Sea shadow hand unfriendly海上黑手太不友好了

In the long night of winter, the sea shadowman attacked my boat time and time again, and my poor boat was sunk by it. The most important thing is that when I leave the ship and go ashore, the Sea Shadowman may be destroying my ship! It is good at opening the patch of the ship! Every time 50 durability is deducted, the old ship cannot withstand its destruction. Why does the Shadow Hand come on board after the character goes ashore? My boat was destroyed without paying attention. The hard-built ship was destroyed by the Shadow Hand.
Can you add a design that prioritizes stealing flames?
The shadow hand now prioritizes operations near it.
Why is it so unfriendly to the devastated old ship?
My English is not very good, hope you can understand?
In the game version I thought, are there more marine buildings, such as lighthouses?

在冬天的漫长黑夜里,海上暗影手一次又一次的袭击我的船,我可怜的小船被它击沉。最关键的是当我离开船上岸时,海上暗影手可能正在摧毁我的船!它擅长掀开船的补丁!每一次都扣除50的耐久,旧船抵挡不了它的破坏。为什么角色上岸后船上还会来暗影手?稍不注意我的船就被破坏了。辛苦建造的船只就被暗影手破坏。
能否增加一个优先偷取火焰的设计?
现在的暗影手是优先它附近的操作。
为什么对满目疮痍的旧船那么不友好?
我英语不是很好,希望你们能看懂?
以为的游戏版本中,有没有更多海上的建筑,比如灯塔这类

Wǒ kělián de chuán
我可怜的船
5/5000

My poor boat 

QQ图片20200530111657.png

QQ图片20200719235115.png

Due to the shipwreck problem, I went back to the file time and time again, and I deeply felt the shadow hand’s malice against the old ship. 

由于沉船的问题,我回档了一次又一次,深深的感受到了暗影手对旧船的恶意

I agree - it is far too destructive.  I've been enjoying building boat-bases and sailing full time, but with this new creature I'm not investing in boats at all.  As fun as sailing has been, boat are just too expensive for how ridiculously easy it is for them to get destroyed now.

I don’t think boat bases were ever intended to be permanent investments, I think that’s where the problem comes in.. Klei designed a thing that most defiantly was put into the game to destroy “Boat Bridges”

I strongly feel like Wavey Jones seems to be Klei’s version of Ark Survival Evolveds Leedsichthys Dinosaur.

(Aka a super aggressive Mob that’s ONLY design is intended to DESTROY Water Craft.)

To be Honest Klei probably has some Un-released future content plans for things like “Boat Docking Stations” That when a Boat is parked HERE Wavey Jones won’t spawn to destroy your raft...

But as Far as placing boat kit bridges all the way out to Lunar.. Wavey is going to wreck that... Hard.

2B9D0DA2-5691-4289-B417-55655463578F.png

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t think boat bases were ever intended to be permanent investments, I think that’s where the problem comes in.. Klei designed a thing that most defiantly was put into the game to destroy “Boat Bridges”

I strongly feel like Wavey Jones seems to be Klei’s version of Ark Survival Evolveds Leedsichthys Dinosaur.

(Aka a super aggressive Mob that’s ONLY design is intended to DESTROY Water Craft.)

To be Honest Klei probably has some Un-released future content plans for things like “Boat Docking Stations” That when a Boat is parked HERE Wavey Jones won’t spawn to destroy your raft...

But as Far as placing boat kit bridges all the way out to Lunar.. Wavey is going to wreck that... Hard.

I haven't really played much recently, but doesn't he only take boat patches out so a boat bridge would be unaffected?

Yeah it would be just neat that our lil friend despawn when the boat have no player on it, since it's supposed to be a threat when you're navigating or passing a night in the water, not when you're using boats as platform bridges or whatsoever. I hope this will be considerated for a future patch or August QoL update at least.

Makes sanity a threat now, doesn't it? Stay topped off, folks.

Anyhow you're mostly fine if you've not got any boat patches, you're just needing to worry about him steering you off course.

