I wanted to respond in the thread of the next character, but as he hope for a goat character, I don't think it could be that if we see gorge characters comin in DST.

They said they're coming right ? They could have their own island, with few quest as we have for the new npc.

And then ? As we see the size of the new island, there's space for more...

So... What will be the next NPC ? Do you think it's only the first one ? What kind of NPC would you like to see ? With quests ?

Just now, Moonatik said:

What will be the next NPC ?

We currently have PEarl and I assume Pearl is Klei's attempt at making NPCs. She has been receiving a popular reception from the beta players.

If Pearl is a success out of Beta, I'm hoping the cat-hunchback concept race Bacooons become a future mob/npcs.

Imo it would be neat if there were more npcs that had their own set of actions or even abilities. If klei decides to add more npcs, i have somewhat of a suggestion about what they could do when the player finishes all of their quests/rep grind etc. The npcs would open a bazaar or black market that would happen once or twice a year, with all of the npcs gathered in one place, mainly an island, trading rather mysterious items/blueprints. This idea is probably unrealistic and not befitting dst at all but i thought i might throw my few cents in this topic.

10 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

This idea is probably unrealistic and not befitting dst at all but i thought i might throw my few cents in this topic.

I like unrealistic ideas, and I bet Klei like that too. We need like 9 or 13 updates before a thing like that, but I approve.

Thanks for your cents !

One problem.. if you got all those Npcs in one area like that.. whats stopping me from murdering them all with a spear, or a trail of gunpowder, or blocking them all off so that they can’t go anywhere and then intentionally hit one of them with a Firestaff to set off a chain reaction of burning helpless npcs running around?

Sounds like classic bad guy stuff to do am I right?? I know thank you.. I got that last suggestion hilariously from a children’s cartoon actually. 

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

One problem.. if you got all those Npcs in one area like that.. whats stopping me from murdering them all with a spear, or a trail of gunpowder, or blocking them all off so that they can’t go anywhere and then intentionally hit one of them with a Firestaff to set off a chain reaction of burning helpless npcs running around?

Sounds like classic bad guy stuff to do am I right?? I know thank you.. I got that last suggestion hilariously from a children’s cartoon actually. 

What's stopping you is probably the chance of all of them attacking you at once and murdering you mercilessly before you get the second hit with that spear.  Plus they'll probably add mechanics for anti griefing like you can't destroy the houses or there will be NPCs like the royal pig guards that put out fires.

37 minutes ago, minespatch said:

5aa356ddeea4f_Skeledorkmolestsbacoon.thumb.png.8ad59cccdc8a9e9ab02747734037f936.png

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I see him like very upset everytime we would visit him. Doesn't want to be bother. Asking for impossible things to be done. Surprised everytime we'd do it. More upset. More crazy things to do, he would fool us. At the end he would send us to a new boss. As he see we beat that boss, he would give up fooling us and would really be adorable and friendly (with a super rare blueprint as a gift.....!!!).

Damn, I don't know what the actual new npc ask us to do, didn't spoil myself. Is it already the case ?

38 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

I won't mind seeing more NPCs, i think Pearl is Klei giving it a test and seeing if they're a good addition to the game or not. So far from what i heard, it does seem to be success

So much this- I see a lot of people join a game and the first things they ask is “Where is Base?” Or “Where is Pig King?”

It never made any sense at all to me that you could give the Pig King the hide of his own dead townsfolk & he will reward you with gold.

Could you imagine actually having Legit Quests to have to do?  Like for example Maybe Pig King wants you to hunt down, find and kill a certain creature, then bring him the evidence of its death for reward.

such as a Varg that’s been terrorizing the village. 

Maybe theres a NPC Merm who wants you to liberate a spot of turf of its Pig enemies by Burning their houses.

Just fun little additional things you can do similar to Pearl, Crabby Hermit

I like to think that in an alternate universe, the Cacoon was in the game, and MERMS were the thing that people wished were real. 

Other than that, can I just say how cool the Clockwork Pawn looks? I would love to see that in-game personally. 

7 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

Other than that, can I just say how cool the Clockwork Pawn looks? I would love to see that in-game personally. 

Honestly it kind of reminds me of the guardian from Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild, and I love to think how terrifying they would be in the Don't starve universe

Spoiler

1951819545_download-2020-04-20T235132_424.jpeg.efb3fad089349f7b5e809ccf2cf90e16.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I like to think that in an alternate universe, the Cacoon was in the game, and MERMS were the thing that people wished were real. 

Imagine a cacoon version of Wurt.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

If Pearl is a success out of Beta, I'm hoping the cat-hunchback concept race Bacooons become a future mob/npcs.

I was really disappointed that we didn't get them in Hamlet. They look a lot like jungle cats. But if they eventually made their way to DST, then that would be even better.

20 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think most NPC’s in games, can’t be killed? I mean, I think Pearl won’t be able to be killed

5 minutes ago, MagicalSkies said:

I think most NPC’s in games, can’t be killed? I mean, I think Pearl won’t be able to be killed

Undead Labs said the same thing about their Bounty Broker in State of Decay 2... I then spent the next 2 months proving them wrong- And they had to update their game to make him even more unkillable.

Don’t you DARE Tempt me with sweet little old Crabby Lady, because I was siding with she was so adorable she deserved to live.

Archived