Sea shadow hand unfriendly海上黑手太不友好了

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I just don’t want them to take something that’s meant to be a serious new threat and nerf that to the point of Only stealing campfire shadow hands.

at the same time it comes off as klei actively and maliciously stomping on people who dare to use boats. there needs to be some compromise at least. as it stands anyone can just run by a boat at random and that boat and much of the stuff on it is irreparably trashed with no recourse outside of starting over from scratch. who in their right mind would ever leave their boat if there was a stupid high chance they would be binning it b doing so? exactly who benefits from that?

it is clear that wavey has two big issues in that he is way too fast and he is way too vicious when noone is there. give at least a solid second or two between each thing he does to damage something and don't have him thrash unmanned boats. that wouldn't nerf him sine he does the same amount of damage it would just make it a fair fight since you would have time to prepare and respond

Idk if it's just a perk of Winona or not since I only sailed as her on the new update but I was repairing my boat leaks with tape and when the hand pulled the tape off no damage was done to the boat and the tape that was pulled off could be reused to patch the leak right back up again. 

Wait WHAT?!!  I legit didn't even know this was a thing!  I've hardly done any sailing, and now that there's somewhat more to sail _to_...I CAN'T?!  That is so stupid!  I thought shadow sea creatures would "only" attack _you_, like in Shipwrecked!  And as for destroying boat bridges...GOD DAMMIT.  This game has needed bridges _forever_ and now that we have even a stupid dumb-looking workaround, we can't even have THAT?

Somebody PLEASE get on at least making a mod where you can make permanent, expensive wood-and-stone actual bridges.  We've needed that since the beta of original DS in 2012.  Please...?

I usually keep on top of sanity in general but now knowing that even slipping a LITTLE could be that freaking destructive...it's like there's a possible Deerclops in every wave!  :(  And I KNOW from seafaring-destructive.  I've played as original-flavour Willow in Shipwrecked where she can burn down her own boat WHILE STANDING ON IT, and literally commit-drown upon herself.  I should get a screenshot next time that happens...

But I'd say THIS is even _worse_, since it affects every character (Winona somewhat less, apparently).

And I'll be damned if the S.S. "Blaze of Glory" 

boatname.png.c4d72829e1f8fa41dc4baef8f151b321.png

Spoiler

It's a really simple boat compared to most others here, but that's mainly because even with the Geometric Placement mod on, I STILL can't seem to fit many things on it.  At the time I was hella annoyed that apparently I was doing it wrong and had no feedback as to exactly _what_ was messing up, but now...now I'm thinking minimalist is the way to go.  At least I'll lose less time and resources!

goes down in ANYTHING but exactly that.  I mean, as a Willow main, I _do_ have my standards.

...Notorious

I personally haven’t had any problems with Wavey Jones on Xbox One.. when it shows up it will pop up on any corner of your boat and twinkle it’s fingers for a few seconds as if to say “Te-He I am Up to no good” and THEN the hands will move about on your boat messing with things.

If your panicking and trying to retract the hands like it’s a campfire stealing shadow hand please stop.. you only need to stand on his head to get him to despawn, of course this will only be a problem for people who clutter their ships with so much junk they can’t move around on its surface.. Wavey will continue to Respawn elsewhere on an edge of your ship & attack your boat until you bring your Sanity back up.

I strongly feel like he could use a small tweak to like NOT attack your boats if your not actually standing on them.. (or better yet if they aren’t parked in a parking dock) but other than that I don’t have any seriously “extreme” issues with Wavey I think there could be a “slight” issue with people exploiting him for easy boat destruction grieving.... But honestly if someone wants to destroy your boat they’ll do it anyway with or Without Waveys help.

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a really simple boat compared to most others here, but that's mainly because even with the Geometric Placement mod on, I STILL can't seem to fit many things on it.  At the time I was hella annoyed that apparently I was doing it wrong and had no feedback as to exactly _what_ was messing up, but now...now I'm thinking minimalist is the way to go.  At least I'll lose less time and resources!

There was a guide about boat building that helped me out a lot.  Basically it goes like this:  Place sails first because you can literally build any other structure directly on top of it.  Just make sure its at the edge of the structure you build over it so that you can still reach the sail.  After that you get 7 slots to build "big" things.  The dead center, and then 6 corners around the boat.  After this you can fill with lesser structures like chests, ice boxes, ect who use a reduced collision box.

1 hour ago, wc273095385 said:

and I only use Maxwell when I go out.

If you get a tam o shanter and wear it, you will get a lot of sanity without changing youre charecter. 

Having a tent on the boat is very important now. Sleeping just enough to stop wavy jones from spawning is the way to go. 

12 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wait WHAT?!!  I legit didn't even know this was a thing!  I've hardly done any sailing, and now that there's somewhat more to sail _to_...I CAN'T?!  That is so stupid!  I thought shadow sea creatures would "only" attack _you_, like in Shipwrecked!  And as for destroying boat bridges...GOD DAMMIT.  This game has needed bridges _forever_ and now that we have even a stupid dumb-looking workaround, we can't even have THAT?

Somebody PLEASE get on at least making a mod where you can make permanent, expensive wood-and-stone actual bridges.  We've needed that since the beta of original DS in 2012.  Please...?

I usually keep on top of sanity in general but now knowing that even slipping a LITTLE could be that freaking destructive...it's like there's a possible Deerclops in every wave!  :(  And I KNOW from seafaring-destructive.  I've played as original-flavour Willow in Shipwrecked where she can burn down her own boat WHILE STANDING ON IT, and literally commit-drown upon herself.  I should get a screenshot next time that happens...

But I'd say THIS is even _worse_, since it affects every character (Winona somewhat less, apparently).

And I'll be damned if the S.S. "Blaze of Glory" 

boatname.png.c4d72829e1f8fa41dc4baef8f151b321.png

Reveal hidden contents

goes down in ANYTHING but exactly that.  I mean, as a Willow main, I _do_ have my standards.

...Notorious

wavey jones doesnt target boat bridges

Archived