[Poll] On Update Priority

In the town of Agua Fria rode a Stranger one fine day...  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of update do you want yo see next?

• Content
    • Character Refresh
    • New Character
    • More Quality of Life if that be possible
    • Bug Fixes
    • (Other) do mention in the comments!

Next on my list of questions: which sort of updates and changes would you wish prioritized by the devs after the upcoming August QoL update?

Answer and discuss if you wish, there's fine honeyed tea when you're done. Some star bits too.

Disclaimer: This poll is made by a forumite to represent forumites' stance on an issue and is not to be associated to any Klei staff; nor are poll results a guarantee of what the next updates will bring.

I'm trying to get my friend into dst soon and he's the type of guy that you justĀ knowĀ will main webber, so it would be really cool if webber got reworked before he gets into him (Which IĀ know he will, trust me).

I highly dislike ocean content in DST, it is slow, it is extremely empty and it is boring until you sail to a point of interest..

Sailing itself should be more fun.. (the new TerrorClaw is an interesting part of that..)

But we need so much more.. and I donā€™t know if we will ever get that.

In itā€™s current form, we need more ocean content, but the same could be said for seasonal content for Spring, Summer, Autumn, and all those empty-ish biomes that could use updates.

Minecraft updates their biomes with new content every year or so.. maybe Klei can update familiar areas with unfamiliar new content?

Idk.. I just want something big, and I just donā€™t know if we will ever get it :(Ā 

Shop Cat is the highest honor forum reaction youā€™ll get from me (unless your Nome.. who gets Potato Cup for obvious reasons) And I 100% agree with everything @minespatchĀ said- things that can trigger seizures and epilepsy should be able to be toned down or off so they donā€™t physical effect people.

"Content" is very nebulous, because the kind of content that is in Return of Them is far from what myself and many others actually want.

Ā 

Other than that, I'd say character refreshes? Not happy with refreshes like Woodie and Willow, but Wendy was on the right track.

32 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Other than that, I'd say character refreshes? Not happy with refreshes like Woodie and Willow, but Wendy was on the right track.

I agree with you on Woodie, however what of Willow's rework is disappointing to you? She was given a whole slew of new tools to use (fire immunity and a largely buffed Bernie).

4 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

After the QoL update I would love it if we got a couple more "larger" RoT updates (to wrap up Return of Them once and for all) and maybe see where the devs see DST going from here on out.

Leets not wrap up Return of Them anytime soon please and thank you ^^Ā 

i put other cus i think klei are managing updates quite well going between qql updates and character refreshs and RoT there juggling them all quite well

edit:just read all the comments yeah klei should get rid of stuff that trigger seizures andĀ epilepsyĀ 

I am actually in love with the concept of quality of life updates, it feels... refreshing? I dunno, it's hard for me to explain, but it feels like such nice polish on the tried and true 2013 original.

These quality of life updates seem to (hopefully) be giving the team a little bit of a breather from pumping out new content non-stop and allows them to address a few of the community's suggestions/feedback/etc. It's really heartwarming to see.Ā :wilson_love:

8 hours ago, Starlogy said:

I agree with you on Woodie, however what of Willow's rework is disappointing to you? She was given a whole slew of new tools to use (fire immunity and a largely buffed Bernie).

Fire immunity should have transferred over from DS from the start, and Bernie is unfitting and promotes staying insane to get any value out of him.

They completely ignored the pyromaniac side of her due to griefing concerns I guess, which is laughable.

Ā 

She has nothing unique of her own to make her fun to play, just a bear that does all the work for you, and thats it. Cooking with her lighter isn't impressive when campfires are super easy to craft and keep held in your crafting menu, and her lighter isn't even infinite for her anymore.

Character reworks have been the part I'm most excited about. It's a shame we're getting one every half a year. At this pace when are all reworks will be finished? 2024? Well, if Walter is the final new character, we may be seeing a character rework every 4 months and not 6, hooray.
RoT updates have been underwhelming to say the least, really not looking forward to any of this. Sailing is just bad and nothing about it is rewarding. It's a good thing we have Woodie's goose form, which makes the ocean travel a bit more bearable. Good thing we can build boat bridges, which is the best purpose of the boats.
Can't really judge QoL updates as a whole, because there has been only one and the second one isn't out yet. But the first one was alright, especially with marble suit, insulated pack and thul club buffs. I'm looking forward to more item buffs.

5 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

Fire immunity should have transferred over from DS from the start, and Bernie is unfitting and promotes staying insane to get any value out of him.

They completely ignored the pyromaniac side of her due to griefing concerns I guess, which is laughable.

Ā 

She has nothing unique of her own to make her fun to play, just a bear that does all the work for you, and thats it. Cooking with her lighter isn't impressive when campfires are super easy to craft and keep held in your crafting menu, and her lighter isn't even infinite for her anymore.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

She gains sanity near fire, if that isnt a pyromaniac i dont know what it is

Please, can you not start the same discussion about what charachters should or should not be here? Discuss it in this thread: "Ranking characters on how much they need a re-work and explaining why".

Character refreshes first in my opinion.

Right now the characters are unbalanced because some of them havent got a refresh while others have become a bit OP.

Also nerf wigfrid and wolfgang and give them more interesting abilities. People seem to play them just for the sake of playing with easy mode.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, Owlrus said:

After the QoL update I would love it if we got a couple more "larger" RoT updates (to wrap up Return of Them once and for all) and maybe see where the devs see DST going from here on out.

Be careful what you wish for. It could be likely RoT is the last thing DST ever gets.

Looking at DS1 I very much doubt Klei has any intention of "completing" the lore. The only reason Hamlet exists is because two years ago they got bored with their other titles apparently.

Archived