Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also can I kill just ONE of the deer without it mutating him? I mean that just seems logical- Remove one effect status so you ain’t gotta deal with a Katy Perry song.

Kill?  No.  But you can keep it on fire for most of the fight.  The gem dear have like 1500 health.  Just bring in a stack of embers, set up fireballs before and use a few combust during the fight.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like I mean if you run too far Klaus drops his attention from you and goes back to his loot sack.

been doing that and klaus agro stay, the best to dodge this is by walking away from gem deer diagonally so if its on your left side try run to right . 
but yeah i prefer just dodge the attack take a bit of damage by countering it with fire ball. cus u gonna miss the few free hit when klaus doing nothing but raise his hand.

Edited by prettynuggets
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

and I don’t really think boss fights should require 3 football helmets, 20 bunny stews, 3 Darkswords, 20 cooked cactus flesh, 15 cooked green mushrooms & Panflute to deal with spawned minions.

This is by no means grindy...nobody is forcing you to farm a little bit of resources to get better ones

Pay attention to his hand, in the moment he raises it run. He never does 2 times the same spell (unless the cool downs are messed  so he resync again). You are using willow, burn him or a tree to stop the freezing damage and bring a thermal stone (basic survival..). Dont use clothing. Since you are using willow, you can use the fire ball spell to have a source of heat and light in case you mess up

You don't need Panflute to deal with 2 krampii and less as willow, burn them if you have problems kitting them. It helps but dont complain about needing to use it to deal with 2 enemies

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t really think boss fights should require 3 football helmets, 20 bunny stews, 3 Darkswords, 20 cooked cactus flesh, 15 cooked green mushrooms & Panflute to deal with spawned minions

which is why they don't, you don't need anything other than 1 ham bat

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.. I can’t even get this guy to his opened belly phase…. Before I Die. Maybe DST is just too hard of a game for me to even be able to play.. idk all that I do know is that I’m extremely frustrated with this boss fight at this point.

You can kill him the same as any character I think. Forget about insulation because it makes the fight harder as the fire attack will cause you to overhead for longer and the ice one will freeze you anyway. Thermal stones are best for this fight. Since you don't have insulation, the heat will wear off shortly after and you will warm up immediately after leaving the range of the ice attack.

For the attack patern just practice, note that red and blue deer alternate their attacks, and the first cast of the fight is normally red deer.

Don't forget the basics. Heal/sanity food, torches to light up deers to warm your thermal stone and maybe a panflute for the krampii summon. 

Good luck.

8 hours ago, SapoLover said:

You can kill him the same as any character I think. Forget about insulation because it makes the fight harder as the fire attack will cause you to overhead for longer and the ice one will freeze you anyway. Thermal stones are best for this fight. Since you don't have insulation, the heat will wear off shortly after and you will warm up immediately after leaving the range of the ice attack.

For the attack patern just practice, note that red and blue deer alternate their attacks, and the first cast of the fight is normally red deer.

Don't forget the basics. Heal/sanity food, torches to light up deers to warm your thermal stone and maybe a panflute for the krampii summon. 

Good luck.

I should probably mention that it’s late spring in my current world, there’s frog rain, and thermal stones don’t seem to get hot enough to keep the cold AoE from effecting Willow..

Should I just abandon this fight attempt and come back later in Summer?

(if you guys didn’t know Klaus is a Year Round Boss during WintersFeast, otherwise he only shows up in Winter.)

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I should probably mention that it’s late spring in my current world, there’s frog rain, and thermal stones don’t seem to get hot enough to keep the cold AoE from effecting Willow..

Should I just abandon this fight attempt and come back later in Summer?

(if you guys didn’t know Klaus is a Year Round Boss during WintersFeast, otherwise he only shows up in Winter.)

Try going without a thermal stone.  If ambient temp is safe, then when you exit the cold area you should quickly return to a safe range yourself.  The stone gets instantly set super cold / hot with Klaus' spells so it might be slowing your return to safe ranges.

But also - like I said - try to torch the blue deer so you don't get the cold spell as much.  That should really help.  You can do this with combustion and also light Klaus for a bit of extra damage, or just equip your torch and attack the deer.  When Klaus casts the blue spell is a great time to walk over and hit him with your torch.

Willow's extended burn time works great in the Klaus fight to keep the cold spell off your back.  I do it a lot b/c overheating is a lot easier to deal with in winter, and as Willow where catching fire doesn't add extra damage.

Edited by Yuuko

Why can't we spawn Forge mobs (or items for that matter) in Survival? I just want to see how Swineclops can and will own many of the Survival bosses with his 200 damage and 42.5k health...

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 1

If you know Dfly's spawn location could you build the tentacle trap in such a way that when she spawns they immediately begin atracking her if the area is loaded so that you can automate killing her?

The only videos I have seen using the tentacle method always need you to aggro her into the killing box and possibly re aggro after the larvae waves.

With Bee Queen there are several videos using tentacles right on the Hive base (dangerous to initiate the fight) but would this concept work for Dfly potentially?

