[Game Update] - 401443

• Developer

A big thanks to everyone for your feedback on the Wendy Character Refresh. I'm glad to be working on a game where our fans passionately dissect everything we do and give their feedback.

We have decided to move away from Wendy's health value modifying Abigail's damage. We had intended for it to represent Abigail becoming enraged as her sister was approaching death, however it resulted in the sisters not working together as a team.

As of this hotfix, Abigail's damage is back to being based on the day/dusk/night phases and she has received a boost to her day and dusk damage. Abigail's attack now besets her opponents with ghostly petals for a short period of time. Opponent's beset by Abigail's ghostly petals will receive extra damage by all other attackers (eg other players, Pigmen, etc.) Wendy, being Abigail's twin sister, is able to take advantage of this and will deal substantially more damage. We have also renamed the Choleric Tonic to Nightshade Nostrum and changed it to allow Abigail to deal damage during the daytime and dusk as though it was nighttime.

I'll also take this opportunity to clear up the mechanics behind Abigail's shield. When Abigail takes damage, she will put up a shield to block all incoming attacks for a short period of time, similar to how the Thulecite Crown works. Applying the Unyielding Draught will double the duration of the shield, while Distilled Vengeance will double the duration and deal damage to anything that hits the shield. 
We hope everyone enjoys these changes. A full list of details can be found below.

Changes:

• Changed Abigail's damage back to be based on time of day instead of Wendy’s health.
  • Increased Abigail’s damage during daytime and dusk.
  • Abigail's attack besets her opponents with ghostly petals for a short period of time, increasing its damage received from all other damage sources. Wendy is able to take advantage of this and will deal substantially more damage.
  • Spectral Cure-All now lasts for 30 seconds and the other Ectoherbology elixirs now have a duration of 1 day.
  • Replaced the Choleric Tonic with Nightshade Nostrum.
  • Nightshade Nostrum allows Abigail to call upon the power of darkness, causing her to deal nighttime damage during the daytime and dusk.
  • Abigail’s shields received a minor increase in duration. 
  • Retuned the number of Mourning Glory required to craft the Ectoherbology elixirs.
  • Reduced how far away the Pipspook’s lost trinkets will spawn.
  • Changed Abigail’s riled-up targeting to encompass more creatures.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the scaling of Distilled Vengeance’s damage fx 
  • Fixed various Wilson skins hair orientation in the back view.
  • Fixed missing fur tufts on Wortox.
  • Fixed an issue with Wendy’s Nostalgic skin’s hair when doing the kiss emote.

View full update

• Like 56
  • Thanks 46
  • Sad 3

Changed Abigail's damage back to be based on time of day instead of Wendy’s health.

this and the control was my favourite part of the rework and the damage was so high without being death in 1 shoot but i guess abi's new debuff will be interesting for players who never participates with abigail in the fights but for me its bad step returning to the old mechanic

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lbphero said:

why return back to the day cycle based damage :/

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

We had intended for it to represent Abigail becoming enraged as her sister was approaching death, however it resulted in the sisters not working together as a team.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9

Just now, Lbphero said:

really really dissappointing to hear that the reason they took out a more interesting mechanic that could be worked with using strategy like Kiting to make the most out of with something that is much more rigid 

tbh, the glass-cannon-summoner character type will probably be vitalized in Maxwell's rework.

• Like 34

Just now, Lbphero said:

really really dissappointing to hear that the reason they took out a more interesting mechanic that could be worked with using strategy like Kiting to make the most out of with something that is much more rigid 

But you can now get the most damage during the day, at full hp, with the nightshade potion. Its even better.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

But you can now get the most damage during the day, at full hp, with the nightshade potion. Its even better.

but was much more interesting to control how much do you want to risk for having more damage.

for killing spiders, beefalos and hounds you dont need to be at full hp :/

edit: also was the only character with a mechanic in her hp, variety pls

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

We have decided to move away from Wendy's health value modifying Abigail's damage. We had intended for it to represent Abigail becoming enraged as her sister was approaching death, however it resulted in the sisters not working together as a team.

Then what is that?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

YES!!!!!! This is amazing, Thank You.

To answer the questions of why revert damage from being tied to Wendy’s Health, is because laggy games, and Console players especially had a very hard time with it.

Wendy was always seen as an EASY Character Choice, And the sudden shift to Running around on lower Health was HARD Character choice.

Though it makes me Wonder if they’ll Repurpose the lower Health Higher Damage into Wes since he IS A Challenge Character.... hmmmm?

