Sins of Tencent

19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

This anger happened before with Griftlands when Tencent/Epic got first dibs on the game.

Epic?? The guys who make Gears of War? I don’t know who or what Tencent is but for dang sure know Epic.

I'm not a fan of these massive multibillion dollar corporations with a stranglehold on certain aspects of culture and life in general. I go out of my way to not ever buy from amazon and other rapacious companies. I don't like the decision. Klei, I'm sure, saw it as an investment in their own business.

As for the communist scare nonsense in original post, the communist party is their only predominant party. Of course there are going to be party members in this china based company... breadscientist is also right that China is a state capitalist country. I find state capitalism awful, but saying things are communist like that's an argument alone to not support something is not unlike the propaganda you go on to criticize.

10 hours ago, Bird Up said:

I'm not a fan of these massive multibillion dollar corporations with a stranglehold on certain aspects of culture and life in general. I go out of my way to not ever buy from amazon and other rapacious companies. I don't like the decision. Klei, I'm sure, saw it as an investment in their own business.

As for the communist scare nonsense in original post, the communist party is their only predominant party. Of course there are going to be party members in this china based company... breadscientist is also right that China is a state capitalist country. I find state capitalism awful, but saying things are communist like that's an argument alone to not support something is not unlike the propaganda you go on to criticize.

I agree with you almost entirely! Very well said.

I think its  a smart move for Klei,Chinese market is a delicious cake,and Tencent has control the social network of China,so it makes much more easy to enlarge the market of the DS:NH,that's a really good chance for Klei.

Archived