[Game Update] - 392118

• Developer
  • Rocket landing notification renamed, uses the correct rocket name, and dismisses itself shortly
  • Fix for Sort IComparer crashes - this will also correct many instances of dupes fetching items of the incorrect priority
  • Solar Panels removed from Power Station description. Doesn't change functionality as solar panels couldn't be tinkered before.
  • Fix crash when objects in Incubators are destroyed.
  • Fix crash when dupes with balloons enter rockets
  • Adjust some inconsistent buttons orders on building status - Some buttons will move around, but Deconstruct will usually be in the top-left position

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

Any chance to fix this?

It is actually has nothing to do with tinkering, but with creatures and room tracker. Affect (probably ) farm tinkering too(no one noticed because it is quick action), fix may also help with performance. (well maybe)

• Developer
3 minutes ago, WeSaidMeh said:

Does anyone else notice a severe performance drop with this patch?

My cycle 2700 colony went down from ~30fps in the previous patch (also testing branch) to 10-15fps now. Quite a bummer.

Hi, can you post your save that you're observing this for?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

Hi, can you post your save that you're observing this for?

It's attached. However, I did some more testing and performance went back up after disabling mods, so it's most likely mod related and not a core game issue. Gotta find that mod now that has this huge performance impact.

But it remains strange, though. The very same game with the same mods ran with perfectly fine performance a few days ago. Might be related the API version change in 391330 and I have to wait for my mods to be recompiled. Just fishing in the dark here.

Bunker.sav

Edit (solved): I've narrowed down the problem. It was the mod Efficient Supply that cut performance in half and worse with the latest patches. So if anyone else encounters performance problems, check for this mod, and disable/uninstall it.

Edited by WeSaidMeh
  • Thanks 2

• Developer
47 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Question: When this goes live, i assume many of the mods out there will break, and have to be recompiled against the new API. Will we get the option to delay the patch, or go back to the current version, until (most) of the mod authors are ready?

From what I've seen so far, most mods are not intrinsically broken from the .NET update (Just the usual amount of breakage).  If this does not line up with what you're seeing on the testing branch, let us know.

• Thanks 2

I'm witnessing a strange behaviour where dupes keep picking up sand, walk a couple of blocks and then let it fall. Some other dupes then bring the sand back to the storage and the cycle repeats forever...

I'm attaching the save. I'm playing with mods, though nothing that should affect the priorities/behaviour of dupes.

Luxury Rat's Nest.sav

2 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

I'm witnessing a strange behaviour where dupes keep picking up sand, walk a couple of blocks and then let it fall. Some other dupes then bring the sand back to the storage and the cycle repeats forever...

I'm attaching the save. I'm playing with mods, though nothing that should affect the priorities/behaviour of dupes.

Luxury Rat's Nest.sav

When you want fun, build a loooong ladderpath, where they drop items.
Very old behavior for me, i called it "loop of doom"  a year back.
They did it not only with sand, but with sand it's best to watch, when you run many deodorizers.

Edited by Oozinator
  • Haha 1

• Developer
5 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

Luxury Rat's Nest.sav

I loaded this up without mods, and I didn't notice this behavior, but I might not have been looking in the right place or at the right dupes.

Does the bug manifest when you load this save on the testing branch without mods? If so, does it also occur on the current live release?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:

I loaded this up without mods, and I didn't notice this behavior, but I might not have been looking in the right place or at the right dupes.

Does the bug manifest when you load this save on the testing branch without mods? If so, does it also occur on the current live release?

I disabled all mods and I've observed the same pattern. Sometimes the cycle stops for a while and then starts again.

Dupes not always manage to walk far enough, they simply pick the sand up and then drop it where they are standing.

Try to zoom in to enlarge the spot between the storage containers with the sand and the showers.

I cannot try this with the live release, since the game won't load my saved game.

15 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

I disabled all mods and I've observed the same pattern. Sometimes the cycle stops for a while and then starts again.

Dupes not always manage to walk far enough, they simply pick the sand up and then drop it where they are standing.

Try to zoom in to enlarge the spot between the storage containers with the sand and the showers.

I cannot try this with the live release, since the game won't load my saved game.

Do you have a triple door airlock or other automated door system along the path from the debris to the destination? These kind of systems disrupt pathing. If a dupe's path becomes invalid, even for a short time, they'll drop what they're doing and pick a new task. 

Edited by Chipplyman

5 hours ago, Chipplyman said:

Do you have a triple door airlock or other automated door system along the path from the debris to the destination? These kind of systems disrupt pathing. If a dupe's path becomes invalid, even for a short time, they'll drop what they're doing and pick a new task. 

I suspected something similar, but there's nothing in my base which could cause that kind of interruption, I've checked every path regarding sand delivery and they're all clear. I've also demolished several purifiers.

18 hours ago, DMFan79 said:

I've checked every path regarding sand delivery and they're all clear.

Select a duplicant that goes to the bin and picks up the sand, and then check where the duplicants path is going. This will tell you exactly where it is going. No need to guess.

Once you know where it is going you can monitor the route and/or building to see if the path or the errand are interrupted.

Both the duplicants To-Do list and a buildings Errands list are invaluable tools to help figure out what is happening on these situations.

3 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Select a duplicant that goes to the bin and picks up the sand, and then check where the duplicants path is going. This will tell you exactly where it is going. No need to guess.

Once you know where it is going you can monitor the route and/or building to see if the path or the errand are interrupted.

Both the duplicants To-Do list and a buildings Errands list are invaluable tools to help figure out what is happening on these situations.

I checked that of course. There is no task linked with the dupe's action.

@DMFan79 I have seen dupes "snipe" each other's scheduled tasks for a long while.

A dupe goes to do something, like delivering or digging, but along the way another dupe already started doing the task, the first dupe stops in it's tracks and does nothing for a short while, and drops anything it has on its hands. The dupe that sniped the task also stops doing the task it sniped for some reason and then another dupe tries to do the same task and goes to snipe.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by melquiades
English is not that hard really -_-'
  • Thanks 2