I think the only real issue is the DAMAGE he does additional to popping off your patches, not only does he revert the patch and cause the damage drain to return he also outright does a lot of damage to the boat, about 2 and you're a goner.
I feel this much can be changed, if it didn't hurt the boat but simply removed the patched I'd be absolutely okay with it, putting out the lights and dropping the anchor isn't the end of the world for me.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But as Far as placing boat kit bridges all the way out to Lunar.. Wavey is going to wreck that... Har

Boat bridges are going to be almost completely unscathed by it.  At worst they have an anchor that can be lifted, but unless something moves it they're still just gonna sit there.  They're fine.  Its the actual investment boats that you're going to be sailing on long enough to patch up, and lose sanity on the ocean that are at risk.  If this was their answer to boat bridges they completely missed the mark lol but I don't think that was the case.  I think this was their idea to make sanity a problem on the seas.  But Wavey Jones is no analogue to the shadow hands that steal your camp fire.  This is as if the shadow hands also just auto-destroyed your base structures if you aren't 100% vigilant non stop which, as I said, makes me just quit sailing.  Ironically this will encourage me to build more boat bridges and just never sail again... :\ 

6 hours ago, KeshS said:

Alchemy furnace, flingo rod, lazycaps. Seems legit.

Don't forget the ocupot XD

I made a poll since beta to see people opinions about the matter, the most common reason why they don't want to change Wavey Jones because the concept is cool, which is an irony because the best way to deals with Wavey Jones is either just top off your sanity above 75% or go by a naked boat with just paddles and never spawn it in the first place.

I would recommend you to several methods we are currently using to travel in the ocean: place a sisturn on your boat for everyone then get flower petals every 6 days, or bring taffy and spam cook sanity food such as surf and turf.

Wavey Jones appears to be unfinished, it spawns even when player is on land, on top of structures therefore can not be step over to despawns and in light out world, it just seem to be not even exist ( would be huge trouble since he only despawns when the day comes).

Thank you for your reply, let me understand why the Shadow Hand came to me. The Shadow Hand has no effect on "using a boat as a bridge". But very bad for old ships with patches

The leaping waves of whales will push the boat away and cause a collision, and the thunder in the spring will also ignite the boat. Need anchor and lightning rod

Why not introduce the Locker, which would make Wavy Jones not appear. it would be a locker because of that saying about Davy Jones's Locker, but this would be Wavy Jones's Locker, and it would protecc a whole screen, but it would have limited uses.

7 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Why not introduce the Locker, which would make Wavy Jones not appear. it would be a locker because of that saying about Davy Jones's Locker, but this would be Wavy Jones's Locker, and it would protecc a whole screen, but it would have limited uses.

Like a boat docking station that allows it to be docked and Wavey won’t destroy boats that are parked on the dock? 

Lots of people wanted a boat docking station- so why not, this would allow people who aren’t actively boating a Safe Haven from Waveys antic’s and more importantly Klei wouldn’t have to make Wavey itself any easier to deal with when you actually ARE boating and can defend it.

those hands are going to make your boat life a hell lot of tougher if it gets mixed with other events. It's not like night hand which can be handled just using light. yesterday my first game after update gone wrong for Wavey Jones:wilson_worried:. I was expecting him but not when I have a lot of treasure capsules in my boat + from no where hound attack and I am surrounded by sea stack. Wavey Jones opened my boat patches and lifted the anchor and my boat almost destroyed by seat stacks.

Wavey Jones OP pls nerf

If your boat is too much crowded and you can't reach some points of the edge of the boat due to that reason(which means you cannot shoo Wavey Jones sometimes because blocked by structures), you may need to keep your sanity well, otherwise your boat will be destroyed in a few seconds.

If Wavey Jones proves to be objectively hard to handle in current iteration by vast majority of bulk player-base (and from what I've seen in various pubs I tend to believe this being the case), KLei could decide to spread Wavey's detrimental actions on different player Sanity levels as shown below:

· at 75% Sanity mark Wavey spawns and begins to try and take fires (including light from Deck Illuminator);

· at 50% Sanity mark Wavey starts to twiddle with Masts and Anchors;

· at 25% Sanity mark Wavey starts detaching patched/tapped boat holes.

