Character Interaction

Besides what is already provided in the game, how do you think characters interact that aren't told to interact often? An example of this would be an interaction between Wolfgang and Woodie, given that I couldn't find anything specific besides direct character examines. The character's don't even have to be from Don't Starve together and can be DS DLC. Not only can we talk about characters who don't interact often, or characters that do interact within Klei's videos or via in-game quotes. An example of characters interacting could be how other characters examine Bernie when he is huge, as Bernie relates to Willow, or more subtle interactions as how Wes and Warly were shown together in the Salty Dog update trailer.

Now you have me picturing a scenario with all the DST characters having a blast on the mainland, telling stories and whatnot, only for there to be a "reject raft" tethered by rope in the far distance containing modded characters and Warbucks (of which the latter looks horrified from how the modded ones look). 

Wilson and Willow seem to acknowledge that Wickerbottom had a cat when inspecting a lucky cat jar, so perhaps Wickerbottom opened up a bit to the others.

I could see Wickerbottom and Wormwood getting along as gardening buddies.

Maxwell also seems to show more of his gentleman's nature with Wicker, pondering if he should ask her out for tea.

Wigfrid likes to supposedly tease Wilson by sparring with him/surprise attacking him with the back scratcher trinket.

Those are just the ones I could remember from the top of my head.

if you examine certain items in the game, you can see that the characters are referring to other characters, for example if you examine frazzled wires (the trinket) certain characters will say stuff like "I sure hope WX is feeling ok", or if you examine gears some character says "wx eats these by the handful" , if you inspect spiralled tubers while playing as Winona, she say "count on Warly's cookin' to always make my day", and if you examine mismatched buttons as Willow she will say "cute, like Wendy's little nose" there are so many of these references to other characters 

I enjoy watching the original trailers for Don’t Starve Together where they made it look like Wolfgang, Wilson & Willow were actually talking and Interacting with one another.

Unfortunately that was all clever Dev tricks, by using the in-game text chat feature, and emotes.

But it would’ve been sooooo cool if the characters just naturally interacted like that. :(

I guess for obvious reasons- it simply wouldn’t be possible as it would be way too much work & effort for such a small detail.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, Mike23Ua said:

[talking and interacting being too time consuming and taking too much effort to add (summarized)]

Now that you mention it, I don't think it would be too difficult for the devs to add in more quotes for examining other players. They could add in an examine for a low health player, maybe 30 hp or lower and the comment going as follows: "Wendy, are you sure you're alright?" - Wilson or Wickerbottom, something like that. They could also add in quotes for characters being soaked, starving, or insane, as improbable as it would occur. I'm unsure if they added player examines for Weremoose and Weregoose, but if they did, then that would be a good example of the little examines that I've mentioned. Thanks everyone for responding to my thread, your ideas and facts intrigue and entertain me :D

Archived