Wheeler in Don't Starve Together

2 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The compass exists, is relatively cheap and easy to mass produce, and serves basically the same function

The compass does not light player head icons up on the map regardless of rather or not you’ve explored that area of the map yet or not, a Tracking Device will.

the Tracking Device would be “Bound” to the player by the way so that you can easily find them even if they die and become a ghost.

And trust me if you played this game with some of my friends your going to wish you could easily find them.

But... apparently you have Better ideas so start sharing them please? <3

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The compass does not light player head icons up on the map regardless of rather or not you’ve explored that area of the map yet or not, a Tracking Device will.

the Tracking Device would be “Bound” to the player by the way so that you can easily find them even if they die and become a ghost.

And trust me if you played this game with some of my friends your going to wish you could easily find them.

But... apparently you have Better ideas so start sharing them please? <3

The compass does reveal location regardless of map exploration. I've used it enough times to attest to that.

Plus the compass is too niche because flares exist and can also be easily mass produced.

Last but not least you can always talk to the rest of the team. It's always the safest option regardless of whether the team responds or not, and if they do you've saved yourself a potential waste of resources.

And as for new ideas, I don't have any because I haven't played Wheeler, and won't take the needless risk of misinforming/confusing people based on my assumptions.

What if I don't want to be found?  Something like a Wurt player all alone doing there own thing in the swamp. I also don't feel we need to change the characters things. With the Navigadget around it will help early on to find more of things. Same as the original game. They might want to make the dodge cd a tad longer tho. That would require testing tho to find a sweet spot.

15 minutes ago, Rma209 said:

What if I don't want to be found?  Something like a Wurt player all alone doing there own thing in the swamp.

I don't actually like the tracking device idea because it's completely redundant with the post-ANR compass (unless it revealed the unmapped area around the other player, like a portable ocuvigil; I still don't really want that as a character item but at least then it would have a purpose) but I have to point out that as described, the Wurt player would have to accept the tracker from the Wheeler player and then keep it in their inventory instead of throwing it into the sea. There wasn't anything about it being something you could stick to a player against their will or over a distance.

For the record, compasses reveal other players' locations when both the looking player and the player being looked for have compasses equipped. It doesn't work if only one player has their compass out.

10 minutes ago, Rma209 said:

What if I don't want to be found? 

Then don’t pick up the Tracking Device..? it’s not like it’s something Wheeler can craft and forcibly hand to you.

It would be an item that once crafted gets placed on the ground. You can pick it up if you wish and it then becomes bound to You.

Identical in almost every way to the Tracking Devices people put on their Dinosaurs in Ark Survival Evolved.. Wheeler would need to give them to other players and then use another Device that Pings & Locates the Trackers.... Which when used blips her tracked buddies on the Map for her to visibly see.

This and the Lasso idea are about the only team based things I can come up with for Wheeler. 

if anyone has any better ideas please do share them.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Then don’t pick up the Tracking Device..? it’s not like it’s something Wheeler can craft and forcibly hand to you.

It would be an item that once crafted gets placed on the ground. You can pick it up if you wish and it then becomes bound to You.

Identical in almost every way to the Tracking Devices people put on their Dinosaurs in Ark Survival Evolved.. Wheeler would need to give them to other players and then use another Device that Pings & Locates the Trackers.... Which when used blips her tracked buddies on the Map for her to visibly see.

This and the Lasso idea are about the only team based things I can come up with for Wheeler. 

if anyone has any better ideas please do share them.

Compass can already be used to track other players,but both players need to have the compass equipped in order to see each other.

Just now, Lammarr said:

Compass can already be used like that,but both players need to have the compass equipped in order to see each other.

The more you know.

I don’t understand this, I can go chop down a Totally Normal Tree to get the ingredients required for living logs, or if I’m playing as Wormwood I can just chop them out of my own body.

Compass’s should only point N,S,E,W anyway... not reveal people on a map like its a Tracking Device.

Why would I want to change up a character I like as is tho? Plus I never hear of people using the compass. Lets also not forget that Wheeler is faster moving around and has fewer pocket spaces. They are all ready a fine character. I still think the Navigadget would help the server early game. Then there gun could be used to ditch unwanted items like bulk bee stinger for extra dps.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand this, I can go chop down a Totally Normal Tree to get the ingredients required for living logs, or if I’m playing as Wormwood I can just chop them out of my own body.

Compass’s should only point N,S,E,W anyway... not reveal people on a map like its a Tracking Device.

You don't chop Totally Normal trees for ingredients required for living logs.

You can't craft living logs. >:(

Also,almost nobody uses the compass anyways so i don't see any reason to nerf it only to buff a secondary use of another item.

I'm not thinking they need a change in there gear. Just the little things like willows lighter. If they have the power in the code I do have an idea. Create a area around Wheeler that makes all players move at Her speed.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys are only pointing out X Gadget already serves Y purpose better.

What your NOT doing is providing any cool team based suggestions that Wheeler might could have when she makes her arrival in DST.

None of us are obliged to make any cool team-based suggestions for any character at any time. None of us are developers, and while we can spend so much time and thought and effort thinking up ways to add characters and perks to DST for the consideration of the developers, it's just not our job to do so and you can't force us to.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What your NOT doing is providing any cool team based suggestions that Wheeler might could have when she makes her arrival in DST.

Not everyone needs something that specifically results in direct team support. If a character can specialize and do 1 thing better then other characters, then they're useful to have around for that 1 thing. For example: Wolfgang could be considered a teamplayer simple because his damage boost can make a lot of bosses much easier. In the same way, Wheeler could easily support a team with her exploration perks and her specialization in ranged combat.

