Sins of Tencent

I still can't believe what Klei done. An agreement with Tencent is like a pact with the devil. This company is powerfull tool in chinese goverment's hands (just as e.g. Huawei). 23% of their emploees are active members of Communist Party of China, 60% of whom are employed in managerial positions., so we can be sure that evveryone who install new home on telephone will be spied by friends from china.

Other problem is Tescent want to control more and more market of video-entertainment and everythink what is inconvenient for china may be hushed. @Golden Pooch already mentioned e.g. Blitzchung incident (Tencent has ownership in Blizzard) but there are much more examples. Tencent is a vile bastard of chinese propaganda.

It's sad to say but Klei treated Don't Starve like sh*t.

and you are forgeting sesamo credit just because some games are made to make people adicted like all the industry of every product does so let burn everything not just tencent or just dont talk about it and less in a dst forum

what a drama for a game, klei didnt seel dont starve, just let a company put the name for a game inspired in a game popular in china

Both the United States Government and the Chinese Government are actively spying and spreading propaganda intentionally. This is obviously the case. However, Tencent's "connection to the Chinese government" is largely based on unfounded claims. China is a State Capitalist country, not a communist country. What this means is that businesses, while technically private, are heavily monitored by the government. Tencent is not unique in this aspect."23% of their emploees are active members of Communist Party of China" is potentially misleading. I would like to see your source on this. China doesn't use the "democratic" system the USA uses, so most people are "members of the CCP" because that is the only primary "political group" that is available to join. I want to see your source on this to see if this means those people are members of the party with some amount of power, rather than just people who support a political group. 

Yes, China does use propaganda to keep themselves seen in the positive light by their citizens.

So does the USA, and every other major imperialist country.

Tencent themselves are not a  "threat to the industry" or anything of the sort. 

This game is probably going to suck nuts, because it's a ftp mobile game. I don't like ftp mobile games. But this isn't the end of the world, and Klei didn't betray their fans.

If it makes you feel better, at least they put some of the Tencent money they probably received into their 1 million donation to BLM, so at least that's a little comforting, right?

Only thing I know about them is that they made monster hunter online, an inferior version of monster hunter world.

Edit: Although technically it was made with Capcoms approval in response to Joychina creating hunter blade, a game trying to ride off on the success of monster hunter frontier, another one of Capcoms (Currently dead ;-;) babys

20 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Looks like the pokemon Volcarona 

Back when I played Pokémon games there was only a total of 150 of them... and I could name them all in order.

They make a new Pokémon every day now.. so excuse me for not knowing who the heck that is.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Back when I played Pokémon games there was only a total of 150 of them... and I could name them all in order.

They make a new Pokémon every day now.. so excuse me for not knowing who the heck that is.

Well google exists :P

Here it is sir:

volcarona.jpg

1 hour ago, TheHollowKnight said:

THIS looks good.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 1.22.08 PM.png

OMG!!!  Playing the Hamlet DLC and the following spoiler for said Hamlet DLC 

Spoiler

How seemingly cute Harmless creatures transform into horrible abominations that want you DEAD.. 

This guy looks like he would fit right on in as something that Transforms for example the games Harmless Butterflies or Lunar Moths into this more scary looking one that probably spits acid or something. 

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I played back then as well, don't play much anymore but like to keep up on the series 

5 hours ago, BreadScientist said:

Both the United States Government and the Chinese Government are actively spying and spreading propaganda intentionally. This is obviously the case. However, Tencent's "connection to the Chinese government" is largely based on unfounded claims. China is a State Capitalist country, not a communist country. What this means is that businesses, while technically private, are heavily monitored by the government. Tencent is not unique in this aspect."23% of their emploees are active members of Communist Party of China" is potentially misleading. I would like to see your source on this. China doesn't use the "democratic" system the USA uses, so most people are "members of the CCP" because that is the only primary "political group" that is available to join. I want to see your source on this to see if this means those people are members of the party with some amount of power, rather than just people who support a political group. 

Yes, China does use propaganda to keep themselves seen in the positive light by their citizens.

So does the USA, and every other major imperialist country.

Tencent themselves are not a  "threat to the industry" or anything of the sort. 

This game is probably going to suck nuts, because it's a ftp mobile game. I don't like ftp mobile games. But this isn't the end of the world, and Klei didn't betray their fans.

If it makes you feel better, at least they put some of the Tencent money they probably received into their 1 million donation to BLM, so at least that's a little comforting, right?

Very persuasive and neutral response,Community players with such a clear understanding deserve respect.Some people who look at things like using double standards will never understand this. btw I hate Tencent very much, but I will not lose the ability to think normally because I scold Tencent

Sir Thank you for sharing.

I don't like Tencent either but I was under the impression that it was a heck of a lot harder to get a game distributed in China without working with Tencent. Which Klei's been doing for years since DST is available through Tencent there; originally the Roseate skins were exclusive to it and GoH was exclusive to Steam, if I was informed correctly. As far as I'm aware Tencent doesn't own any stake in Klei or Don't Starve itself, they're just allowed to sell copies of it and now also make a spinoff game.

23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It's really sad you didn't get to enjoy the better games. Really recommend the 4th and 5th generations if you wanna get back into it.

Archived