Community Orchestra: Shell Bell Edition

Hi and welcome to the shell bell orchestra!

After seeing @Rhovious Aran shell bell cover of the Super Mario Bros theme song, I was gladly suprise. There is alot of potential in those little instrument.

This thread is primarly for people to post there shell bells music creation, covers or even do request! Try to not spam request though ^^.

Anyone can post on here and just show their creativity :3. For my part, i'll try to do a cover per week for as long as i have the sanity to do so!

I'll also do some "polls" in this very thread for people to vote on which song they would like to hear next.

On this, please enjoy my very first cover that i manage to accomplish with the huge help of @reichull. We present to you: Delfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine by Koji Kondo

Two final notes, the next cover that i will attempt to do will be one from Undertale! Spider lovers unite!!! Also to respect the original creators of those song, try giving them credits or linking the original video!

Hope you'll find a song to your liking on this thread and have a good day :)

**The spoiler below will be updated with the title of the songs that are covered in this thread as they get added. You won't have to search an eternity for the songs you might want**

So I spawned in some shellbells and it seems there are 3 types, soprano, alto, and baritone, yet they seem to have the same 12 notes just a different feel to them, is that correct?  Is there a scale I can reference?

5 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

So I spawned in some shellbells and it seems there are 3 types, soprano, alto, and baritone, yet they seem to have the same 12 notes just a different feel to them, is that correct?  Is there a scale I can reference?

Yes, they are trying to represent different instrument types and so the 3 types are trying to go for a different type for the same note. The simplest way to explain it is that its like asking a flute, tuba, and guitar to play the same note, they would be playing the same note just on with a different way of giving that sound and those differences is what makes the music. Here us a scale for you as well (For best results, examine the bell with wigfrid as she will tell you what note the bell is attuned to): 

1_ik3GDdPehts4CGsoBkBI6w.png

13 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

This thread is primarly for people to post there shell bells music creation, covers or even do request! Try to not spam request though ^^.

Request Star Wars - The Imperial March. I need some pep song when going to Toadstool :chunky:

We all know someone will do it sooner or later

8 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

examine the bell with wigfrid as she will tell you what note the bell is attuned to

A bit offtopic but this reveals that Wigfrid is a musician, besides an actress, probably related to the ring of the libelung kinda operas she was part of. The fact that she has an awful voice may have been why she was fooled by Maxwell: she was promised a better singer voice.

Back on topic this is awesome, I hope they eventually do a chrono trigger cover :-D

Hehe, I made another one a couple days ago:

Lost Woods from Zelda. But watch with caution it's not my proudest work. I tried adding a rhythm to it with Baritone shells but that sounded terrible so I just left the main melody:

https://youtu.be/Jlcs_Q99BRA

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I wish either for a Gusty Garden Galaxy cover :) Or You Say Run XD

Ouhhh that is wonderful to hear. I considered Gusty Garden. But I wasn't sure how popular that song is, I am not really immersed in a Nintendo Community so I have no clue. I assumed Gusty Garden might just a theme I like but might not even be popular. 

9 hours ago, Caochu said:

Request Star Wars - The Imperial March. I need some pep song when going to Toadstool :chunky:

We all know someone will do it sooner or later

I already spent some time researching the imperial march. It's really difficult though with some songs. We only got 3 octaves with the shell bells. And most songs got more than that. I tried using some wrong notes to cover up the lack of a fourth one but it quickly becomes unrecognizeable. But I think I am gonna try that one anyway some time :D

Speaking of Star Wars I also considered doing a medley and that cantina song.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

For the thumbnail or in general?

Just the land I'm running passed.  If I record what I have now it will look ghetto lol just running through a swamp next to a wall XD

29 minutes ago, Lovely Roses said:

Hey I don't know if this would be to hard to make, but I think it would be really cool if someone could do Megalovania from Undertale. 

:( Please tell me you only like the game... I still have nightmares from that fan-base!!!

47 minutes ago, Lovely Roses said:

Hey I don't know if this would be to hard to make, but I think it would be really cool if someone could do Megalovania from Undertale. 

Spider Dance, Bergentruker, His Theme just to name a few... And we haven't jumped onto Deltarune...

Also, HK has beautiful songs (that are really ambient so harmonies aren't really easy but you never know what madlads are out there)

Archived