Much like Wormwood, I think Wheeler would be fine in DST with just a few slight tweaks. She works fine how she is currently, so if it ain't broke, there's no need to fix it.

8 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

None of us are obliged to make any cool team-based suggestions for any character at any time. None of us are developers, and while we can spend so much time and thought and effort thinking up ways to add characters and perks to DST for the consideration of the developers, it's just not our job to do so and you can't force us to.

I can’t.. but considering all you who want Wheeler literally came into the Walani thread requesting us to come up with them I’m pretty sure I can.

You don’t have to do anything.. but I felt it was only fair to return the favor.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can’t.. but considering all you who want Wheeler literally came into the Walani thread requesting us to come up with them I’m pretty sure I can.

You don’t have to do anything.. but I felt it was only fair to return the favor.

I never read the stuff posted on Walani as there not a character I like. I'm not even a fan of forced boats to play the entire game in shipwrecked. Not a dlc for me. 

Also Would you consider your self a tad griefing or mischievous? You came into a post on a character you have not played and told us we need to help do the devs jobs.

5 hours ago, Rma209 said:

I never read the stuff posted on Walani as there not a character I like. I'm not even a fan of forced boats to play the entire game in shipwrecked. Not a dlc for me. 

Also Would you consider your self a tad griefing or mischievous? You cam into a post on a character you have not played and told us we need to help do the devs jobs.

I haven’t played as Her because the Hamlet DLC is not available outside of PC so that is through no fault of my own.

However, I could say the same when it came to people joining @Canis thread saying we don’t need Walani that she was Trash and that we needed to come up with better reasons to want her in the game outside of just “Can Ride Surfboards.” will any of the things we put in that thread be added to the game? Probably not... but we still came up with some cool team based perks to suggest for Walani inside a Team based game.

So why does it seem Like me grieving or being mischievous when I simply ask you to do the same for Wheeler?

Or Wilba.. Or Wilbur.. or Woodlegs.. or Wagstaff.

All Of Which I’m pretty certain will be in the game at some point, maybe not as a direct copy and paste port like your wanting with Wheeler.. but yeah.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I haven’t played as Her because the Hamlet DLC is not available outside of PC so that is through no fault of my own.

However, I could say the same when it came to people joining @Canis thread saying we don’t need Walani that she was Trash and that we needed to come up with better reasons to want her in the game outside of just “Can Ride Surfboards.” will any of the things we put in that thread be added to the game? Probably not... but we still came up with some cool team based perks to suggest for Walani inside a Team based game.

So why does it seem Like me grieving or being mischievous when I simply ask you to do the same for Wheeler?

Or Wilba.. Or Wilbur.. or Woodlegs.. or Wagstaff.

All Of Which I’m pretty certain will be in the game at some point, maybe not as a direct copy and paste port like your wanting with Wheeler.. but yeah.

I just wish you would stay on topic (for example, not rambling for multiple paragraphs about rework suggestions for Wes and Wilbur in a thread about Wheeler just because someone else made a one-line comment about how Woodie compares to Maxwell) and stop pressuring people to suggest changes to Wheeler when they're happy with her singleplayer balance because you want to settle some kind of score about how your suggestions were received in a different thread about a different character.

11 hours ago, Rma209 said:

Create a area around Wheeler that makes all players move at Her speed.

What about characters that are faster than her. Do people really want an entire server following them.

Make flint do less damage  when pew-ing stuff so we avoid more hoarding and waste of those early game.

Edit: I personally would prefer coffee over Wheeler for speed, I couldn't care less on her other perks. But that's just me  wishful thinking.

2 hours ago, Sweaper said:

What about characters that are faster than her. Do people really want an entire server following them.

Make flint do less damage  when pew-ing stuff so we avoid more hoarding and waste of those early game.

Edit: I personally would prefer coffee over Wheeler for speed, I couldn't care less on her other perks. But that's just me  wishful thinking.

Wurt pretty much leaves everyone else behind in a Swamp..

Wheelers faster Movement speed regardless of what turf she is on just sounds like deleting needing to ever use a Walking Cane.

If Wurt also shared Wheelers Faster Movement Speed would this Then make Wurt FAST as Hell while running on Swamp Turf?

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If Wurt also shared Wheelers Faster Movement Speed would this Then make Wurt FAST as Hell while running on Swamp Turf?

Well is that example Wurt at some point would run out of range of the boost. Also If you have seen any one try to compare the speed to any other character it does not seam that fast. I Just think Wheeler is a really fun flavor of the month myself. Play as Wigfrid for a game or 2 then start the next game as Wheeler for a change of pace.

Some people think Warly special food can make Wolfgang op. That is not a reason to not include Warly in dst.

13 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Not everyone needs something that specifically results in direct team support. If a character can specialize and do 1 thing better then other characters, then they're useful to have around for that 1 thing. For example: Wolfgang could be considered a teamplayer simple because his damage boost can make a lot of bosses much easier. In the same way, Wheeler could easily support a team with her exploration perks and her specialization in ranged combat.

Much like Wormwood, I think Wheeler would be fine in DST with just a few slight tweaks. She works fine how she is currently, so if it ain't broke, there's no need to fix it.

Heck, the dodge and pew is enough for coop play-style, you can bait boss attack, give space for team to heal, grab varg/koalefant attention, and maybe more.

15 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Much like Wormwood, I think Wheeler would be fine in DST with just a few slight tweaks.

Wormwoods slight tweaks nerfed a few things people saw as OP for him in Singleplayer DS, His DST Counterpart was given some significant Downsides to make up for all the good perks he has.

And when it comes to Wheeler, What exactly ARE Her Downsides? And What would they Be changed to in DST?

For the record: I am not trolling, I’m asking legitimate questions hoping for some legitimate answers.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wheeler

Archived