the mob with anything permanent after the event; the poor mob is just as open to extinction as ever. I hoped they'd add the carrat race stuf through some other means like submerged treasures and made the mob obtainabe in tbhe critter den; similar to what they did with the Year of the Pig event.

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Carrats were added months before though and they're still a part of the game. I don't think the devs were necessarily thinking they had to add a rat mob on Turn of The Tides just because of the upcoming lunar year, they could've just as easily made the event focus on moleworms or batilisks if they hadn't added carrats. My only qualm is that the event didn't provide the mob with anything permanent after the event; the poor mob is just as open to extinction as ever. I hoped they'd add the carrat race stuf through some other means like submerged treasures and made the mob obtainabe in tbhe critter den; similar to what they did with the Year of the Pig event.

Tbh I think they would have added a mob similar to carrats (due to the bull stalks being a melee weapon with far range) if it wasn't year of the rat but they specifically made them a rat for the event. You could be right and this is just my opinion but I don't feel like carrats themselves belong on lunar island. You got crystal spiders, you got pengulls made of ice, you got those cool saladmanders wandering around. Then there's just a carrot. I'm also 99% sure they only chose for it to be a carrot for the pun, but who knows. 

Year of the Ox: Year of the Beefalo

Year of the Tiger: Year of the Catcoon

Year of the Bunny: Year of the Bunnymen

Year of the Dragon: Year of the Dragonfly

Year of the Snake: Year of the Poison Snake/Frog

Year of the Horse: ?????

Year of the Goat: Year of the Voltgoat

Year of the Monkey: Year of the Splumonkey

Year of the Tiger, for me. Because:

1.  It's my own Chinese Zodiac sign but more importantly

2. KITTIES!!!  :D

Year of the Tigershark would be interesting (and add something else to the sea area) but I'd be fine with catcoons.  Either way it's gonna be an adorable festival.  With teeth and claws. :)

...Notorious

Oh I just noticed, Ox is my Chinese zodiac and it's also the upcoming one. And I'm really excited for it because Beefalos are one of my favorite mobs in the game and they are one of the more engaging ones especially considering the entire domestication mechanics so I'm really excited what they are going to do with them and hopefully the event will bring some permanent stuff for our fellow beefalos. Also, thinking about it it'd be priceless if they add three new contender skins with Fur Warrior Suit theme, would be very topical and look so great. The possibilities are limitless; I just hope it won't be a one & done thing like 3/4 of the chinese new year events so far.

On 9/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, SinancoTheBest said:

dude, i adore carrats and when someone on a pub goes to lunar island i try to go to so i can steal turf and a carrat friend XD

Archived