Gift Showcase/Brag Thread

Well, where shall I start?

Spoiler

20190914154644_1.thumb.jpg.af7edc6851877b66767c9084c6390d0c.jpg

Ah yes. Maybe I should start using garland again.

20200229235204_1.thumb.jpg.b3954c5f4d6e670934d089a1fab26364.jpg

Great. When was the last time I played as Wes? Ah, I remember, like a year ago when I needed a screenshot of him dying. But at least this will be heirloom at some point... (in 2025 if Klei keeps up this tempo)...

Furthermore, in the last years I got Wolfgang's Magmatic, Gladiator and Giant skins, but I don't play him either... thanks, rng...

But let's not be unfair, I got good skins too, skins that I wanted:

20200115232435_1.thumb.jpg.dcff64d1ddba88520bec0578f088d48f.jpg

This is such a great skin for Maxwell in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It really is. That one, and his Victorian are undoubtedly the best ones.

And to continue on the theme of bragging: I got this the other day

20200307020142_1.thumb.jpg.8b41aec58e107e2ecd59d2269ddb02a0.jpg

I think this was hilariously the very first ever log in gift I got on the game, at first I used it strictly on the Gentleman Scientist Wilson, but later once I unlocked a Pirate like outfit Wilson became a pirate Captain and this suit then went and has remained to stay on Wolfgang.

I like to have all my characters dressed up in totally unique clothing so they each look drastically different from one another, I Do not EVER use a full skin set in its entirety.. usually there is SOMETHING about it that I end up hating.

For Example I might see the sets shoes as being too large and too ugly, or I might feel like I have a better pair of gloves that compliment the suit. I may even throw Wortox tails and Wurt flippers on non monster characters so they can look like a human-creature hybrid.

Thats the beauty of DST, these Heads, Gloves, Torsos, Legs, and Feet Items allow us the player to basically play Legos, mixing and matching items to our hearts content so that MY Version Of Wigfrid could look completely different from YOURS. 

And I love it. <3 I know that Hardcore Enthusiasts hate cosmetics because they feel like the cosmetics take away time the developers could be spending making their lives even more miserable.. but at the end of the day what keeps people logging every day isn’t the new hardcore boss fight, it’s playing daily to unlock more curio’s!

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I know that Hardcore Enthusiasts hate cosmetics because they feel like the cosmetics take away time the developers could be spending making their lives even more miserable..

It looks to me like a lot of the "Hardcore Enthusiasts" (on the forms anyway) enjoy the cosmetics. Whenever new skins drop, there's usually a good amount of hype behind them.

Okay so Year of the Carrat is still going, but more importantly then that I always log on the game around 4pm to claim daily gift. (the known time the daily drops have always been available for me.) it’s 4:30pm and I still haven’t yet to get today’s drop.

Anyone else not getting their daily log in yet or is it just me? :( 

Could perhaps be a bug, or maybe the devs are working on the next update, or Maybe I’m just early at trying to claim it today. Eitherway I don’t recall there ever being a loot cap when it comes to daily drops?

(will edit this post when I get it, but will probably be another set of brown loafers.. not joking, I think Charlie just wants me to have a ton of shoes for unknown reasons.)

These are my last 4 drops, the Jammie Pants in Particular is really odd apparently if you complete a full set of skins you unlock a secret Emote??

I have Patchwork Quilt & Jammie Pants, I just Need to unlock Jammie Shirt and I get a hidden Yawn Emote.

(I’ve been foolishly unraveling all clothing that I hated the look of, unaware that some of this goes in a set to unlock a final reward for collecting it all! Ugh..)

66C21135-AED4-490D-8528-02266F708B7E.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

-

Yes, some pieces can be ensembled, if you have any full set from Snowfallen collection you can ensemble the Carol Emote, Any Forge set gives you Fist Shake Emote, Yawny Pajama set and Patchwork Quilt for Yawn Emote and lastly Blue Sleepytime Pajama set and Blue Patchwork Quilt for Sleepy Emote.

Archived