Wurt can't eat leafy meat related recipes?

51 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I'm pretty sure anything with a long eating animation is considered no good for Wurt, i.e: the one where they hunch over and chew

you would be correct on that, if the food item the player is eating is a meat item, then they do the long eating animation.

It would be neat to see leafy meat and its associated recipes (that don't use other meat of course) become a totally neutral food that both Wigfrid AND Wurt could eat. But it IS leafy meat. Not meaty leaf. So probably not

I think Wurt should eat leafy meat and heres why. It's a product made by a plant that has meat like qualities but made out of plant fiber and nutrients. Lureplants produce leafy meat to attract meat eating animals, When the lureplant succeeds, it will replace the leafy meat with real meat. Meaning that leafy meat is not as effective than using real meat. The lureplant produces leafy meat on its own, meaning it doesn't use any meat products to make it.

The only thing that kinda makes me sad is crockpot recipes and food sources keep increasing massively for everyone but wurt despite the continued focus on the sea I really want wurt to have a reason to go out to sea aside from a lunar rush and seasonal fish.

I mainly feel this way because Wurt is the only character who has to go to sea for a perk.

dog I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't eat something called meaty leaves. Leafy meat name however is a lot like veggie burger or vegan meat. Fake meat in real life is also called things like beyond meat, plant meat. None of which are meat.

I consider it more of a sub-class of meat truthfully for a couple reasons:

1. There is no way to acquire leafy meat without it coming from a living creature. Even if the creature itself is a plant, the meat is still taken from its anatomy in some way (often times you need to kill the creature to get the meat with the exception of bulbs). Therefore, Leafy Meat requires hunting whereas normal vegetables require farming.
  2.  There is never a point where you could "grow" the meat like a vegetable, instead you must harvest it. Leafy Meat seems to be a solution to plant-based mob drops instead of either normal meat or monster meat, so it would only be natural that a vegetarian would not want to eat something you have to kill another creature to obtain.

Flora produce is fruit/vegetables/nuts etc, and fauna produce is either meat or an animal product such as milk.

Lureplants are most likely flora because: 1) they cannot locomote 2) they produce Leafy Meat at seemingly no cost to them (most likely photosynthesis) and do not rely on flora to survive, as fauna do (either directly or indirectly)

This means that Lureplants' produce (Leafy Meat) is not meat, nor an animal product, but is instead a vegetable or fruit.

The existence of Leafy Meat is likely a joke judging by it's clear status as a vegetable which is contrasted by the survivors calling it meat, it's treatment as a meat mechanically, and also Klei's sense of humour.

3 hours ago, Bird Up said:

dog I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't eat something called meaty leaves. Leafy meat name however is a lot like veggie burger or vegan meat. Fake meat in real life is also called things like beyond meat, plant meat. None of which are meat.

Vegans eating leafy meat is hipocresy. Poor grass gekkos

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Vegans eating leafy meat is hipocresy. Poor grass gekkos

Shhhhhh.. The constant doesnt care about the well being of anyones choices, yes you may be vegan but you cant fully excape the guilt of killing something unlike in real life. Its the constants way of saying that everyone will suffer equally.

3 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Shhhhhh.. The constant doesnt care about the well being of anyones choices, yes you may be vegan but you cant fully excape the guilt of killing something unlike in real life. Its the constants way of saying that everyone will suffer equally.

let the bunnymen judge xD

5 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Therefore, Leafy Meat requires hunting whereas normal vegetables require farming.

5 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

so it would only be natural that a vegetarian would not want to eat something you have to kill another creature to obtain.

Meanwhile.... 

Butterflies: Exist

Wigfrid: "This is no warriors food!"

Wurt: "*Munching noises*"

Edit: this isn't meant to be a point against you btw it's just me poking fun at the game

16 minutes ago, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

She’s definitely not vegan because she’ll kill and eat butterflies. I really think this should be reconsidered. 

Butterflies are literally flying flowers however, Maxwells quote confirms this.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Butterflies are literally flying flowers however, Maxwells quote confirms this.

Yeah that makes it kind of a gray area but it’s still like a living creature, which I think a vegan would just straight up avoid. So being a vegetarian you’d think Wurt would be ok with leafy meat being like the closest thing to going past her line. Idk I think I just really want her to have more reasons to use a crockpot lol.

Yeah but then you have some of the character quotes confirming that certain Leafy Meat recipes contain no Meat- Such as Wilson referring to it as a Vegetarian burger.

Meatless burgers do exist.. So Wurt should have SOME leafy dishes she can eat (as long as they don’t contain actual meats)

Leafy meat should either be a vegetable or count as both, not because of biological classification but because of balancing issues. There’s only 3 truly limiting food-based downsides in the games, those being Warly’s crockpot food, Wigfrid’s meat, and Wurt’s vegetables. Warly has no issue when it comes to the question of leafy meat since he can eat it regardless of how it’s classified.

As of now, Wurt’s crockpot variety is SEVERELY lacking, meanwhile Wigfrid has no problem because a lot of the best and easiest dishes in the game are meat-based (meatballs, honey hams, peirogi, etc). These new leafy dishes could open up a lot more variability to Wurt’s play style that I feel has been missing.

Archived