A request (The clean sweeper)

Hi Klei, any way to change the recipe for the Clean Sweeper? Old Wilderness worlds are difficult to find Evil Flowers. Been trying to make bees pollinate them with no success so far, not even sure if that is possible. Only have 5 total flowers in my world making the new item inaccessible to me for now.

Also tips on how to get more Evil Flowers without the use of haunting from ghosts are super appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

Also tips on how to get more Evil Flowers without the use of haunting from ghosts are super appreciated.

There's a 1% chance of getting dark petals from the tumbleweeds. Another, bit expensive method - of deconstructing Nightmare fuel into 4 petals.

2 minutes ago, Charesque said:

There's a 1% chance of getting dark petals from the tumbleweeds. Another, bit expensive method - of deconstructing Nightmare fuel into 4 petals.

Omg true. I know what I'll be doing when I get to play today. Thank you very much.

Deconstructing nightmare fuel is definitely expensive but it'll work if you have plenty of green gems and you need a quick, secure source of petals. I'd go with the tumbleweed method myself unless I was in a hurry.

I do have some tips for improving an evil flower garden, though, if you want a less tumbleweedy solution for the future: You need 6 flowers of any kind in the area before homeless bees (they can't be attached to a beebox or natural hive) will pollinate a new one, so if you have 5 or less evil flowers in the area you'll have to add some normal flowers for the bees to meet their pollination quota. The bees will spawn more of both kinds, and once you have at least 6 evil flowers in total you can get rid of the normal flowers and the bees will spawn only evil flowers from then on.

The Mandela Forest, Platform Forest, and Pig Village Village Forest on the map may have live wood,And after the new version is updated, cutting down the live wood tree sometimes drops a clean sweeper directly.And beside the living wood, there are demon petals. Find two living woods on the map and you can make it.

If you are woodie or wormwood, it ’s quite simple. Btw. If you want to own this staff very early, but do n’t want to choose woodie or wormwood, to find the live wood on the map may be the fastest way.At least in the new version, when I personally cut down the live wood, I did n’t test it myself, but the chance of dropping the clean sweeper directly is still good.

Thanks klei and hope this helps:)

56 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Don't flowers turn into evil flowers durring full moons? Or is that only a ds thing?

That's only in DS, flowers remain the same during full moon in DST. Mushrooms also don't turn into trees.

2 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I do have some tips for improving an evil flower garden, though, if you want a less tumbleweedy solution for the future: You need 6 flowers of any kind in the area before homeless bees (they can't be attached to a beebox or natural hive) will pollinate a new one, so if you have 5 or less evil flowers in the area you'll have to add some normal flowers for the bees to meet their pollination quota. The bees will spawn more of both kinds, and once you have at least 6 evil flowers in total you can get rid of the normal flowers and the bees will spawn only evil flowers from then on.

Two notes I'd like to add:

1) if a bee gets pollen from at least one regular (non-evil) flower, the new flower spawned by it will also be regular, and

2) the 6 flowers need to be different (different looking I mean; bees won't spawn new flowers from 6 roses, for example, or from 6 flowers where at least 2 look the same). Thanks for ADM for the correction.

It's been a while since I last time checked these things, so please correct me if my info is wrong or outdated.

21 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

2) the 6 flowers need to be different (different looking I mean; bees won't spawn new flowers from 6 roses, for example, or from 6 flowers where at least 2 look the same).

They need to pollinate 6 different flowers and not re-using the same one, but the look of the flower have no importance, so you can do roses gardens and it will works if you have at least 6 of them ;)

Easy way i think is to make dark petals  if you find red gem and make red gem neckles. So when you kill your self you turn to ghost and these petals you planted with butterflys you touch them with your ghost body they turn into dark petals when you done you go touch the red gem necklace you get back to life but watch the timer dosnt get to 0 so the server restarts.

34 minutes ago, NorthicaN said:

Easy way i think is to make dark petals  if you find red gem and make red gem neckles. So when you kill your self you turn to ghost and these petals you planted with butterflys you touch them with your ghost body they turn into dark petals when you done you go touch the red gem necklace you get back to life but watch the timer dosnt get to 0 so the server restarts.

