Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2020

51 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

There is a big announcement at the top of the forums about the Klei offices being closed for outbreak concerns so it does feel some what on topic right now. 

Talking about how you think that might impact the roadmap for DST would be on topic. Yes. However, that is not what you were discussing. 

51 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Talking about how you think that might impact the roadmap for DST would be on topic. Yes. However, that is not what you were discussing. 

I think there's an arguement to be made that the impact of the virus had to be established before the conversation of how it might affect the roadmap could proceed. I think all parties are over it though. 

11 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I think there's an arguement to be made that the impact of the virus had to be established before the conversation of how it might affect the roadmap could proceed. I think all parties are over it though. 

I’ve searched everywhere and I can’t find what I’m looking for, all I can find is Steam prices for it which obviously.. won’t do a console player a dang bit of good to have.

But My question is How do you unlock the Weatherbeaten Torch Skin?

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ve searched everywhere and I can’t find what I’m looking for, all I can find is Steam prices for it which obviously.. won’t do a console player a dang bit of good to have.

But My question is How do you unlock the Weatherbeaten Torch Skin?

It's just a random drop for us. Similar to the Alchemy Station skin, you just have to get lucky. 

And a possibility I would LOVE to see a Wes rework is this quoted off someone from my Wes needs a rework thing I did.  

it'd be great if they give him extensive perks in his rework to make him a more fitting character for multiplayer survival. I usually list my set of Baloonomacy, Pantomime and Burden suggestions in these Wes rework threads but I'll try to go to the next level and spitball all sorts of circus centered ideas they can go with for everyone's favorite mime. 

Baloonomacy

Well, it's supposed to be his main talent. But all he can fo with his pile of balloons is to make decorative balloons by giving 5 sanity. Works for quick insanity, suicides and AFK assassinations but not much else, certainly not much to support the other survivors. Instead, his balloon talents can be reworked extensively. His pile of balloons should also act as a crafting station like Codex Umbra when placed on the ground for Wes to make various balloons with varying utilities. He'd require varying amounts of sanity, as well as different items around the constant to craft these.

Balloon Saddle - A saddle that can be shaken off only once but allows Wes to rush beefalo domestication.

Balloon Hat - Helmet that can only block one hit but prevents damage, knockback the player and give minimal damage when popped.

Balloon Cake - Tribute item that grants maximum companionship when gifted to befriendable mobs.

Balloon Sword - Weak but cheap weapon that pops and makes the cracking effect that de-aggroes mobs when depleted.

Balloon Armchair - Comfy balloon armchair with multiple uses that like a tent, slowly heals sanity when sat on.

Balloon Pillow - Sleeping item that can be used as an alternative to straw roll. It can be placed on the balloon armchair to upgrade it to heal too. 

Balloon Animal - Cute Balloon decoy animal that draws aggro very successfully, popping and damaging the attacker when hit.

Inflatable Tube - Small donut-shaped lifesaver that can be placed on the sea to be sat on. Could pop after one use but would last long enough to allow passing rivers and lakes.

A plethora of Balloons - The idea Mike suggested, making a holdable chunk of many balloons that acts like a lazy explorer, letting Wes glide across gaps. Could only have the durability of 1-3 uses and require a lot of sanity to build.

Pantomime

Another apparent talent of Wes that he only uses to communicate and examine stuff. Instead, his pantomime talent can be reworked into a substitute for basic tools, which could allow him to Chop, Mine, Shovel and Row without the relevant items. This could use up his sanity or hunger in each use, but would be nice giving him access to the powers of tools when he lacks to tools.

Ventriloquism

Wes can't talk but it doesn't mean he can't train his Ventriloquism skills. It's okay that he's mute when it comes to chatting and vocal warnings but it can get on the way of using basic multiplayer features like reading signs and reciting the weight of fish, making it more of an annoyance than an intended downside. Instead, he can craft a survival item, a puppet to be able to interact with and read signposts, pocket scales, scale-o-matic and various other structures.

Daredevil

His stunt work could also be capitalized on. I envision a unique structure of stunt cannonball that can shoot players across some distance quickly, possibly allowing them passage oversea. It could also be used by Wes only to shoot himself on a selected target enemy to hurt him significantly, as long as he's wearing a helmet, making a hilarious entrance. Just imagine a group of players fighting Deerclops and Wes suddenly shooting himself onto Clops, headbutting him and hitting him with 150 damage and landing in a similar fashion as if thrown from a beefalo.

Acrobat

Unicycle and tight rope come to my mind but I don't know how to conceptualize these in a not too OP and not too coplex manner. Still I'd like a Unicycle that can only be crafted and used by him that'd allow him faster travel for a very brief time.