5 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If Wavey Jones proves to be objectively hard to handle in current iteration by bulk player-base (and from what I've seen in various pubs I tend to believe this being the case), KLei could decide to spread Wavey's detrimental actions on different player Sanity levels as shown below:

· at 75% Sanity mark Wavey spawns and begins to try and take fires (including light from Deck Illuminator);

This sounds a lot more reasonable.

14 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If Wavey Jones proves to be objectively hard to handle in current iteration by bulk player-base (and from what I've seen in various pubs I tend to believe this being the case), KLei could decide to spread Wavey's detrimental actions on different player Sanity levels as shown below:

· at 0% Sanity mark Wavey starts spawning behind structures where it can't be scared away because there's a structure in the way.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

· at 0% Sanity mark Wavey starts spawning behind structures where it can't be scared away because there's a structure in the way.

At first glance I've read that as "Wavey spawns behind you and scares you into jumping off the boat" :lol:

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one having that constantly happen

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If Wavey Jones proves to be objectively hard to handle in current iteration by vast majority of bulk player-base (and from what I've seen in various pubs I tend to believe this being the case), KLei could decide to spread Wavey's detrimental actions on different player Sanity levels as shown below:

How about - Wavey doesn't cause irreparable harm for such a trivial thing as low sanity.  How many base structures are at risk for shadow hands, or terror beaks?  NONE.  How many structures are at risk for even a few minutes of insanity on a boat?  All of them.  Most serious boats have over a dozen structures on them.  This isn't even just about the boat patches.  If he lowers a sail when you're not on that boat, that boat may very well be a total loss.  Think about it, Wavey's destructive potential is on par with Bearger and Deerclops.  This isn't "like the shadow hands" who only come when you light a fire, and only take that fire.

Before this patch the risk / reward of sailing was fairly low.  With this patch the risk went up crazy high, and there is no reward that justifies it.

We needed things that helped with boats.  We needed spyglass, pirate hat, upgraded steering and anchors, access to better weapons and armor at sea, and what we got was more "haha ur boat ded" bs.

Boats are quickly going the way of Beefalo.  High investment, risk of absolute loss, niche advantages at best, and honestly - just why bother doing it?  Compare this to the caves which give you an honest shot at doing something dangerous and fun, and rewards you well for your success.

I just don’t want them to take something that’s meant to be a serious new threat and nerf that to the point of Only stealing campfire shadow hands. 

I believe that the best solution is that Wavey doesn’t attack a boat that is “parked” in a properly built docking area, but receives absolutely no adjustments to his destructive powers when your out sailing.

People keep crying why would I sail at all if Wavey makes it such a danger if the content you get from sailing is mostly not worth the risk of destroying my boat? 

I feel like Klei has big plans for future content that will have us sailing to new areas, and not just On Sea stuff, I think that NOW that we actually have a sailable Sea that any future content updates will utilize upon that with additional land & sea biomes.

We may even possibly be looking at themed islands.. currently we only have Lunar, Pearls island and the dried up beach areas with dead prehistoric fish bones on them, but... what would happen if we got brand new “Biome Clusters” that had their own unique theme and mobs?

people don’t like the idea when you say “Islands” but what they don’t understand is how big an “Island” can actually be... they Dont ALWAYS have to be these small areas of land with limited movement.

An “Island” could technically be any body of land fully surrounded by a body of water.. So for example- if you made it out on Lunar Island, then the main area you came from would be considered to also be a “much bigger” Island.

And that’s the way I see Klei’s updates going from now on.. we could see Islands added out there that are as big as & have just as many biomes on it as the “mainland” 
Island does NOT mean tiny strip of boring uninteresting land.

It is obvious that Klei wants us to spend a lot of time sailing- And if they plan to do HUGE updates like the above mentioned “lslands” then Wavey Jones’s current level of destructiveness would obviously be a very much warranted thing to exist.

Archived