Which species do you expect the final character to be a part of.

An imp, a plant and a merm so far. It's clear now that new characters come from the Constant.

That said: what do you expect/hope the new character will be? A member of already existing species or maybe something new?

Here's a list of species that I could imagine a new character from:

-Pigs (though maybe not Wilba)

-Bunnyman

-Rock Lobsters

-Bee

-Ancient-like insects

-Walrus

-Moon-themed

-Shadow-themed

-Moineky

-Sea-themed (though Wurt exists)

I don't really believe it'll be a monkey or a pig, because we already have Wilba and Wilbur and I don't think we'll get either of them, and I hope the character we do get is from a species we haven't yet played as. I think Wurt covers the sea-theme and also bunnymen, because she's vegan and another meat-hating character would be overlapping. Unless it's a fugitive carnivorous bunny rejected by it's family and banished from it's home? Wormwood is kinda moon-themed so I think that's a bit unlikely too, but who knows. Lobsters, walruses or something completely new have been my best guesses but now I'm kinda hoping we'll see an ancient or a shadow character.

I had a rabbit/moon-themed character hybrid idea a while back, but the "Ancient-like insects" seems like it could be really cool! :o

(I love how Hamlet handled insect creatures, and I hope we get to see more bug-life and features in the future of RoT!)

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

An imp, a plant and a merm so far. It's clear now that new characters come from the Constant.

That said: what do you expect/hope the new character will be? A member of already existing species or maybe something new?

Here's a list of species that I could imagine a new character from:

-Pigs (though maybe not Wilba)

-Bunnyman

-Rock Lobsters

-Bee

-Ancient-like insects

-Walrus

-Moon-themed

-Shadow-themed

-Moineky

-Sea-themed (though Wurt exists)

Pig is covered by Wilba, Splumonkey is covered by Wilbur.

so the final dlc in my opinion will be either a Rock Lobster, or a Bunnyman.

Those are the ones with the most potential to build your own little civilization with like how Wurt can command an Entire Army Of Merms.

Imagine a Rock Lobster Character though who could eat rocks and benefited more from Stone Fruit.

In fact...Why the F is Stone Fruit even a thing if the final character isn’t a Rock Lobster?

Anyway... we could all totally end up guessing wrong though and it’s just Charlie or Wagstaff.

37 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

here @DrWoaFynn had an idea for the lobster character

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think if the choices were narrowed down Strictly to Klei allowing us to choose between a Bunnyman vs Rock Lobster I would defiantly want the Rock Lobster.

Bunny people live down in caves, won’t eat meat and are vegetarian.. this is pretty much Wurt minus living in a Cave. (living in caves is also already covered by the Rock Lobster.)

But Rock Lobsters- They would have unique brand new gameplay of eating rocks, benefiting more from Stone fruit. They maybe could even provide free rocks to players in exchange for their own Health like Wormwood can With living logs?

Gameplay Wise I would picture them moving slower than every other character, just like the real ones do that live in Caves.. but, To make up for moving slower their made of freaking rock they would likely have 3x as much health as poor Wes.

Pretty Much just a high health slower moving Tank-like Character from any MoBA game.

Maybe they shouldn’t move too slow (we still want the final dlc to be fun to play as not annoying..) But just enough that his higher health has to make up for not being able to move as fast as everyone else.

Its like Kuzenbo in Smite.. a large slow moving but heavily armored Turtle.

His attacks are a bit slower to connect, but they deal increased damage when they do connect.

Rock Lobster for the win! 

59 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

I'm not sure they would do a bunnyman or a rock lobster, since not everyone can play caves

I want... a moon alien... and/or another girl... and/or another robot

Wait.. how can people not play caves? They are a core part of the game and on the Xbox One there is no option to ever turn them off, in fact the only option that exists for caves on Xbox is to make them even bigger and Caves + (whatever that is..)

The Caves are so much a CORE part of the game that there are many many MANY cave entrance sinkholes all over everywhere across the map (which is why I made the thread a while back about wanting Winona’s Spotlight to seriously be able to scare away Batilisks)

Also not to mention that Caves are also connected as one to the Ruins and the Ancient (not even gonna attempt that large P word) Science Station crafting Tab, the Ancient Guardian, Toadstool and Fuelweaver Bosses.

