Klei making bad changes to bosses

I liked Dragonfly for a while, but recently there has been an update (it is not clear if it is a bug or not) that made it so that she can literally spam lavaes forever. Instead of enraging, there is the potential of her returning to her lavaes every single time they are all dead. How is this a good change?! The only thing this does is: make it so that more players will cheese her with walls. And even if you use walls, the fight is gonna be longer and very boring, since you will just pass half the time watching her spawn lavaes. Can someone give me one reason this would be a good change?

I am not gonna talk about the fact that you cannot disable the see content for less lag (which causes hitbox problems in boss battles), since people will tell me to get a better computer and a better internet connection even tho both are at least ok.

Also, this is not the first time Klei made bad changes to bosses. The Fuelwever, for example, also had a trash change made to him. You used to be able to use a glitch that made it so that the bone cage would not trap you if you went near the edge. This glitch was one of the rare bugs in this game that was good, since it promoted skill and good positioning. Then, Klei patched it. The only thing this change did was: remove the more challenging option of doing the fight with no lazy explorer and forcing the player to grind more, which made the fight more tanky. Meanwhile, the Anciant Guardian, which can be blocked and stunlocked forever, as not seen this bug being fixed. Congrats Klei, you patch bugs which add skill but you let pure cheese starts work without doing anything. 

Also, if Klei does not change bosses so that they become trash, it is because they are already bad base kit. The Crab King has the potential of taking hours to find. Most boring crap ever. And then he gives you useless loot. You also need to cheese him with bees, which is boring, unless you wanna waste tons of gear. Even with the ice staff, it is still an expensive fight. Anyways, this is not the topic of this post, so lets move on.

Finally, we have the Bee Queen honey change. She used to spawn no honey on the ground and she could be kited. Now she does and you are forced to tank her. no more kiting, just brain dead tanking. Like how is it a good choice to remove the option to kite? Removing the option to use skill is good apparently? If you look at other bosses from well designed games, you can always dodge their attacks, depending on your skill level. "Yea but you just have to move around her to avoid the honey and kite, assuming you have a 30000000% speed boost". Ok, well lets apply your logic, but for another situation. "A student got 100% in a test. This means everyone that did not get 100% in this test is a noob that should get better". Just because someone is a DST god does not mean that we can listen to them only. So kiting her is not realistic.

In conclusion, I am done with DST, to many dumbly designed bosses, tons of annoying bugs that can last for years, way to many bad changes, etc, etc. Time for me to switch to another game. I will still answer to the first 3 comments from that will be posted as a reply. After that, it is not worth bothering yourself, since I have better things to do than argue with random internet people and will ignore your comment.

Ow... you again... Well, remember this game's raid bosses may have been given tweaks/nerfs because it's a multiplayer game, and you should try to kill them with more people instead doing it solo, that's why certain "bugs" like avoiding the fuelweaver's cage were patched. 

Spoiler

As for the dragonfly, that has never occurred and I've never seen it occur, I killed her yesterday blocking the lavae with walls, and the bee queen... where did you get that one from? If I remember right she always had the honey trail.

2 hours ago, chenais said:

I liked Dragonfly for a while, but recently there has been an update (it is not clear if it is a bug or not) that made it so that she can literally spam lavaes forever. Instead of enraging, there is the potential of her returning to her lavaes every single time they are all dead. How is this a good change?!

If this did happen, it was a fluke, not an update.

The only thing this does is: make it so that more players will cheese her with walls. And even if you use walls, the fight is gonna be longer and very boring, since you will just pass half the time watching her spawn lavaes. Can someone give me one reason this would be a good change?

You used to be able to use a glitch that made it so that the bone cage would not trap you if you went near the edge. This glitch was one of the rare bugs in this game that was good, since it promoted skill and good positioning.

mmmmm.....one mans cheese is another mans valid tactic. While this piece alone could fill pages and pages of its own thread, i'll just skip to the end and say you invalidated both of your points here.

Also, this is not the first time Klei made bad changes to bosses. The Fuelwever, for example, also had a trash change made to him.

------------------

Then, Klei patched it. The only thing this change did was: remove the more challenging option of doing the fight with no lazy explorer and forcing the player to grind more, which made the fight more tanky. Meanwhile, the Anciant Guardian, which can be blocked and stunlocked forever, as not seen this bug being fixed. Congrats Klei, you patch bugs which add skill but you let pure cheese starts work without doing anything. 

From what i've understood this change happened when coastlines were changed to accommodate the new sea fairing mechanics. It was not done on purpose.

The rest of this, you've invalidated. A few times over at that.

