don't expect the world from wendy's animated short

just gonna throw this out there that from my perspective it is extremely unlikely that they are going to reveal a crudload of wendy lore for her short, it'd be a nice surprise for them to reveal something as huge as how abby died or something like that, but i think that y'all should go with what i'm doing and keeping my expectations for it low, so if they choose to reveal absolutely nothing like they did with woodie, you aren't as let down.

I'm pretty sure that the short will start with Abigail already dead and that we won't know anything about her family, why the yellow gemstone "reminds her of her mother" or about the relationship she has with Maxwell.
But that's fine eh, in the end the lore of DST does not really exist, they are only fragments of something that I don't think has ever been a story or a coherent and well-reasoned context :'D
I personally care little about the short; I just want to understand how powerful Abigail will be after this update, I think I will have a lot of fun fighting with 1 health point to exacerbate Abigail's offensive abilities, I love playing "glass cannon" characters! :wilson_love:

7 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

I'm pretty sure that the short will start with Abigail already dead

I have the same expectation with your opinion. I'm not that sure they'll show a direct reason or scene about Abby's cause of death in the short.

I mean, with 2020's Roadmap having a significant focus on lore as a major point for future content makes me think otherwise. Sure, we may or may not see Abigail's passing, but perhaps in a mourning scene, we'll see none other than Jack Carter? (Maxwell's Brother)

It’ll be Wagstaff, He’s so fascinated with the power of the Constant and wondering if he could make the world end sooner that he teleported in with his Umbrella grabbed Abigail and threw her off a cliff before Wendy can even react he teleports back out.

Wendy takes all the blame for playing too close to a cliff ledge and letting Abigail fall, her parents hate her and she becomes an Orphan where she meets Willow in the Orphanage- Which by the way those two mean old ladies in Willows short deserved to get blown up by that fire Willow caused but anyway..

So there you have it folks- It was Wagstaff all along >.>

Calling it now, Wendy and Abigail are going to be playing around their picnic set-up when suddenly, Abigail trips on one of those unsafe rocks by the cliffs, and falls to her death, leaving her flower behind. Wendy, out of pure shock, just stands there in disbelief, crushed inside, the colors of her world go from the bright and cheery to the sad and gloomy.

And, possibly, we'll get a mourning scene at Abigail's grave, with silhouette(s) or full reveal(s) of Wendy and Abigail's parent(s)?

Wendy is a very depressing character in tone, so I'm fairly certain we're about to witness a Warly tier animated short, ya'll. Prepare the heartstrings. :blue:

image.thumb.png.a3767965947ea988006aa53060d0d8df.png

image.png.acc7fd4e1640868b1838ea92c2a9d3a5.png

image.png.358c0187d51dcc789bbb09576da7c12f.png

As long as Klei sticks to their word of "Giving a glimpse into the backstory of the characters" ill be perfectly happy.

Woodies short was just plain bad imo, and Wurts was more passable cause shes new, but we didnt get any goat/merm/gorge insight.

Warly and Willows were by far the best, thats exactly the kind of thing I hope for out of Wendy.

But like, what if Klei does a complete 360 and throws in as much context and lore as possible? "Agibail's guts and blood gets smeared everywhere while Wendy looks on in horror; her once joy-filled eyes becoming empty without pupils within a short scene. Bloody knives, gore, torture, horror, and all the like, with distorted visuals that sear into your very soul. Now in DST coming March 19th."

DST = "Dark Souls Together"

31 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

But like, what if Klei does a complete 360 and throws in as much context and lore as possible? "Agibail's guts and blood gets smeared everywhere while Wendy looks on in horror; her once joy-filled eyes becoming empty without pupils within a short scene. Bloody knives, gore, torture, horror, and all the like, with distorted visuals that sear into your very soul.

That'd be a Bruhnyman Moment

19 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I personally know that kids play this game.

I'm sure Wendy could just do the floss, call the blood "ectoplasm" or something, and then drop them from an airship with a pickaxe and it'd be fine ;) 

Like I said, the game is rated 13+ so technically it’s a Teen rated game instead of intended to be played by tiny children.

MEANWHILE Minecraft a game that actually is rated E for EVERYONE and actually IS Intended for tiny children has zombies with half their face ripped off and players can build a portal that lets them quite literally travel to the Minecraft Equivalent of Hell.

DST has the Horror Hounds and Horror Pengull So it is stepping out of that “Child friendly” Comfort Zone a little bit..

I mean I imagine that the animations for Horror Hound spawning alone would be enough to invoke nightmares into little kids xD.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like I said, the game is rated 13+ so technically it’s a Teen rated game instead of intended to be played by tiny children.

*COPPA Has Entered the Chat*:wilson_ecstatic:

17 hours ago, Axelocke said:

[snoop]

If this turns out to be true, I wanna know you managed to sneak in and steal all of Klei's lore/assets without snagging the ONI stuff for me.

I thought we were friends...how could you betray me like this?

50 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I haven't been let down by a single animated short.

Finally someone says this!, Woodie & Wurts shorts may not have provided much in the way of character Lore but they were still cute & funny.

And besides someone somewhere took the time to draw and animate those for us to enjoy. 

I did find a few lore takeaways in both trailers though-

Wurt feels comfortable in a swamp full of spiders & hates Pigs so much she rips their photo out of children’s books

Woodie has control over his curse & can transform at Will, but even with all his powerful transformations he still gets the hell beat out of him it’s  only once Lucy is in his hands that he feels powerful enough to conquer anything again.

I wouldn't be suprised if they don't show what Abigail looks like.

Maybe it'll be from her point of view and we see through her eyes as she goes over the edge of the cliff. Seeing Wendy reach out to her as she falls.

Other than that, I just want to see if Wendy's personality is portrayed differently at the time before Abi's death or If she's just always been all gloom and doom.

If the latter, If they give Abi enough screen time, I wonder If she'll be portrayed as the complete opposite of Wendy?

Archived