[Game Update] - 395444

• Developer
  • Move Pixel Pack location in the build menu.
  • Drywall once again renders behind wires/conduits, because it is not their intent to block negative decor and it is visually misleading.
  • Fixed crash caused by Sweepy destruction after sweepy station deconstruction.
  • Fixed problems caused by Sweepy delivering to a full base station.
  • Automated Notifier settings save and load correctly.
  • Automated Notifier tooltip can now be 4x as long as before.
  • Reduce a tons of memory spend on Line of Sight tests. On one save, this cut down on 965MB of allocations during load
  • Selecting a new Automated Notifier no longer replaces its settings with the previous Notifier's settings.
  • Sweepy anim improvements.
  • Duplicant will rescue a stranded Sweepy.
  • Sweepy base station can (and must) make new Sweepys from refined metal.
  • Sweepy immediately stops working and becomes rescuable when it can't reach its base station
  • Created new codex category for robots. Moved Sweepy there.
  • Fix crash if Sweepy is charging and the base station gets destroyed.
  • Fix crash when sending a multi-bit automation signal into a Signal Selector or Signal Distributor's control inputs.
  • Fix PixelPack crash if it cannot find a connected wire while updating colors.
  • Fix crash when trying to place objects on Sweepy
  • Fix another Sweepy crash
  • Plants/power generators no longer crash if they are destroyed at the same time the room containing them is modified.
  • Updated Signal Selector and Signal Deselector descriptions
  • Counter resets to 0 when it reaches its count, rather than 1
  • Pixel Pack power consumption down to 10W
  • Timer Sensor can now be set to <1sec values
  • Counter displays its count correctly again.
  • Counter: Add a "decrement" mode which lets you count down instead of up. (WIP)
  • Added Signal Multiplexer and Demultiplexor descriptions.
  • Updated Pixel Pack artwork
  • Signal Switch/Power Switch sidescreen reflects the switch's incoming state correctly when paused.
  • Ribbon Writer and Ribbon Reader are now on the logic layer.
  • Fix output ports hover text using incorrect input ports string.
  • Virtual Planetarium requires the Astronomy Skill with Planetarium Researching trait. (Previously it was incorrectly set to Advanced Research)
  • Pixel Pack now responds properly to gaining or losing power.
  • Pixel Pack power input is moved to the correct spot.
  • Hammer now only operates if given power.
  • Added new research tier descriptions and automation notification
  • Performance savings for triggering sounds

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Drywall once again renders behind wires/conduits, because it is not their intent to block negative decor and it is visually misleading.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

Edited by Gurgel

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reduce a tons of memory spend on Line of Sight tests. On one save, this cut down on 965MB of allocations during load

I hope that was my save game^^

I know it´s a free update, but it seems like a good (or my last) chance to ask for some features of mods I feel are mandatory to be added to the core game:

1. Wounded go to med bed  = Just let duplicants use med beds based on their current health.
  2. Falling Sand                       = A way to prevent the deletion of dig orders on falling tiles. (Or a way to reschedule them).
  • Like 4

@Ipsquiggle If we are asking/can ask for even more features, and this being an automation update then pretty please with sugar on top add solid sensors to detect germs and temperature on conveyor rail materials. An element sensor for conveyor rails would be nice too but at least the first two should involve minimal effort on the dev team.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I hope that was my save game^^

I know it´s a free update, but it seems like a good (or my last) chance to ask for some features of mods I feel are mandatory to be added to the core game:

1. Wounded go to med bed  = Just let duplicants use med beds based on their current health.
  2. Falling Sand                       = A way to prevent the deletion of dig orders on falling tiles. (Or a way to reschedule them).

I support this.

Also:

Drywall once again renders behind wires/conduits, because it is not their intent to block negative decor and it is visually misleading.

How about making it an option in the setting menu?

It is not like we have to many options atm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saturnus said:

@Ipsquiggle If we are asking/can ask for even more features, and this being an automation update then pretty please with sugar on top add solid sensors to detect germs and temperature on conveyor rail materials. An element sensor for conveyor rails would be nice too but at least the first two should involve minimal effort on the dev team.

A +1 for these from me! I would also like to point out that the conveyor filter doesn't quite solve the problem for sorting conveyor rails. Eggs, egg shells and meat all just register as 'Genetic Ooze' and cannot be differentiated. So it doesn't help with your ranch outputs very much.

Feature request I just thought of: a 1 tile high 'sweepy door' so sweepy can go through a wall when I need the rooms to be separate and doors closed to lock in critters (i.e. for ranching).

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Great work on the updates and I love the idea of the automation pack!

I don't see why the hammer should consume power? It does literaly nothing and is only a toy to play with when someone would want to build a piano. Of course it is nice option and I remember someone posted a thread about it so it is really nice you hear the community - but why balancing it with power?

Also - I started designs for game of life you guys requested on live stream. Initial thoughts are - there is a massive wire spaghetti even if I'd switch to logic ribbons. Of course, my initial desing could be flawed with some area for improvements, but what I see is - wireless signal emiters and receivers could help a lot and this pack is a great moment to add them. They could be balanced with high-tier material or power usage.

+1 to the ideas stated above - solid sensors is something that automation needs a lot and it is great opportunity to add them to the pack. No time like the present!

I can also see that logic ribbons open great potential for some new logic gates! 2-tile AND4 and OR4 gates that convert 4-bit ribbon signal into 1-bit wire signal using AND/OR operations, or SHIFT gate shifting bits in the ribbon left or right.

Do ribbons work with existing AND, OR, NOT, XOR gates performing corresponding operation to each of ribbon bits to produce 4-bit output? I believe they should. I also assume that the bridge can be connected to the ribbon, right?

Let me add how much I love ONI, especially for all fun that if offers with logic automation! I'm so happy for this pack and I hope you will not miss the opportunity to make it even better! I personaly could wait longer, how much it would take, to make it even more fun! Thanks a lot again!

Edited by pether