Who is your favorite companion?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

• Chester (DST, DS)
    • Hutch (DST only)
    • Packim Baggims (DS Shipwrecked)
    • Ro Bin (DS Hamlet)

42 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

This isn't all about DST, it's about "Chester-like" Companions from DLCs too. Who do you like the most? I did not include glommer because you can't store items inside it... 

Chester for the win!

I mean, they’ve always been the original!

Anyways, I don’t see much interest in Packin Baggins and Ro Bin, I mean, Ro Bin hatching is like Smallbirds, and no cool transformations, and fat packim baggims gives you more space, but when his hunger reaches 0, they go back to normal. And fire version is cool, but also burns stuff and if you’re Webber, oof.

As for Chester and Hutch, I think those are the best! Chester consumes the items for transformations, while Hutch doesn’t, which is good if you have Fugu Hutch and want to use your spear or something, but then it takes away 2 slots of space for items inside them. But they both are awesome and hella cute ^^

3 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

Chester. Tanky, reliable, and plain gosh darn cute. :D

Yes!!!

1 minute ago, MagicalSkies said:

Chester for the win!

I mean, they’ve always been the original!

Anyways, I don’t see much interest in Packin Baggins and Ro Bin, I mean, Ro Bin hatching is like Smallbirds, and no cool transformations, and fat packim baggims gives you more space, but when his hunger reaches 0, they go back to normal. And fire version is cool, but also burns stuff and if you’re Webber, oof.

As for Chester and Hutch, I think those are the best! Chester consumes the items for transformations, while Hutch doesn’t, which is good if you have Fugu Hutch and want to use your spear or something, but then it takes away 2 slots of space for items inside them. But they both are awesome and hella cute ^^

Yes!!!

Also, I think that Ro Bin is kinda cute! Just look at him!

robin.png.d257a95c9a6753d0a0144427a3ea8c62.png

10 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

I really like Chester, but I voted for Hutch because of his musical form when you put a one man band in him. Looks cool, sounds cool. Plus you can put lights in Hutch so that he'll provide light for you.

I did not know all this, thank you now I will go make myself a music and lights show.

Ro Bin wins in the cuteness department. The awkward way he moves around by hopping on those tiny legs or by flapping those tiny wings is nothing sort of adorable. Poor little guy is trying his best.

But I gotta hand the usefulness award over to Packim Baggims. His fire form is amazing for mass cooking food and mass producing ash, plus the cooked food it outputs is always at 100% freshness. (Also, might be mods, but his attacks never seem to actually damage Webber...)

I'd seriously love to see Chester get a fire form in DST, by putting 9 Red Gems in him during a Full Moon. Well, not the spitting fire part, because that's nothing sort of a nuisance, even for non-monster characters, but the instant cooking part... yes, please.

I had to vote Ro Bin because he's my son and I don't want to make him sad, but I do wanna put in a good word for Packim Baggims. Packim's got the perfect amount of Chester parallels and it's all wrapped up in that charming SW weirdness. He's got the one eye, he follows a bone that lives and dies with him, he's got transformations (one of which is just absolutely hilarious and the other is incredibly useful,) and he's got that silly voice. Ro Bin is 100% a bird Chester, but Packim is a Chester bird, and I love that.
fat.png.d1f94600484156a2ce0359108c0b5097.png 

3 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Also, might be mods, but his attacks never seem to actually damage Webber...

That's normal, I've seen the same thing with Floaty Boaty Knights. From what I've heard, the actual fireballs don't do any damage, they just start fire like a fire staff. So if his target can't actually be set on fire, they'll just play their hit animation with no real effect.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

that's a bruh moment right there...

Man...i know this name is like a noose around my neck in the forums, but youre making this joke like 5th time already, it's not really funny, so im gonna kindly ask you to stop, thanks.

Archived