WX78: DIY Gears

Wickerbottom: Steamed veggies

Maxwell: Something rich for the king

Woodie: Wood

Wigfrid: Raw meat piled together

Webber: Sweets

Warly: The soup he made for granny

Wormwood: Poopcake

Wortox: Something alive and he murders the food instead of eats (get 1 soul and the stats of the food)

Wurt: Kelp salad

Winona: Rations

Wes: Souls

Maybe character preferences. For example: Webber gets 33% more stats from monster lasagna. Woodie gets 33% more stats from turkey dinner (he hates birds and thanksgiving is mentioned in his bio). Wormwood gets 33% more stats from flower salad. Wickerbottom gets 33% more stats from pumpkin cookies. Webber gets 33% more stats from fish tacos/fish sticks. 

This would make various foods viable instead of relying on pierogi and meatballs all the time.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

This would make various foods viable instead of relying on pierogi and meatballs all the time

Or just you know, stick to whats works since pierogi and meaty stew is exremely easy to mass produce. If they also made the preferences to obscure dishes then they wouldn't get made any way. Why would I spend time to mass produce stuffed eggplant whem pierogi is still easier to make and is more nutritional then stuffed eggplant (except for sanity but cooked cactus can easily take care of that).

1 hour ago, metallichydra said:

wicker's favorite food is fish sticks.

Hmm, close call between fish sticks and pumpkin cookies to be honest:

Fishsticks: Give me some tartar sauce and I'm in heaven.

Pumpkin Cookies: Pumpkin biscuits, godly.

But she likes fishy and saucy things apparently because to Ceviche she says: Could use a little more sauce. For Fish tacos she says: "I do like a spot of spice on my fish" and for Goacamole she says: "I always make it for science day at the library". And for Salsa Fresca she says: My goodness, that has some zest to it.

As a result, I'd say her favorite is Surf 'n' Turf, she says: "The perfect dish" to that, which is both fishy and has a sauce so we have a winner.

Even though I don't think this should be implemented I had fun thinking about a meal for a few characters

Wilson: Experiment N° 9 (Vial filled with potion like liquid with varying effects)

Willow: Something burnt?

Wolfgang: The Mountain (Big meat x1, Small meat x1, Egg x1, Banana x1) (Just an amalgamation of protein rich food)

WX78: Nuts & Bolts (Gear x1, Frazzled wires x3) (Nuts and bolts in a bowl and a spoon, like cereal)

Woodie: Bark chips (Log x2, Twig x2) (Dried tree skin for quick snacking)

Wes: Nuffin Muffin (You guess what it's made of x4) (Just a muffin cup with nuffin inside)

Wigfrid: Ödin's Butterbeer(d) (Butter x1, Ice x2, Honey x1) (Get it? Ok)

Webber: Mosquito Grub (Mosquito x2, Butterfly wing x2) (Slimy yet satisfying, served on a leaf)

Wormwood: Mud Cake (Manure x1, Rot x1, Twig x2)

Wortox: Souls Shake (Souls x2, Ice x2)

Wurt: Smelly Durian Pie (Durian x1, Twig x3)

I really dislike the idea of turning the game into Warly Cooking Edition Volume 1- Theres a reason I do not play as Warly... I hate how you can literally feed this dude an entire kitchen full of food but yet somehow he magically still starves to death. Because “I want to eat something Different.”

I understand that it’s a video game and that Warly by game design is intended to cook a large variety of different Meals in order to stay alive- but in reality if you are ACTUALLY starving you’d eat pretty much anything and you’ll either learn to like it or you will starve.

what I definitely DO NOT WANT is for every character in the game to become as picky as Warly in food choice- Wurt gets by just fine eating a few plucked carrots out of the ground, I shouldn’t have to make multiple different types of Salads each time she grew hungry.

I kind of like this idea , just make the food item give a nice , but short perk . Make it so you can only possess one or have 1 maximum on the map per charactor. When it is consumed then you can crockpot a new one.That way its not exploited. Just make it a very optional thing that gives a small perk. And ideally the ingrediants should be a little tricky to obtain

10 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

Or just you know, stick to whats works since pierogi and meaty stew is exremely easy to mass produce. If they also made the preferences to obscure dishes then they wouldn't get made any way. Why would I spend time to mass produce stuffed eggplant whem pierogi is still easier to make and is more nutritional then stuffed eggplant (except for sanity but cooked cactus can easily take care of that).

