Wheeler in Don't Starve Together

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wormwoods slight tweaks nerfed a few things people saw as OP for him in Singleplayer DS, His DST Counterpart was given some significant Downsides to make up for all the good perks he has.

Wait what? I havent been playing for a while, but if anything Wormwood got a buff when they made it so he cant catch on fire in DST and only has extra fire damage. What other downsides was his DST counterpart given?

Also, Wheelers downsides are that she has 12 inventory slots instead of the usual 15, which really forces the player to take better management in their inventory and is a great downside in my opinion, Her other downside is that she has 100 hp allowing her to be one/two shot by some enemies without armor like Maxwell. A fast but weak character you could say, haha.

14 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Wait what? I havent been playing for a while, but if anything Wormwood got a buff when they made it so he cant catch on fire in DST and only has extra fire damage. What other downsides was his DST counterpart given?

Also, Wheelers downsides are that she has 12 inventory slots instead of the usual 15, which really forces the player to take better management in their inventory and is a great downside in my opinion, Her other downside is that she has 100 hp allowing her to be one/two shot by some enemies without armor like Maxwell. A fast but weak character you could say, haha.

So your saying Wheeler is kind of like like unreworked Maxwell in terms of her HP being 100? Also Here’s what the Wiki pulls up for Wormwood.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wormwood

In addition to now being in a Multiplayer game where flowers/trees picked or caught on fire by other players still Effect his own Sanity, according to this he also takes MORE Damage from fire in DST as opposed to in Hamlet.

I know your not supposed to trust everything that DS Wikipedia page says though, so my source may be inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

In addition to now being in a Multiplayer game where flowers/trees picked or caught on fire by other players still Effect his own Sanity, according to this he also takes MORE Damage from fire in DST as opposed to in Hamlet.

His sanity loss from plants being destroyed is based on proximity specifically so he won't be affected by the multiplayer aspect.

And him simply taking more fire damage is a buff compared to DS, where Wormwood is actually flammable. He can catch fire from lighting, from proximity to any open fire or just from existing during summer.

56 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And when it comes to Wheeler, What exactly ARE Her Downsides? And What would they Be changed to in DST?

For the record: I am not trolling, I’m asking legitimate questions hoping for some legitimate answers.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wheeler

Ok, now it's getting incredibly difficult trying to take you seriously. You ask what her downsides are, specifically mention you're not trolling, then provide a link that answers your question.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So your saying Wheeler is kind of like like unreworked Maxwell in terms of her HP being 100? Also Here’s what the Wiki pulls up for Wormwood.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wormwood

I know your not supposed to trust everything that DS Wikipedia page says though, so my source may be inaccurate.

Isn't that pretty much what Hornete just said?

17 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

And him simply taking more fire damage is a buff compared to DS, where Wormwood is actually flammable. He can catch fire from lighting, from proximity to any open fire or just from existing during summer.

I am 150% certain this was changed so that other players were not just going around sitting him on fire but yeah. When you take anything out of Single Player and throw it into a Multiplayer Setting, Balance changes have to be made to accommodate for that Multiplayer Setting.

Wormwood NOT catching fire anymore isn’t a buff to his character since he now takes 25% more damage from fire overall, it’s simply an Anti-Griefing policy.

But If Wheelers Downside is having only 100 Hp and a few less Backpack slots in addition to both those downsides being countered by Invincibility frames in her Dodge and Walking Faster when having less Inventory..

What Downsides does she still have? Better yet, What Downsides would YOU personally think might fit Wheeler?

also according to the Wiki Wheeler has 15 Backpack slots plus her Navigadget and Pewgun for a total of 17 Backpack Slots.

which in the end result only gives her 1 less slot than everyone else’s 18 am i right?

Unless these two items are bound to her and can’t be dropped to free up those two extra slots???

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am 150% certain this was changed so that other players were not just going around sitting him on fire but yeah. When you take anything out of Single Player and throw it into a Multiplayer Setting, Balance changes have to be made to accommodate for that Multiplayer Setting.

Wormwood NOT catching fire anymore isn’t a buff to his character since he now takes 25% more damage from fire overall, it’s simply an Anti-Griefing policy.

I am 150% certain you are the first and only person to consider using Wormwood's flammability to grief. A torch is cheap as dirt too make. We are not having the Willow conversation again.

And technically it is a buff to his character. Being on fire takes away a pretty big chunk of health. Standing on fire, however, only does 10-15 damage per second vs. the normal rate of 8-12 damage per second.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But If Wheelers Downside is having only 100 Hp and a few less Backpack slots in addition to both those downsides being countered by Invincibility frames in her Dodge and Walking Faster when having less Inventory..

What Downsides does she still have? Better yet, What Downsides would YOU personally think might fit Wheeler?

Walking faster does not negate her reduced inventory. Inventory size and walking speed are different things that are useful in different contexts.w

And downsides are meant to be counter-balanced by upsides, otherwise the character is just bad.

1 minute ago, Canis said:

@Mike23Ua Stop pinging me every time you mention Walani. Yes, I want her in DST, but that doesn't mean you can use me to make yourself look better in your arguments. It's annoying.

I pinged you because if We were told to come up with team based perks that make Walani worthy of adding to DST, why is Wheeler the exception to this? Why should she be the only character who is a direct copy and paste port from Single Player with no changes made?

