Underrated teams/duos?

4 minutes ago, Ryde said:

Winona with her bandana skin and Wolfgang with his head on bandana skin for bandits. Me and my friend, we're terrorising our world with the nasty combo. The heart of the gang.

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my hambat
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than f

21 hours ago, Brubs said:

Willow and Walter. Basically Walter can auto attack until the end of times since Bernie will be tanking or Willow if she is kiting along with Bernie. (Imagine Willow making a Bernie army)

Also Walter is really good at killing shadow creatures so can help Willow tackle with them while she is insane.

Only one bernie becomes big

1 minute ago, Hileksander said:

Only one bernie becomes big

Yes, but having lots of Bernies ensures once one dies, you can place another one. It's very handy when facing swarms of mobs. 

2 hours ago, Ryde said:

Winona with her bandana skin and Wolfgang with his head on bandana skin for bandits. Me and my friend, we're terrorising our world with the nasty combo. The heart of the gang.

Ah yes The Giant Wolfgang, such a good looking skin

Screenshot_2020-07-22-22-54-17-1.png

Wicker and Willow

Bernie makes farming Krampi much less annoying, since you don't have to deal with any shadow monsters.

Also un-ironic Wes and Walter  

Walter could set off a chain of balloons without getting himself hurt

Why you'd want to do that is beyond me, but its still a synergy...more or less

Wendy and Wortox also make a good team. Abigail is a soul machine near spiders and bees, giving wortox an insane amount of souls. It also helps that she can gather a bunch of food which helps with wortox's physical food penalty (avoiding losing sanity due to soul eating). In addition, Wortox can heal Wendy if she ever decides to "tank" some mobs (treeguards, spider queens, among others) so she gets damaged instead of abigail.        

3 hours ago, Superlucas1231 said:

Wicker and Willow

Bernie makes farming Krampi much less annoying, since you don't have to deal with any shadow monsters.

Also un-ironic Wes and Walter  

Walter could set off a chain of balloons without getting himself hurt

Why you'd want to do that is beyond me, but its still a synergy...more or less

Well, if you make 20000 ballons near of beequeen hive and then walter hits 1 from a safe distance...

Op

Wolfgang and Wolfgang.

They'll kill every single moving thing in their sight

Wait no, I mean, Wurt and Wormwood.

Wurt can mass-produce bone shards from rotten fish, to make sufficient amount of bramble husk.

And Wormwood... Of course he'll provide various useful crops.

5 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Wolfgang and Wolfgang probably is the best combo tbh

I always found interesting how some characters synergize well with themselves, and others just don't. 

For example the main character that synergizes well in a duo with most others, Wickerbottom, does not synergize well with another wickerbottom. For a second book reader it would be much more productive to pair her with Maxwell, and have the ultimate magic wielding duo.

Sort of the same goes for Maxwell, sure you could collect resources even faster with 2 Maxwells but, does it really help? Maxwell would go well with any other. Wortox and Wortox even compete over the same resources (souls) and would see little to no advantages to play together.

Wolfgang and Wolfgang, Wigfrid and Wigfrid basically stack up their battle advantages for boss battles in general, leaving them more free time to deal with foodmaking and building.

Wendy and Wendy do synergize well with eachother , and make the enemies affected by Abi's AOE get basically nuked. This helps greatly on bee queen fight, for example, and makes any hound wave level just doable without tooth traps. They will compete over pipspooks quests though so they'd have to share.

Woodie and Woodie also synergize well since he can dedicate his perks to do many different things. They can just use their powers for resource collection and exploration at the same time, and fight together as a moose duo when required.

Due to the design of Wurt having her own personal objectives, a Wurt duo would reach and manage those objectives faster and more efficiently, making it a perfect synergy. Early game they'd have to get a steady food income since it could become a problem during the first winter, but so long as they have strategy to overcome that, they can then take over the world.

I could go on but you get the Idea.

5 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

Wortox and Woodie. Woodie go moose and tank, and Wortox heal.

I had the same idea, the only problem is that his weremeter will eventually drain, so at this point you could achieve the same thing with Wolfgang, but atleast Weremoose will not waste resources on armors.

Wes and Wigfrid. She makes up for where he lacks in almost all aspects and she is also loud enough for the both of them. Wes' insanity can help a Wigfrid farm nightmare fuel which can get kind of tedious at times. Also they are both technically performers that don't break their role no matter what, so cute.

5 hours ago, SoupRiced said:

wurtwigfrid3.png

I laughed, but, like... get a spider farm and a birdcage, turn a huge pile of monster meat into two smaller piles of eggs and monster meat, either get some less gross meat to make bacon and eggs or use the eggs as meatball filler. Problem solved.

2 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I laughed, but, like... get a spider farm and a birdcage, turn a huge pile of monster meat into two smaller piles of eggs and monster meat, either get some less gross meat to make bacon and eggs or use the eggs as meatball filler. Problem solved.

Yeah, once you get farms it's great. And bunnymen farm works wonders too. But early days would probably look like this.

Admitedly this is only on paper, but Wormwood and Woodie

Wormwood's ability to turn healing items and Food into Living logs means that Woodie doesn't have to worry about getting them. Thus, He can cut down trees in Werebeaver form to avoid tree guards and increase work efficency

my best thought would be Webber and Wendy. (and maybe wortox, but that'll cause soul-splosions)

Webber gives spiders, that Abigail can slaughter by the thousands, providing silks, meats, and glands

Glands make restorative revenant and spectral cure-all, which are both good for healing Abigail

Webber takes the silks and makes bug nets to go and grab butterflies and bees

Abigail continues her genocide against all insects

Abigail eventually dies, which prompts Wendy to make a sisturn, which provides sanity that Webber needs for his 100 max sanity

Both Wendy and Webber dine on honey nuggets throughout the winter. until they run out of honey. then it's meatballs. then they run out of fillers. then comes the panic.

Wolfgang, warly, abigail, blowdarts

Biggest damage output in the entire game.

2x dmg from wolfgang, spicy volt goat chaud-fraud, 10% dmg boost from abi

Archived