They wouldn't get made by you, sure. I see some Wurt players farming exclusively Durians even though dragonpies are leagues better. "Why would I spend my time..." Just don't. Stick to how you play the game but don't let that be an argument for not implementing more character specific playstyles. I've seen quite a bit calls for food preferences, a lot of people play the game to be immersed in their world and the characters who reside. Not everyone is a sweat who aims for max efficiency strategies. The community is made up of much more casual players than the forums represent, I doubt that a significant portion of them have automated pig/spider farms to cook 60 pierogies and 20 meaty stews daily. 

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I really dislike the idea of turning the game into Warly Cooking Edition Volume 1- Theres a reason I do not play as Warly... I hate how you can literally feed this dude an entire kitchen full of food but yet somehow he magically still starves to death. Because “I want to eat something Different.”

I understand that it’s a video game and that Warly by game design is intended to cook a large variety of different Meals in order to stay alive- but in reality if you are ACTUALLY starving you’d eat pretty much anything and you’ll either learn to like it or you will starve.

what I definitely DO NOT WANT is for every character in the game to become as picky as Warly in food choice- Wurt gets by just fine eating a few plucked carrots out of the ground, I shouldn’t have to make multiple different types of Salads each time she grew hungry.

For this reason, I'd say that Warly should only receive less health and sanity for repeated dishes. Just because you don't want to eat the same thing over and over again doesn't mean that it won't fill you up. Having that downside on a character that already has faster hunger drain never really made sense to me. I like the challenge but I feel as though Warly could use a buff.

5 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

For this reason, I'd say that Warly should only receive less health and sanity for repeated dishes. Just because you don't want to eat the same thing over and over again doesn't mean that it won't fill you up. Having that downside on a character that already has faster hunger drain never really made sense to me. I like the challenge but I feel as though Warly could use a buff.

erm, Wouldn't that be entirely against Warly's point? What makes him have a unique gamestyle is how he's the only character (save for Wurt) that can't negate hunger in the game forever just by killing birds and adding ice; he has to be creative to nourish himself and that is a fun game style in my opinion, albeit challenging for those who don't know or care about the many dishes this game offers. Without hunger granting diminishing returns, Warly wouldn't be Warly, he'd just be Wormwood lite with regards to how he cannot depend on the same healing food to heal himself.

17 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

erm, Wouldn't that be entirely against Warly's point? What makes him have a unique gamestyle is how he's the only character (save for Wurt) that can't negate hunger in the game forever just by killing birds and adding ice; he has to be creative to nourish himself and that is a fun game style in my opinion, albeit challenging for those who don't know or care about the many dishes this game offers. Without hunger granting diminishing returns, Warly wouldn't be Warly, he'd just be Wormwood lite with regards to how he cannot depend on the same healing food to heal himself.

The game doesn’t NEED 500 different unique food dishes to make Hunger more challenging.

All they really need to do is Nerf Meatballs & Ice.

like seriously.. it makes no sense at all why I can put 1 Monster Meat and 3 Ice into a cooking pot and bam Meatballs.

We Don’t have to turn everyone into Warly.. we simply need Meatballs to require more meat than 1 tiny Morsel- and for Using 3 Ice with ANYTHING to always result in Wet Goop.

You talk about Wurt like she’s hard to manage on Hunger and I find that rather hilarious honestly because I have no trouble at all Managing Wurts Hunger, I can eat berries and carrots directly from their source and live pretty much year round, prior to Winter Season you stock up for Winter right before hand, like a Squirrel would In real life.. and then once Winter is over you can use your farms again.

Also here’s a Wurt tip: Berries and Carrots will not start to spoil until they are picked from their source area, so leave them hanging on their trees until late into winter when you REALLY need them!

The sheer abundance of Vegetable and Fruits Wurt can continuously eat over and over again simply can’t ever be held in compression to Warly and his Annoying Starvation Mechanics for not getting to eat a large variety of different unique foods.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

like seriously.. it makes no sense at all why I can put 1 Monster Meat and 3 Ice into a cooking pot and bam Meatballs.

no matter the logic or how impossible it is. its all about units of every food.

video games weakness are logic all the time and if you want to make a game realistic then it'll end up into a joke game.

:wilsondisapproving:

Archived