Please do note that I’m comparing my opinion only to the characters who HAVE been ported over, Reworked or were DLC.

So that would be..

Willow, Woodie, Winona, Warly, Wormwood, Wortox & Wurt ONLY.

Every other character has yet to receive their updates.

This is soooo much character Biased. That’s all I got to say-

I came here I gave some team based perk suggestions in the form of her lasso, Tracking Devices, and other players being able to shove items into her Pewmatic for her.

I actually contributed to the topic instead of simply saying Wheeler is Trash no one needs or wants her. sorry for your loss please move on.

But no really it’s fine, you guys do your thing and I’m just gonna stop commenting on it.

8 minutes ago, Canis said:

Because Walani's gameplay is trash.

I disagree. Walani's gameplay isn't as exciting as Hamlet characters or the reworked DST ones, but Walani is a great character in DS if you simply want a character who's nicer to look at than Wilson but doesn't drastically change your gameplay. Sometimes I don't want to deal with Wheeler's low health, or Wormwood's healing gimmick, or Wilba's curse, or Wagstaff's nearsightedness, or etc. Sometimes I just want to play the game, and I'll gladly accept a bonus surfboard while I do so.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

why is Wheeler the exception to this? Why should she be the only character who is a direct copy and paste port from Single Player with no changes made?

Because changing Wheeler would simply be change for the sake of change, rather than change that she needs. Wheeler went through all of her tweaks and rebalances during Hamlet, and we don't need another one for DST.

Since you're so adamant about team-based perks, though, Wheeler basically already has those. The Pewmatic in a multiplayer-context would allow her to shoot raid bosses from a little ways away while others are doing close combat with them, and the Navigadget allows her to be sent out for specific resources that benefit both herself and the team.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I pinged you because if We were told to come up with team based perks that make Walani worthy of adding to DST, why is Wheeler the exception to this? Why should she be the only character who is a direct copy and paste port from Single Player with no changes made?

Please do note that I’m comparing my opinion only to the characters who HAVE been ported over, Reworked or were DLC.

Lets remember Walani and her surfboard where made for a single player game. We know they don.t really want single character boats in DST. Knowing that means  the Surfboard requires a change all together. That IS a different topic for a different discussion. There is nothing about this character Wheeler that has that problem. Now if you @Mike23Ua have a problem with there lack of major team helping perks that okay. Also if you worry about griefing then don't get into a situation where that can take place. There are bad apples every where but that does not mean we need to stay. Lets remember this was discussion on Wheeler. Now its crashed off a cliff and exploded.

so many people of whom i will not name names parade wheeler around as the most broken character in the world when realistically, her tool-set isn't as broken as so many people think it is.

The first thing to look at is her dodge. Her dodge allows her to roll in a direction swiftly and invincibly, after a 1.5 second cooldown. Some may see the word "invincible" and immediately say she's op, but think about it this way: if you wear armor while dodging and get hit, your armor still takes the durability damage, so it's really more like tanking with extra steps. if you don't wear armor, due to wheeler's small health pool, you're seriously playing with fire and few mistakes will still get you killed quickly.

The second thing to look at is her gun. her gun shoots various ammunition, from blue sows to seaweed, out at varying levels of damage (60 at most, 34 at lowest) and varying levels of range. The gun is decidedly useful, but the vast majority of the time, the amount of resources (and time, since it takes longer to shoot than to swing weapons) saved by just crafting a frickin spear instead of wasting 40 grass is pretty obvious. 

the third and least remarkable thing to look at is her funny navigadget. at it's most useful the navigadget is convenient for finding certain set pieces that for the most part wouldn't even exist in the world of together. 

Overall, Wheeler has an overall very convenient and (perhaps a little too) self serving kit. Her gun and navigadget are both nice things that don't really break the game for a few reasons. Her dodge reminds me of paper Mario's super-guard in the sense that it's very useful for the skilled player that can pull it off each time, but leaves you very wide open for attacks should you mistime it.

If she were to be in DST, in an effort to give her perks that actually contribute to a team instead of just herself. Maybe she could craft replicas of her equipment to get to others, or maybe she'd be able to share map data in a way that isn't the cartography table, in reference to her being an explorer.

Wheeler's a well-balanced character suitable for a wide range of situations already. So is singleplayer Wormwood, who was slightly tweaked in the form of reworking his flammability but left the same in every other way. Walani is different from Wheeler and Wormwood because she's on the low-powered side even in a Shipwrecked world (I've seen it argued that Wickerbottom, who has many other talents, can do equally well at early exploration with a tier-1 boat and sail; it does take more materials to build and move ever so slightly slower, but still) and her perks are almost completely irrelevant in RoG but her drawbacks of lower health and higher hunger drain, mild though they are, apply everywhere. Wilson can at least grow a beard anywhere.

On 19/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, Mike23Ua said:

well, if you are korean maybe its 100% countered xD

edit: was a bad joke. Having 100hp its a downside even if you have invencibility frames, you cant dodge every damage

On 2/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wormwoods slight tweaks nerfed a few things people saw as OP for him in Singleplayer DS, His DST Counterpart was given some significant Downsides to make up for all the good perks he has.

And when it comes to Wheeler, What exactly ARE Her Downsides? And What would they Be changed to in DST?

For the record: I am not trolling, I’m asking legitimate questions hoping for some legitimate answers.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wheeler

Wormwood is literally a challenge character in single player.

Archived