Juggler

Could be an interesting and unique way of inventory management, giving Wes a Juggling Kit item similar to Gifting Wrap or Bundling Wrap that can take up to 5 items but instead of packing them, Wes'd bundle the inventory items in balls and start juggling them, using up his hand slot and only allowing him to walk and pick up more items. He'd drop all the balls when interrupted by a hit or when stopped willingly, with fallen balls immediately returning back to their original forms upon hitting the ground. This could be used in conjunction with the Unicycle or When riding a Beefalo for delivery purposes

Clown

Various clown tools could be added to his arsenal. One such tool could be something similar to the Year of the Pig King signpost that could flinch or throw enemies. Another could be a fake flower hand item or a whole body slot with a flower that he can squirt water onto enemies with, getting them wet and assisting the team with Electric damage. Finally a fake pie item he can craft to throw into enemies to stun them for a second could be fun.

Calligraphy

Not much going on for this ability but he could have an extra craft near Cartography desk like "Name Plaque" or "Caricature" that he can give to other players who can read them and gain sanity like blueprints. Who knows, maybe he could be a great writer/caricaturist/calligrapher behind his mute façade.

Animal Taming

We don't have any character specialized in animal domestication, taming, herding and ranching and I don't see Wes particularly good at this. I'd like the unimplemented Winnie character or even the Inkeeper to be designed extensively around this trait but I guess Wes could be given some animal friendhip perks too. Immediate access to saddle a balloon saddle is something I really like as mentioned in baloonomacy but he could also be good at luring or herding other mobs like Volt Goats, Koelephants, Grass Geckos, Hounds etc. I don't know how this would be implemented but Animal tamers too are a staple of circuses. 

Burden to Others

And finally his flimsy survivor trait. The most common image of Wes is that he's weak, flail and overall a burden on the other survivors. Some players even see him as a parasite. Why not embrace this image and flip it on its back by rewarding players for babysitting/serving Wes. A nice minor perk could be that players could gain sanity once a day for feeding Wes something. This amount restored could be proportional to the amount he's fed, such as 5 for small stuff like berries while 10 or even 15 for meatballs, turkey dinners, bacon and eggs etc.

Hey JoeW I have a Question, since no one has asked yet was it easier to work from home then it is in the office?

It sounds like Corona is changing a lot   Of things in life, and hopefully all that gets sorted out sooner rather than later. 

This is situation is defiantly scary.. I’ve never quite seen anything like this-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-suspends-2019-20-season-after-jazz-player-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/amp/

On 3/8/2020 at 3:17 PM, Axelocke said:

Year of the Carrat reigns eternal! 

image.png.36225aa277c4ab72287376027f413aab.png

Oh lord have MERCY

After reading the whole thread again I feel better. I’ve been waiting for this update for a while now and I thought I was the only one waiting LmAo. Hopefully things will get back on track without this stupid virus. Until then, I’ll be playing DST with pre-rework Wendy.

*Anxious but patient Wendy Main Noises

Well few hours left and we will start third week! I'm pretty sure Klei has small delay because coronavirus. I have small hope for any announcement today - with good news about incoming update or bad with "we need more time, so update is delayed". Both are good to hear at this moment because we are thirsty for new content.

And the most important ... would be nice to hear that everything is fine with Klei's workers. Updates and games are just pleasure when health is more important. Stay healthy boys and girls! Cheer!

To be honest i see more issue within people reacting to this virus rather than the virus itself, the main reason why mass panic starts up is because of how fast it's spreading. Just hope people at Klei don't have too much of an issue with it and get everything together safely and calm, there's no need to rush, health is always the top priority.

There has not been any affect on our timeline as of right now. But it's not impossible that it will affect us in the long term, if anything it's pretty likely. However, we should be able to adjust without too much of an impact, we hope. If it starts looking like things are gonna get messy, we will let people know asap. 

Guys there will be no time without an update between Year of Carrats end and the next update, When Year of Carrat Ends we will be playing the next content update.

I guess Year of Carrats Reign wasn’t so Eternal after all.. sorry my little Rat buddies, you will be missed! :( 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Guys there will be no time without an update between Year of Carrats end and the next update, When Year of Carrat Ends we will be playing the next content update.

I guess Year of Carrats Reign wasn’t so Eternal after all.. sorry my little Rat buddies, you will be missed! :( 

Let the spring beefalos have 'em

Great to see this amazing game still has a growing community! This game has come so far from where it began. I personally haven't been around since the beginning, but I like to think I've been here longer than most. I hope to continue to watch it grow. One aspect that I think a lot of people would enjoy is the addition of the Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC from the base game Don't Starve. I understand that this would probably never happen, but I've always wished to experience these difficult worlds with my friends. Reign of Giants is already a free addition to Don't Starve Together, so if these DLCs ever made it to this game, maybe they would only be accessible to those who own the Hamlet/Shipwrecked DLC? Even if this never happens though, the game at its current state is enough to endlessly entertain any player. Keep up the good work!