Nahh Maybe not. Eitherway I’m glad potions last longer too- Because Console players couldn’t just apply them mid battle- We have to stop moving and enter an entirely different menu tab to apply Elixirs to Abigail- Which keeps us out of Combat... 

Now without needing to be low on health, I might can actually heal Abby more often Without worrying about dying.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

YES!!!!!! This is amazing, Thank You.

To answer the questions of why revert damage from being tied to Wendy’s Health, is because laggy games, and Console players especially had a very hard time with it.

Wendy was always seen as an EASY Character Choice, And the sudden shift to Running around on lower Health was HARD Character choice.

Though it makes me Wonder if they’ll Repurpose the lower Health Higher Damage into Wes since he IS A Challenge Character.... hmmmm?

Nahh Maybe not. Eitherway I’m glad potions last longer too- Because Console players couldn’t just apply them mid battle- We have to stop moving and enter an entirely different menu tab to apply Elixirs to Abigail- Which keeps us out of Combat... 

Now without needing to be low on health, I might can actually heal Abby more often Without worrying about dying.

hmmm yes today i will lower the skill ceiling for a character purely because i want to play this character specifically and no other one that may be easier for me 

Edited by Lbphero
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes:

• Abigail's attack besets her opponents with ghostly petals for a short period of time, increasing its damage received from all other damage sources. Wendy is able to take advantage of this and will deal substantially more damage.

Can we please get more details on this? How long does it last? How much increased damage received? It's multiplicative or additive with warly foods, wigfrid and wolfgang extra damage?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  1. Abigail's attack besets her opponents with ghostly petals for a short period of time, increasing its damage received from all other damage sources. Wendy is able to take advantage of this and will deal substantially more damage.
  2. Spectral Cure-All now lasts for 30 seconds and the other Ectoherbology elixirs now have a duration of 1 day.

Point 1, awesome addition! Point 2, very thankful this was increased. They were much to short to be useful before.

I'm half glad it has moved back to the day cycle damage modifier. I liked the risk/benefit of it being based on Wendy's health, but tbh the day cycle fits more with the character.

Love and appreciate how you guys love and appreciate the feedback :D

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

A big thanks to everyone for your feedback on the Wendy Character Refresh. I'm glad to be working on a game where our fans passionately dissect everything we do and give their feedback.

As of this hotfix, Abigail's damage is back to being based on the day/dusk/night phases and she has received a boost to her day and dusk damage. Abigail's attack now besets her opponents with ghostly petals for a short period of time. Opponent's beset by Abigail's ghostly petals will receive extra damage by all other attackers (eg other players, Pigmen, etc.) Wendy, being Abigail's twin sister, is able to take advantage of this and will deal substantially more damage. We have also renamed the Choleric Tonic to Nightshade Nostrum and changed it to allow Abigail to deal damage during the daytime and dusk as though it was nighttime.

I'll also take this opportunity to clear up the mechanics behind Abigail's shield. When Abigail takes damage, she will put up a shield to block all incoming attacks for a short period of time, similar to how the Thulecite Crown works. Applying the Unyielding Draught will double the duration of the shield, while Distilled Vengeance will double the duration and deal damage to anything that hits the shield. 
We hope everyone enjoys these changes. A full list of details can be found below.

Changes:

• Changed Abigail's damage back to be based on time of day instead of Wendy’s health.
  • Increased Abigail’s damage during daytime and dusk.
  • Spectral Cure-All now lasts for 30 seconds and the other Ectoherbology elixirs now have a duration of 1 day.
  • Replaced the Choleric Tonic with Nightshade Nostrum.
  • Nightshade Nostrum allows Abigail to call upon the power of darkness, causing her to deal nighttime damage during the daytime and dusk.
  • Abigail’s shields received a minor increase in duration. 
  • Retuned the number of Mourning Glory required to craft the Ectoherbology elixirs.
  • Reduced how far away the Pipspook’s lost trinkets will spawn.
  • Changed Abigail’s riled-up targeting to encompass more creatures.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the scaling of Distilled Vengeance’s damage fx 
  • Fixed various Wilson skins hair orientation in the back view.
  • Fixed missing fur tufts on Wortox.
  • Fixed an issue with Wendy’s Nostalgic skin’s hair when doing the kiss emote.

View full update

SO thankful for these changes, i think they are awesome. I wanted to ask if there is any way we can get Abigail's "low health animation" (aka sad-face Abigail) back? I know its such a minor thing but i think it was a good indicator and i honestly just really liked it :o 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6