How could bacoons be implemented in the future?

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

5aa356ddeea4f_Skeledorkmolestsbacoon.thumb.png.8ad59cccdc8a9e9ab02747734037f936.png

Since they were in the concept art, perhaps this future tribe can be added later on a new island? I bet the island can be cat themed. Would be a ton of fun if that happened.

Just as a interesting little concept, I always thought of an idea of like a rival tribe or group of surviving npc's like maybe the Cacoons, arrive on shore somewhere on the constant as like a colony. At first they are a bit territorial like pig guards, but maybe if you open up to them with let's say fish, you can build and trade together with them. Heck, maybe they even explore on sea as cat pirates and the leader is out there somewhere on another island and however you treat him depends on how the cacoons see the survivors. 

TLTR:

maybe cacoons can act as a rival surviving group in the mid game (let's say early spring) building their own shelter's and base somewhere, and depending on how you interact with them, you can either start war with them, or make peace and share the constant's land together.

1 minute ago, --- -.- said:

Travelling merchants who set up camp in random spots in the world. You trade fish for goods.

A previous Bacoon thread I made referenced that cat species - Wait... THAT WAS YOU.:wilson_ecstatic:

Something like khajiits of Skyrim would be so cool, like they travel across the world setting up little camps, maybe some can even be merchants! Also, they can even be the best at talking out of hunchbacks since cats are pretty smart animals.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:21 AM, chirsg said:

Add them in as pirates with their own boats and crews.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:11 AM, --- -.- said:

Travelling merchants who set up camp in random spots in the world. You trade fish for goods.

Why not both?

On 4/22/2020 at 1:29 AM, TheHollowKnight said:

Wurt would be eaten

Webber would be batted around like a toy

Wortox? i dont know.

Ihaswaresifyouhascoin.thumb.jpg.c4d2d27d7c47d5208ac4948222a074bf.jpg

They will have wares if Wortox has coin (or fish), I'd wager.

---

Anyway folks, that's the best I can come up with for now. They're kinda neat to draw. Especially as pirates. Hope it helps get the message across! They might be a ton of fun to add more traders and actual NPCs like these guys if the RoT Hermit trader is successful on her release.

Turning them into traveling traders who ride around in ships sounds dangerously close to Kahjiit from the Elder Scrolls Franchise, Which we’re technically cat people, Sea pirate thieves & merchants who would set up shop & sell you their stollen wares.

If Klei are going to add Bacoon into the game (no idea why they’re called that.. but Okay.) I would want them to come up with their own unique DS function rather than copying Kahjiit.

Its also probably because of their extreme relation TO Kahjiit that Klei Opted to remove them entirely.

Having said that... a Mob I WOULD like to see in DST is the Elder Mandrake, they look big and fearsome and make me regret ever cooking, eating, using, or even picking a mandrake plant.

Since this is Slightly Off-Topic I won’t go any further into details but I will just state that the menacing look of this thing makes me horrified.

As for the Cat-People... I’m not 100% sure HOW they could be added without being compared to Kahjiit..

99AE7EA3-2096-4F10-A84D-40BDE71091C8.png

8 hours ago, derplord said:

what's 'baccoon' a hybrid of?

It looks like they were messing with words and made perd, bboob, bacoon, and merm. Perd become gobbler, bboon became spidermonkey, merm as merm, and... Bacoon is a hunchbeast cat,

Maybe the devs will explain the "bac" in the baccoon name.

9 hours ago, derplord said:

what's 'baccoon' a hybrid of?

54 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maybe the devs will explain the "bac" in the baccoon name.

Initially I thought they were baboon-raccoon-cat hybrids of some sort, but there’s a note on the side that says they drop pigskin... I think they were instead definitely playing on the words “bacon” and “raccoon”

...They couldn’t resist a pun like that.

Okay so I picked apart the photos you posted Minespatch, but my knowledge with this game is Incomplete and if Any of this stuff is Inaccurate someone please Correct Me.

The one that strikes me as most intriguing is the PAWN because of how closely it resembles the Spider enemy, which leads me to think that maybe this is what Spiders were going to be.. before actual Spiders took their place.

As for all that city stuff building rubble, broken clock faces, street lamps, Theater Letters.. all of THAT I’ve never seen in the game.. it may had been used in Gorge, Forge or Hamlet but since I’ve never played that content- My knowledge with the game ends with DS, DS Shipwrecked & DST.

The Green parts I circled are obviously parts to WX78.. 

As for Baccoon. outside of the name (Big A. Cat Coon) I’m guessing that they were originally intended to be grown up & Hostile versions of  Catcoon (seeing as how both Merms & Pigs also equally had scrapped concepts for child & teenage versions right???)

Maybe Baccoon were intended to be the hostile mob that punched Webber in the face But were neutral towards everyone else until they later just gave the cute Catcoons that feature themselves. Which also was later applied to poor Wortox (I am not ashamed to admit I’ve died a few times to Catcoon as both Webber & Wortox)

One important thing to note- Hounds have a “Larger Variant” called Varg. & Spiders have the obvious Spider Queens. So it seems that there was at some point going to be a larger variety of the Catcoon as well.

But Rather Peaceful, Hostile, or a Hunt Enemy like the VARG... is anyone’s guess. And I highly doubt anyone at Klei would enlighten us.

Spoiler

(I would love to see the Pawn Enemy returned to the game though..) A chess board without all it’s pieces in play will always be Incomplete.

Unless they decided to Intentionally remove the PAWN because as anyone who actually plays Chess would know- Once a Pawn makes it to the edge of the enemies side of the Chess board, A Pawn becomes a Queen.

CA0E2A4C-3FA1-4DCA-BE47-D2CA97404ADC.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay so I picked apart the photos you posted Minespatch, but my knowledge with this game is Incomplete and if Any of this stuff is Inaccurate someone please Correct Me.

The one that strikes me as most intriguing is the PAWN because of how closely it resembles the Spider enemy, which leads me to think that maybe this is what Spiders were going to be.. before actual Spiders took their place.

But this thread is about baccoons.;..:wilson_shocked:

All I’m asking is what even IS or WAS a Baccoon?

is it a scrapped Concept? 

Something from a DLC I haven’t played yet?

Is it Peaceful?, is it Hostile? is it a Boss Hunt like VARG? 

Are they part of an Upcoming “Year of The..” Event? 

Future Return Of Them Mob?

Does anyone know?? 

Archived