On 2/8/2020 at 12:54 AM, JoeW said:

dst_roadmap_2020.png

Hey everybody. Just taking a moment to check-in and update you all with the roadmap for 2020.

Please note that roadmaps are provided to give the community a sense on what we are working on and what is driving our decisions for what we are focusing on in the coming year. None of this is a promise or a guarantee. We always prioritize quality over deadlines and all dates and timelines are estimated to the best of our current ability. Many long time fans will know that we often add new things to these plans which often shifts things around a bit, so it is recommended to avoid scheduling your vacation plans around our dates.

This roadmap is subject to change at any time, but as we have done in the past, if any of this does change significantly we will post new information as we have it. 

A quick recap of 2019. 

2019 was a fantastic year for DST. We added four new characters to the game and we refreshed three more characters. We also had three substantial content updates with Return of them: Turn of Tides, Salty Dog and Hook Line and Inker. We also saw big updates to our holiday events Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast and Year of the Carrat. During all of that we hit our highest player concurrency record back in April (during a free weekend) and after that craziness had stabilized we just saw our second highest concurrency last week. 

For those of you who aren't super into numbers, what that means is that Don't Starve Together is still growing quite nicely. This is also a clear indicator that our plan of character refreshes, content updates and new characters has been working to help keep a healthy community and continues to keep the game interesting for new and returning players.  

On that note, we're still very aware that many people want to see events like The Forge and The Gorge come back. While we are not prepared for that right now, we do understand that this is something many of you are interested in and we are still discussing ways to address this in the future.

ReForged and Re-Gorge-itated are both super good so until we have something new we want to contribute, you should check those out. 
Re-Gorge-itated: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918927570
ReForged: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1938752683

Oh, and not for nothing, we took great strides in console support. We didn't always hit the mark, but most everything we can control directly has been working out quite well over the past year or so. We will continue improving console support as best we can through 2020. 

What we're doing in 2020

We're going to continue with generally the same plan as last year. More character refreshes and content. However, at this time we aren't going to commit to a specific number of new characters. While the new characters were very well received and successful in selling well enough to help fund development we also don't want to add new characters just for the sake of it. With that being said we are currently in the process of creating at least one entirely new character for the future and we will have more information about them as we get closer to release. 

For our update timeline, we expect that we will have something being launched at least once a month. We don't want to do more updates in a shorter period of time so we can be sure the updates are more substantial and interesting. Depending on how that lines up we may see a couple updates during some months and sometimes we may go a little past a month for the next update, but our goal is that you have something interesting to look forward too at least once a month. 

Our first character refresh is a bit of a secret at the moment - but you might be able to guess. You will be seeing more info about that during the first or second week of March. For now, enjoy this small teaser from the update trailer we are working on.

whocoulditbe_BG.png

Lore. Yep. I said Lore. 

Something we know everybody wants is more lore. I am not going to say much more for now. But we know you want more lore.  It would be smart from this point on to get back into scrutinizing things we put out for secrets. Not everything, but keep your eyes open. Not this post though. There are no secrets in this post. So scrutinizing this post would probably be a waste of your time. Probably. (But really, there is nothing to find here. You'll know when there is something to be found.) 

While Maxwell enjoyed hiding little secrets for you to find and seemed to bask in your attention, Charlie has been quite content to work from the shadows, planning and patiently working to put her pieces into play. Things will become much more apparent as her plans become to take shape and she finally takes center stage. 

The other stuff. 

We're also going to continue doing other cool new things. We really want to work on Klei Rewards more and streaming items have been really popular so we're thinking of new and interesting things to do with these while continuing to support them throughout the year. 

And finally. 

We're also aware than some players would like us to make more substantial changes to the overall base game of Don't Starve Together and change things up a bit. While this is not a focus right now, we do understand this is something that is being discussed and I invite you to continue those conversations. Don't Starve Together isn't going away any time soon, so keep it coming.

All of your feedback really helps us figure out where we want to put our resources and it goes a long way in helping us decide which direction to steer the ship. You're all a huge part of the growth of DST and we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for hanging out with us and sharing your fun stories and interesting ideas. Please keep sending us your thoughts and feedback and we'll keep trying our best to build the world of Don't Starve Together in new and interesting ways. 

Have fun out there!

I had a question. Were was added to game 3 season of the Forge?

5 hours ago, Aigaro_TG said:

I had a question. Were was added to game 3 season of the Forge?

there will not be more forge for the moment, if you play on computer you can use mods to play it

5 hours ago, Aigaro_TG said:

On that note, we're still very aware that many people want to see events like The Forge and The Gorge come back. While we are not prepared for that right now, we do understand that this is something many of you are interested in and we are still discussing ways to address this in the future.

ReForged and Re-Gorge-itated are both super good so until we have something new we want to contribute, you should check those out. 
Re-Gorge-itated: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1918927570
ReForged: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1938752683

from your quote

Archived