Sal run- who do you pick?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Sal run- who do you pick?

• Nadan
    • Oolo
  2. 2. Rook run- who do you pick?

• Barons (Fellemo)
    • Rise (Kalandra)

From a gameplay perspective: Nadan with Sal. If only you always got Requsition Chip instead of just sometimes, but since you always get Lockmelter, oh well.

From a story prespective: Oolo with Sal, IF you let Nadan live. You keep the status quo in one piece, and get the ending that Fssh probably prefers. Plus, Sal doesn't really feel like crime boss material.

Oolo and Fellemo

Logically they'd have the most resources to work with as they're on the right side of the law and are high on the totem pole of the law, I.E. security officer in a new territory and regional manager for an entire company town.

Plus Oolo will generally mean more loveds by admiralties, who I think have better perks than any spree ruffian, like the collector bounty and 1 extra defense for all defense cards.

Fellemo...eh... it's cool that he's your bud and all but frankly I sided with him more due to my experience with Oolo.

from minmaxing perspective, i pick nadan 70% of the time, maybe higher. get a combat bonus card(which is helpful), guarantee 300 shills when you spare foolo, make less people angry because you taxed them, and you avoid the lose-lose situation where you are forced to assassinate your friend at the end.

rook's campaign, i go for shovel, but work for barons first for bonus negotiation attempt, aggressively killing the rise when infiltrating, don't have this random foreman love you or hate you, and not instalose if you fail a negotiation. second day go for baron first, unless i'm poor for superior pet. third day go for baron for superior pets(again) and kill flekfis for something that's actually helpful in the final fight. final day, betray fellemo, like a true Rook player. Also it replenishes your backup.

smith's campaign, side with jakes. Their faction have better boons, and one of the Hesh banes are actually helpful to you.

20 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

third day go for baron for superior pets(again) and kill flekfis for something that's actually helpful in the final fight. final day, betray fellemo, like a true Rook player. Also it replenishes your backup.

Waaaait... there's a way to predict which lieutenant will fight you at the end of D3? I was convinced it was random. EDIT: is there also a way to control which lieutenant comes at you at the end of D2? 

Agree with the other gameplay reasons you mentioned. I would only add that another advantage of picking Spree is regular access to the Gutted Yote, which means better odds of provoking people that hate you, and an extra location to wine-and-dine someone into loving you (thiefs are particularly good for the price).

25 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Waaaait... there's a way to predict which lieutenant will fight you at the end of D3? I was convinced it was random. EDIT: is there also a way to control which lieutenant comes at you at the end of D2? 

Agree with the other gameplay reasons you mentioned. I would only add that another advantage of picking Spree is regular access to the Gutted Yote, which means better odds of provoking people that hate you, and an extra location to wine-and-dine someone into loving you (thiefs are particularly good for the price).

Day 2 boss will have a lieutenant come up depending on who you helped SECOND. Remember that. For rise help with boss it's barons then rise and for baron help its rise then barons.

Day 3 is completely controlled like the benefactor fight in sal's campaign. Whomever you didn't give the dossier to will send their lieutenant to fight you and will be the ambush party on Day 4.

Thanks! For D3, you technically show the dossier to party A, who asks you to go and show it to party B (for reasons that don't make too much sense to me). Does that mean party A's lieutenant is the one you fight, or party B?

11 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Thanks! For D3, you technically show the dossier to party A, who asks you to go and show it to party B (for reasons that don't make too much sense to me). Does that mean party A's lieutenant is the one you fight, or party B?

*clears throat*

You wake up to get the dossier. whoever you go to give the dossier to (I.E. work for first.) will and always will be the team you now side with. the opposing faction will still give you a quest, but only once you get the bogger raid will they truly renounce you. the group you sided with will help in the bogger raid while the opposing group will send their lieutenant and set up the ambush. telling the opposing party ABOUT the dossier will not affect anything but would supposedly help you look more credible and knowledgeable to the opposition.

also telling about the intel is part of "the plan(tm)" to end the opposition once and for all. it's not necessary in game, though.

2 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

Day 2 boss will have a lieutenant come up depending on who you helped SECOND. Remember that. For rise help with boss it's barons then rise and for baron help its rise then barons.

It's completely random on day 2. Here's the code for deciding the lieutenant's faction.

on_init = function(quest)
    quest.param.handler_faction = math.random() > .5 and "RISE" or "SPARK_BARONS"
    quest:AssignCastMember("handler_second")
end,

5 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

It's completely random on day 2. Here's the code for deciding the lieutenant's faction.

on_init = function(quest)
    quest.param.handler_faction = math.random() > .5 and "RISE" or "SPARK_BARONS"
    quest:AssignCastMember("handler_second")
end,

dang it rageleague. just as i start learning how to modify the game (with your help), this gets thrown at me and confuse me after i had learned something from months of playing the game...and maybe saying what i said on the wiki...that may have to be changed sometime soon...

does the handler second mean that i was correct? somewhat? does the order you do the quest have ANY significance what-so ever? or did i come to a conclusion via coincidence and alleged correlation?

1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

also telling about the intel is part of "the plan(tm)" to end the opposition once and for all. it's not necessary in game, though.

Yeah, I get that. The lack of any sort of gameplay implications muddles the issue though. As is the fact that "the plan(tm)" is hella vague and doesn't seem to actually lead anywhere?

I always side with Admiralty- Oolo is just way to charming and her interactions with Sal are simply hilarious. I tend to go with the Rise with Rook purely for story reasons... but I do envy the much cooler looking Barons.

Usually Nadan because I really like Assault & Vital Strikes faction card. Saying that I had a run with Frisk the other day and it does help quite a bit on higher prestige especially if you can copy the argument a few times like with Duplicity or something.

For Rook, generally Spark Baron because you can get Enforcer backup in some quests like the day 2 boss and Bogger Raid.

5 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

before anyone who just found this poll votes, let me just say one thing first.20200729114618_1.thumb.jpg.a64a1a9548b8a2899f901e1d59bf92ce.jpg

i rest my case.

As is well known:

Spree is about stabbing a rich merhant and getting 46 shills and a spark granade.

Admirality is about going to a bar with your friends and extorting your mortal enemy, a poor worker and your client for their life savings.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, minespatch said:

I'm with the Admiralty and Spark barons. Admirality gets me goodies and Fellemo's blacklist is excellent to build.

You can take the Blacklist card and still side with the rebels.  In fact, it'll give you an extra negotiation for that card.

Archived