Not in wilderness, when you're death you go back to the character menu instantly, no ghost time

Picking tumbleweed and using bundling wraps to prevent the dark petals from spoiling before you acquire enough of them should be an easy and reliable way to gather the crafting materials, even though your mileage will vary depending on luck (still, it shouldn't take that long).

2 hours ago, ADM said:

Not in wilderness, when you're death you go back to the character menu instantly, no ghost time

Ouhhh then yeah. But thats like a mod that can still be changed if you want from wilderness to survival and then bqck again to wilderness if you want.

Clean Sweeper's recipe is ok: 6x Dark Petals and 3x Living Logs at Shadow Manipulator for an item with infinite durability is more than balanced. It needs to feel at least a bit precious in requirements if not usability. It's a far cry from "uncompromising survival" DS was advertised as, but let's not transform this in "cozy party with skins, friends and fluffy stuff", yes?!

16 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Aww you can't get the sweeper :( ? Well listen, bring one of your friends, ask them kindly to.. perish, make them haunt 6 flowers and revive them.. Or do it yourself but make sure you have a method to revive yourself.

It's a Wilderness world, there are no ghosts. When you die you simply go back to the select screen.

9 hours ago, Charesque said:

1% chance for an item that rots in 6 days

4 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Picking tumbleweed and using bundling wraps to prevent the dark petals from spoiling before you acquire enough of them should be an easy and reliable way to gather the crafting materials, even though your mileage will vary depending on luck (still, it shouldn't take that long).

Bundling wraps require you to defeat Bee Queen, that shouldn't be called easy

3 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Clean Sweeper's recipe is ok: 6x Dark Petals and 3x Living Logs at Shadow Manipulator for an item with infinite durability is more than balanced. It needs to feel at least a bit precious in requirements if not usability. It's a far cry from "uncompromising survival" DS was advertised as, but let's not transform this in "cozy party with skins, friends and fluffy stuff", yes?!

In what context does infinite durability actually matter when the item doesn't keep you alive, there are cheaper infinite use non-weapons like lanterns and sea fishing rods

40 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Well, the OP said they have a "long-term world", so I can assume they already defeated Bee Queen. It's a pretty easy fight if you're using a few marble suits and beekeeper hats. Also, fighting beequeen in spring right after the heavy rain gives you an ability to use a Morning Star and secure an easy kill.

1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

In what context does infinite durability actually matter when the item doesn't keep you alive, there are cheaper infinite use non-weapons like lanterns and sea fishing rods

Clean Sweeper is a vanity item. You can use it as weapon if you so chose, but not really required. The concept of "uncompromising survival" can here be translated as "something kinda hard and a bit precious to have". You get a sense of satisfaction after you obtain those 6 petals if world doesn't provide easily. As Charesque pointed in relation to OP's "Old Wilderness worlds" mention: if they are in old worlds, most likely they have Bundle Wraps. Then all you need is to open a lot of Tumbleweeds (for other resources as well - thus even more incentive) to eventually get 6 Dark Petals - take it as a small quest upon yourself. If that's too tedious for you... what can I say. Life in the wilderness.. :black_eyed:

12 hours ago, Charesque said:

deconstructing Nightmare fuel into 4 petals.

I guess I learn something new everyday. Is that really a thing? Wowzers, I can't believe I never thought of that before lol.

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

The concept of "uncompromising survival" can here be translated as "something kinda hard and a bit precious to have"

Only if you completely remove the context of survival.

But this has nothing to do with survival, it's a means to use paid content like Tam skins.

5 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

Is that really a thing?

Well, since there's a recipe which allows you to turn 4x Dark Petals into 1x Nightmare Fuel, you're able to reverse the process which means turning 1x Nightmare Fuel into 4x Dark Petals.

15 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Bundling wraps require you to defeat Bee Queen, that shouldn't be called easy

Normal bees also have a chance of dropping a bundling wrap blueprint. You can probably get it from tumbleweed itself, lol, although now we are talking bad odds. In any case, it is not difficult to acquire bundling wraps if you only up your mind to it, regardless of character. It is only a bit time consuming. All you need is a hambat, if you go down the road of fighting normal bees.

Then you need a science machine to get beewax and papyrus and head to the desert to chase down tumbleweed until you have enough dark petals.

Seriously, it shouldn't take that long. If you want I can do a speedrun and we will see how long it will take, but it would probably be a bit boring to watch.:)

Archived