11 minutes ago, JadedMeiji said:

If you know Dfly's spawn location could you build the tentacle trap in such a way that when she spawns they immediately begin atracking her if the area is loaded so that you can automate killing her?

it'll fly away to spawn lavae and that won't work

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, JadedMeiji said:

The only videos I have seen using the tentacle method always need you to aggro her into the killing box and possibly re aggro after the larvae waves.

With Bee Queen there are several videos using tentacles right on the Hive base (dangerous to initiate the fight) but would this concept work for Dfly potentially?

One of the most effective ways to kill Dragonfly without really doing much of anything at all (& aside from summoning Twins of Terror on her and hiding in a bush hat..) is to rush into her fighting zone and Panflute her to sleep, while she is asleep plant gunpowder at her resting spot (slurtle slime also explodes BtW) this also happens to be one of the very very few ways a Solo player can effectively deal enough damage to DFly to force her to drop scales without having to play as Wolfgang.

Gunpowder/slurtle slime is a heavily underused source of damage in DST, but once you can start easily amassing it in bulk, even the mightiest of foes can be brought down.

Even the ones with resistance to gunpowder damage can still effectively be fought with gunpowder, the only difference is instead of sitting it all down in one huge stack, you have to place multiple stacks so they will set off a chain reaction of explosions.

I don’t recommend using this method on Crab King though, for him your better off just putting a few bee mines near him. 

Edited by Mike23Ua

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

One of the most effective ways to kill Dragonfly without really doing much of anything at all (& aside from summoning Twins of Terror on her and hiding in a bush hat..) is to rush into her fighting zone and Panflute her to sleep, while she is asleep plant gunpowder at her resting spot (slurtle slime also explodes BtW) this also happens to be one of the very very few ways a Solo player can effectively deal enough damage to DFly to force her to drop scales without having to play as Wolfgang.

Gunpowder/slurtle slime is a heavily underused source of damage in DST, but once you can start easily amassing it in bulk, even the mightiest of foes can be brought down.

Even the ones with resistance to gunpowder damage can still effectively be fought with gunpowder, the only difference is instead of sitting it all down in one huge stack, you have to place multiple stacks so they will set off a chain reaction of explosions.

I don’t recommend using this method on Crab King though, for him your better off just putting a few bee mines near him. 

I like these strats too and I used them for quite some time but I think I got some better options. If you have access to the portal you can change to wickerbottom and use her bees instead. You just need 4 bee books and 1 tempering temperature to unfreeze the bees when crab king freeze them. The fight happens in 2 minutes or less. For dragonfly I like to kill her regularly until I get access to armored bearger, then I switch between armored bearger killing her and fighting her with spicy volt goat jelly on a regular char.

That's because imo a volt goat farm is way more efficient than gunpowder farming, and the twins strat is way messier than armored bearger and he can kill bee queen, klaus and even the 2 other lunar surface bosses.

I don't own hamlet dlc for Don't Starve. I understand that you unlock Wormwood for free by owning hamlet. If I convert essential Wormwood into spools and then buy Hamlet DLC, would I unlock Wormwood again in DST?

3 minutes ago, GimplyGoose said:

I don't own hamlet dlc for Don't Starve. I understand that you unlock Wormwood for free by owning hamlet. If I convert essential Wormwood into spools and then buy Hamlet DLC, would I unlock Wormwood again in DST?

yes, you can also not do that and have 2 normal wormwoods which doesn't do anything, but you'll still be able to do that with 1 or both of them

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GimplyGoose said:

Yea, but only if your playing the game on PC, this deal doesn’t work on Consoles.

A question about Lunar Rifts and bright shades. So, there's a rift right now in my world. I defeated Armored Bearger and Mutated Warg. But I'm not getting any brightshades. I have a garden made for brightshades to infest, how exactly do they spawn? I've been waiting for one to spawn but haven't seen any yet...

35 minutes ago, LanOrhan said:

A question about Lunar Rifts and bright shades. So, there's a rift right now in my world. I defeated Armored Bearger and Mutated Warg. But I'm not getting any brightshades. I have a garden made for brightshades to infest, how exactly do they spawn? I've been waiting for one to spawn but haven't seen any yet...

they spawn after some time after the rift reaches the 3rd stage, if it has a bright big map icon that can be seen even without having explored the part of the map that the rift is in it has reached the 3rd stage, although killing mutated bosses removes brightshade waves from the current rift, but if it didn't get closed after you killed mutated bosses it should still spawn brightshades

• Sad Dupe 1

Hello all. I am a console player (Switch) and I'm trying to beat Celestial Champion to unlock Willow's skill but I just... can't beat phase 3. I have bone helm / armors, 10 thucelite crowns, mags, a lot of perogies, 6+ darkswords, weather pains (utterly useless on console) but I just can't beat him. It's autumn right now so I'm thinking of just leaving his phase. version on the island (I think his HP will double if I do) so I can wait until winter to telelocate Klaus and or Deerclops to the island. I don't have enough materials for gunpowder or blowdarts, I can't switch characters because I need to unlock Willow in particular. Is my plan good or is there something else I can do? (e.g. get mush sleep rooms)

Edited by loonreaper
more context
  • Like 1