A World Without Caves just sounds like your only playing 40% of the game. How does that even work!?! :( 

I'd guess a Bee themed character would have the most to work with, should probably be merged with the insect option.

Ancient/Moon character would be cool. Maxwell already seems Shadow related, and the next step above him would probably be Charlie, so I don't really see that.

And if they do introduce Walani one day, there is the Sea related character.

And a Monkey/Wilbur would share the same cave issues as Rock Lobsters and Bunnyman.

I want an ancient or someone like that but since the lore lacking nature of these characters I don't think it will happen in the end

plus they seem pretty different psychically just because of what we see in the murals so it may just be too far off the base player design

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

On pc, running caves can be very difficult for certain machines. Caves are actually off by default, and you get a warning before turning caves on.

2020-03-08.thumb.png.48718590966536aa9528d0cb38f6c971.png

How do you guys fight Fuelweaver, or toadstool, or Ancient Guardian, Or for that matter Access the Ancients Gateway Which takes you to the Gorge/Forge events?

Do you just Admin spawn all of this stuff up on the surface world???

If people can simply get over the drastic changes in Climate not making any sense there wouldn’t have to be a Separate server shard to run anything..

They can easily pull Splumonkey OUT of caves like they did in Shipwrecked and put em on the surface.

It’s not a 100% fix for your problem, but at least it IS SOMETHING.

You can even explain the Rock Lobsters as escaping the caves Maxwell Banished them down into Because well... a Huge Freaking chunk of the moon fell out of the sky and crashed into the Constant.. I’m pretty sure that allowed them to escape to the surface.. right?

The only thing you would be missing is a area that’s almost always dark and requires a light source to get around with.

But the main thing is now that the ocean exists in the game and we can build boats and go sailing.. the possibilities of adding new biomes without need a whole new server to run that content... are almost Endless.

1 hour ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Consoles already have enough problems with performance as the world ages, even on miniscule maps. I'd rather not destroy my PS4 by trying to run a world with all cave content up top. 

Honestly I don’t think the big changes they have planned for DST are intended for the PS4 or Xbox One- I’m pretty certain that any MASSIVE game changes will probably be strictly Ps5 & Xbox Series X exclusive.

If I read correctly I think PS5 will support PS4 games. I don't imagine Klei will be redesigning the game from the ground up just for the sake of console performance.

Especially considering DST is not a console game. Its a port of a PC game. As much as you quote other games I would have guessed you understood ports to console are usually just that- a port. 

i would like a bunnymen, shadow related or ancient pre nightmere fuel

or maybe a Skittersquid chtulhu like xD

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Splumonkey is covered by Wilbur.

wilbur its more like a prime ape, splumonkeys interact with nightmere cycle

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

How do you guys fight Fuelweaver, or toadstool, or Ancient Guardian, Or for that matter Access the Ancients Gateway Which takes you to the Gorge/Forge events?

Do you just Admin spawn all of this stuff up on the surface world???

If people can simply get over the drastic changes in Climate not making any sense there wouldn’t have to be a Separate server shard to run anything..

They can easily pull Splumonkey OUT of caves like they did in Shipwrecked and put em on the surface.

It’s not a 100% fix for your problem, but at least it IS SOMETHING.

You can even explain the Rock Lobsters as escaping the caves Maxwell Banished them down into Because well... a Huge Freaking chunk of the moon fell out of the sky and crashed into the Constant.. I’m pretty sure that allowed them to escape to the surface.. right?

The only thing you would be missing is a area that’s almost always dark and requires a light source to get around with.

But the main thing is now that the ocean exists in the game and we can build boats and go sailing.. the possibilities of adding new biomes without need a whole new server to run that content... are almost Endless.

you dont really need a good pc for playing it, i played with caves in my old core2 duo without netbook mode . Only gives problems with stuff on the floor but that mostly happens in the base so its not a big deal

4 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

a Monkey for sure

P/s: Wilbur to be exactly.

P/s 2: don't quote me for i don't care whatever reasons Wilbur should not come to DST, i just blindly want Wilbur.

Im sorry I must quote you, Wilbur is not a brand new exclusive to DST character, The Final DLC Character has been promised to be brand new.

But do not think that this means Wilbur will never come, Warly was added to the game, but Because Warly was not entirely brand new and already exists he was considered as a Character Refresh & Not A BNC (Brand New Character)

You must not give up hope that Wilbur will arrive! :) 

Archived