Why Maxwell's Health Is So Low?

I don't review the character. He is great.

I just wonder why he have that low health. Even women and child characters have more HP from him. If it's bc of being trapped for so long, why didn't anything happened to Wes or Woodlegs? Webber was death before but even he has more HP. Anyone have idea or theory?

6 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

He is a frail old man after sitting on the throne for many many many years

Woodlegs is at least 70 years old, he lost his legs and traped in a cage for years and he have 150 health. Wheeler is a young adventurer but she only have 100 health. It's not about it, it's probably about some health problem we don't know. Also Walter have lower health than other kid characters. I don't think it's all so basic.

14 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Uhm ACTUALLY

William (afton) Carter puzzles reveal that Maxwell is suffering from some heart disease. I believe low blood pressure or something.

Really, I didn't heard that before. If it's real, the reason is probably that.

Also guys, don't talk about his beautifull nose.

31 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Woodlegs is at least 70 years old, he lost his legs and traped in a cage for years and he have 150 health. Wheeler is a young adventurer but she only have 100 health. It's not about it, it's probably about some health problem we don't know. Also Walter have lower health than other kid characters. I don't think it's all so basic.

Something to keep in mind is that Maxwell's stats and basic mechanics were created in Vanilla, back in 2013. I personally believe his low health is because he's a frail old man after sitting on the throne for so long, but if that was the intent behind his design at any point then it could very well be lost to time. Bringing up the health values of other characters like Wheeler or Walter isn't really relevant in my opinion, as those characters were made years later and likely by different developers. If that was the original design, they likely aren't following it anymore if it wasn't put in a Klei character bible or something.

23 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Something to keep in mind is that Maxwell's stats and basic mechanics were created in Vanilla, back in 2013. I personally believe his low health is because he's a frail old man after sitting on the throne for so long, but if that was the intent behind his design at any point then it could very well be lost to time. Bringing up the health values of other characters like Wheeler or Walter isn't really relevant in my opinion, as those characters were made years later and likely by different developers. If that was the original design, they likely aren't following it anymore if it wasn't put in a Klei character bible or something.

I really like this Mindset-

Dont Starve Together is a Sequel... And characters learn new abilities in Sequels.

They even explained the origins of Woodies Transformation idols as being something Wickerbottom helped him learn to control.

Prior to DST, Woodie was all on his own and had never encountered Wicker.

Which ALSO Means- Wilson has already free’d Maxwell from the Nightmare throne, taken his place and then been free’d by Charlie.

So if it is being a prisoner to the throne.. that Made Maxwell so weak, he should be getting better now.

At the same exact time- Maxwell banished Wes to an invisible room filled with clockwork monsters because he quote “Displeased him” but by this point in the franchise, Someone has already free’d Wes from his invisible prison..

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that you can’t realistically expect the characters of DST to not Evolve past their DS single player counterparts.

Even WES would learn from his Mistakes and not repeat them.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

William (afton) Carter puzzles reveal that Maxwell is suffering from some heart disease. I believe low blood pressure or something.

Maxwell quote for seasoning salt "My doctor said I shouldn't have too much."

That might be high blood pressure. Because with high blood pressure usually people need to limit or remove salt from diet. 

11 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Maxwell quote for seasoning salt "My doctor said I shouldn't have too much."

That might be high blood pressure. Because with high blood pressure usually people need to limit or remove salt from diet. 

Yeah maxwell must have high blood pressure not low, i have low blood pressure so i eat ALOT of salt.

When Wilson freed him, his entire skeleton turned to dust. Someone just scooped up the Maxwell powder and poured it back into his body. He is essentially gelatin at this point. This is my theory I just came up with and I will now refuse to believe anything different

Archived