Also, if Klei does not change bosses so that they become trash, it is because they are already bad base kit. The Crab King has the potential of taking hours to find. Most boring crap ever. And then he gives you useless loot. You also need to cheese him with bees, which is boring, unless you wanna waste tons of gear. Even with the ice staff, it is still an expensive fight. Anyways, this is not the topic of this post, so lets move on.

Then don't fight CK?

I can sympathize with sub par loot but that's about it.

Although if you look at the case of the Malbatross you can say that theoretically over time as sea content is added the value of her loot (which was not viewed favorably originally) will rise.

The same could be true for CK, it is hard to say at this point.

Finally, we have the Bee Queen honey change. She used to spawn no honey on the ground 

I'm like 1000% sure this is completely incorrect.

Removing the option to use skill is good apparently?

You used to be able to use a glitch that made it so that the bone cage would not trap you if you went near the edge.

She used to spawn no honey on the ground and she could be kited. Now she does and you are forced to tank her.

If you look at other bosses from well designed games, you can always dodge their attacks, depending on your skill level. 

You said it, not me.

So kiting her is not realistic.

Then don't?

In conclusion, I am done with DST, to many dumbly designed bosses, tons of annoying bugs that can last for years, way to many bad changes, etc, etc. Time for me to switch to another game. I will still answer to the first 3 comments from that will be posted as a reply. After that, it is not worth bothering yourself, since I have better things to do than argue with random internet people and will ignore your comment.

I spent a LOT of time on the Dust514 and EVE forums. Most people probably won't understand what that means, but i'll just say DST has a great community here that is always willing and able to help each other, and totally not absolutely devastate you for this part of the post and ask if they can have your stuff.

Anyway, hopefully you do return at some point. I understand getting frustrated with a game, its always good to take some time away to cool off. Best of luck to you!

I don’t understand what I’ve read- but I can speak with absolute confidence in saying that any challenge in this game can be solved if you bring enough gunpowder charges, that’s it you don’t NEED anything else (maybe a panflute) other than that Michael Bay EXPLOSIONS will solve literally every problem you can have.

I don’t really understand everyone’s major obsession over bosses or the loot the bosses drop that grant them items that better help them to stay alive.

I HATED Call of Duty- it was a game franchise that made absolutely no sense at all to me, you kill enough people your rewarded with a thing “Killstreak” that helps you to kill more people? Uhhhh okay then.

I don’t play DST to go slap around Dragonfly for its loot, I’ve NEVER killed the Dragonfly, and more importantly it doesn’t appear that NOT having her loot drops hinders my game experience in any way.

I would completely understand your frustration with bosses if whatever they dropped was VITAL to your success, like for example if a harsh extreme blizzard demanded the use of the vest made from Bearger.

but in its current form- DST is NOT like that, I do not actually NEED a Malbatross sail, or a Bee Queen crown, or a scaled Furnace, or Beargers vest- Hell honestly? You don’t even NEED Deerclops drops for the Eyebrella.

But Disclaimer: I play some pretty brutally hardcore survival simulators, and any item that you can obtain from a boss fight that makes that survival significantly easier is something I tend to want to avoid.

I actually LIKE Having the Antlion craters smashing up my world, and until someone explained that I can get rid of them by fighting some boss.... I just naturally assumed those craters were a SURVIVAL feature tied to the Summer weather season where the ground was getting so hot beneath you that it was literally collapsing down in on itself.

*shrugs* You can’t expect everyone to want to play an open world sandbox game identical to the way that you play it.. but even if I don’t understand the fascination with Bosses & loot drops from bosses that make staying alive easier (but you can still live just fine without) Doesn’t mean that I’m going to complain about it.

At the MOST, I wish Klei would put more focus into making the four game seasons themselves more challenging, maybe even add in a few additional weather seasons.

The TL:DR- Less Call of Duty Killstreak Rewards that makes doing something else easier, and more Wilderness Survival challenges to overcome.

4 hours ago, chenais said:

Finally, we have the Bee Queen honey change. She used to spawn no honey on the ground and she could be kited. Now she does and you are forced to tank her. no more kiting, just brain dead tanking. Like how is it a good choice to remove the option to kite? Removing the option to use skill is good apparently? If you look at other bosses from well designed games, you can always dodge their attacks, depending on your skill level.

Bee queen is a skill fight. You need to take care of her bees if you want to deal damage to her and guess what you can kite them. And the fact that you cant kite her makes it so that you change youre way of fighting if you want to win. 

As for the Dragonfly i have never seen such thing before. 

Crabking is not Finished yet in terms of loot so dont fight it. 

Goodbye then. 

Archived