Banhi's Automation Innovation Pack in testing now! - 395113

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Ribbon wires would be amazing if they could be connected to fabrication stations to control individual recipies. It would be a separate port and each wire of the ribbon would enable a different recipie. Would be amazing to control the smelter or electric grill.

Now imagine a smart fridge that activates a recipe if it gets too low and turns it off when full

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pether said:

Nice idea, but what in case when grill uses more than 4 recipies?

4 is a lot already. Much better than having an idividual grill for each recipie. But maybe you could have more than one recipie tied to a single cable of the ribbon.

1 hour ago, Steve8 said:

Now imagine a smart fridge that activates a recipe if it gets too low and turns it off when full

That was the idea behind it. We just need the fridge to work like the smart battery. Also i wanted more buildings to accept a full automation ribbon. Fabricators are perfect for that.

I think another must-have related to logic ribbons would be ALL and ANY gates. Both 2-tiles in size, with ribbon input and logic wire output. ALL gate would send green signal if all bits in the ribbon were green, and ANY - well, if any of the bits was green. In fact the same as AND and OR, but working for four input values gathered in the ribbon.

Yes, I know I can use ribbon readers and existing gates, but this would take 20 tiles of space instead of 2 - big difference in case of more advanced logic systems

Edited by pether
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Sweepy is kinda fun.  Will eventually clean up the floor around them.  Will sweep up everything that isn't tied down. ... which can sometimes be a problem.

OK I'm a little slow... how do you empty the sweepy dock when it's full?  Mine's just doing a little dance in front of the full dock and no one seems to be unloading it.

Edited by LoneMarauder
Punctuation

26 minutes ago, LoneMarauder said:

OK I'm a little slow... how do you empty the sweepy dock when it's full?  Mine's just doing a little dance in front of the full dock and no one seems to be unloading it.

That's kinda the problem.  Dupes will grab materials from Sweepy's dock when they need it, but you can't just click a button and have everything fall out.  So.. sweepy passes over a hatch egg.  It ends up in Sweepy's docking station... and stays there.  Until you have some other container with a higher priority that gets a dupe to go grab it.  But, remember, you can't use "sweep only" so now your dupes are grabbing ALL THE EGGs and carrying them to the storage bin you built to get the egg out of Sweepy...

On a somewhat related note.. Sweepy will also pick up bottles of liquid or gas canisters.  Which can be somewhat interesting to deal with as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

That's kinda the problem.  Dupes will grab materials from Sweepy's dock when they need it, but you can't just click a button and have everything fall out.  So.. sweepy passes over a hatch egg.  It ends up in Sweepy's docking station... and stays there.  Until you have some other container with a higher priority that gets a dupe to go grab it.  But, remember, you can't use "sweep only" so now your dupes are grabbing ALL THE EGGs and carrying them to the storage bin you built to get the egg out of Sweepy...

On a somewhat related note.. Sweepy will also pick up bottles of liquid or gas canisters.  Which can be somewhat interesting to deal with as well.

Sounds like the stuff waiting in the docking station should be tagged as "sweepable".

4 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

.  Dupes will grab materials from Sweepy's dock when they need it, but you can't just click a button and have everything fall out. 

That sounds like a problem.Hope they fix that before release. Would love to see Sweepy bottle the pee that dupes urinate.

28 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

I´m a little confused... whats the new "Hammer" building supposd to do?

Play music. Pipe length changes the pitch for example and different materials have different sounds. It's not really anything serious

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

That i figured out myself. No function beyond that? So its a toy for those who like to make music in ONI, but has no real use for gameplay?

I suppose you could make it into an alarm bell of some sort but yes, pretty pointless like most of the new stuff.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

I was hoping for something like hammering the push-button on the rock crusher. 

Yeah, or an egg cracker so you could fully automate omlette production.

Adding another building that would have unique purpose while working with the hammer would be also nice, but it is easier said than done I think...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pether said:

Yeah, or an egg cracker so you could fully automate omlette production.

Eggs crack on their own if left in a storage for 10 cycles. Raw eggs heated to 71C turns to omelette without needing a grill.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Eggs crack on their own if left in a storage for 10 cycles

But what if Banhi wanted an omlet today, not in 10 cycles? I agree, hammering an egg to crack it is not a game changer, but with it, the hammer could be used in any other way than making music and it doesn't require adding anything new to the game only to make hammer work. Also - turning it into slower, 1-tile rock crusher would be something, as said above