Did i imagine it?

1 minute ago, Kawasaki said:

I swear i saw somewhere a Dev/Admin/Mod say they are making something special for Winter season? And now i cant find it anywhere. Did i imagine it?

You mean the Winters Feast event? Yeah it should start around the beginning of December, I’m in no rush for it to get here though- I’m hoping to get at least one more chance at Creepy Cauldron and WendyFlower skins from the Current Hallowed Nights Event. (But my skin drops won’t rest until tomorrow night..)

Just now, Kawasaki said:

I swear i saw somewhere a Dev/Admin/Mod say they are making something special for Winter season? And now i cant find it anywhere. Did i imagine it?

On 11/7/2019 at 2:54 PM, JoeW said:

We'll probably run it right up to Winter's Feast like we did in the past. We don't have a hard date for ending the event, when we do have a set date, we'll announce it probably about a week ahead of time. 

Might be this but not sure. Im like you OP, I thought they mentioned big plans for Winters feast too.

33 minutes ago, Kawasaki said:

On 10/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, JoeW said:

Hallowed Nights will return October 24th! For the most part, Hallowed Nights will remain the same as last year but we threw in a couple new tricks and treats for you. The team is really focused on Return of Them content right now, and will be taking a short break from RoT after the next release as we prepare for Winter's Feast!

I had trouble finding this a little while ago too. Turns out it was in the Wurt/Hallowed Nights announcement post.

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I had trouble finding this a little while ago too. Turns out it was in the Wurt/Hallowed Nights announcement post.

Yes they only said that they will be taking a short break from RoT after the next release as they prepare for Winter's Feast.

Nah i am not talking about the normal Winer Feast event. I swear i saw them just mention that they will have something big planned for this winter event and i got so hyped :D and now i was like wait a minute did they really say that? And i started searching but all i could find are these quotes you put up here wich dont indicate they will be doing something big sadly :( . I was hoping for some Forge/Gorge scale event.

Hmmm a couple of people here recall the same thing, but we cant find any good evidence hmmmmm *tinfoilhat*
ajGz0oqK_700wa_0.gif

Or maybe its just one big "Mandela Effect" who knows.

Yea, I think you're referring to this line 

"The team is really focused on Return of Them content right now, and will be taking a short break from RoT after the next release as we prepare for Winter's Feast!"

I too got the impression that they want to do at least something new for this Winter's feast, putting special effort for it instead of just returning the same event like last year. But didn't get any indication of "something big planned" that might have been your sub-conscience, coming off from that note of the developers. I believe we'll finally get a second part to the Snowfallen collection and perhaps some moon/seafaring twist to winter's feast-or a general new mechanism.

Can anyone please tell me what the Treasury Is??? I have had it in my game since buying it back in September 2017 but have never had any items EVER show up there on the Xbox One.the description simply reads “Open chests to receive new Curios” But I’ve never gotten a chest.

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can anyone please tell me what the Treasury Is??? I have had it in my game since buying it back in September 2017 but have never had any items EVER show up there on the Xbox One.the description simply reads “Open chests to receive new Curios” But I’ve never gotten a chest.

at certain events like Forge, Year of the Pig King, Winter's Feast etc, drops and loots you get come as "chests" instead of single items like a t-shirt or skirt. When a chest drops, you can't just open it immediately unlike regular cosmetic drops, they are saved in your treasury. So the treasury is simply where your chest drops are saved and you can open them to get 4 items from each.

It's really similar to how you obtain items when you buy a set from the shop, it gives you a chest, and showcases each item you get from the chest one by one with epic fanfare in the background. Treasury does the same, opening chests and showcasing each item one by one with fanfare and confetti (W00000, YOU GOT A BLUE T-SHIRT, YAAAH HEE HOO!). It's basically useless when there isn't an event with chest drops going on, like right now. (Although I vaguely remember one of the past Hallowed Nights events dropping spooky pumpkin chests as drops. Well that might just be my imagination, I hardly ever played Hallowed nights anyway when Forge was going on).

38 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Events (Forge/Gorge, and even small ones) used to give chest drops (which opened up into four skins). However this system seems to have been retired (or at least not used) since the drop rates got increased.

9 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Events (Forge/Gorge, and even small ones) used to give chest drops (which opened up into four skins). However this system seems to have been retired (or at least not used) since the drop rates got increased.

So in otherwords.. as long as the Forge & Gorge events are likely not ever coming back it’s a completely useless menu option to me that won’t ever serve any purpose?

I thought the amount of skins you could get in a week from drop rates was capped off at 8 anyway, so a chest containing 4 would just mean you’d be waiting that much longer for the skin drops to reset.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

So in otherwords.. as long as the Forge & Gorge events are likely not ever coming back it’s a completely useless menu option to me that won’t ever serve any purpose?

I thought the amount of skins you could get in a week from drop rates was capped off at 8 anyway, so a chest containing 4 would just mean you’d be waiting that much longer for the skin drops to reset.

You get 8 gift boxes maximum, you could theoretically get 8 chests on one week once the events come back.

:( but those events aren’t ever coming back.. there’s a post about it somewhere where the developers state that running the servers for the events was costing them more money then they were actually making off people playing/Buying skins. They’ve also stated that any further content that they create they want to be permanent world content to the Core Gameplay of DST.

(hence these RoT Updates)

I never got to play the Gorge/Forge events.. But I will take permanent content I can experience anytime over limited time events any day.

The only Exceptions to this are Hallowed Nights & Winters Feast, which are Seasonal Holiday themed events.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

As Sinance also said, the chests also appear, to my memory as well, on Winter's Feat, which is still ongoing. So while it seems a bit lacking, It's not totally without purpose :) 

On 11/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, Mike23Ua said:

You mean the Winters Feast event? Yeah it should start around the beginning of December, I’m in no rush for it to get here though- I’m hoping to get at least one more chance at Creepy Cauldron and WendyFlower skins from the Current Hallowed Nights Event. (But my skin drops won’t rest until tomorrow night..)

Wait, does the Creepy Cauldron stop dropping after the event?

On 11/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, Mike23Ua said:

but those events aren’t ever coming back

was costing them more money

any further content that they create they want to be permanent world content to the Core Gameplay of DST

All of these statements are exaggerations of what Klei said. 

Okay fine but-

#1- it took wayyy more time then they intended to develop and as such left the core gameplay without the patches and fixes it needed.

#2- Item sales for skin purchases Barley covered the cost of running the servers.

#3- due to Console Certification Process the events were short lived & Underserved for Console players.

Why are you even trying to argue with me on this? Even the most recent patch update (adding year of the Pig King event content into the game permanently and forever) pretty much solidifies my point of “Any future content will be permanent to the core game world itself, Rather then being ran from its own Servers.”

So your next question is how can they do Gorge and Forge content in DST’s Core world right??? Well for that- I’m not a Developer and I do not speak on Behalf of them, but I would Imagine in the same way they did this Pig King update, perhaps adding an Entire Island out in the ocean dedicated to those sets of Themed Content?? 

But As I said- I Do not work for or represent Klei in any way, so Ultimately it is entirely up to them on how they go about events/updates from this point forward.

What I can Speak for is the console version of DST- and over there We have the option to host the events outside of the actual event time, (my worlds are Hallowed Nights all Year Long....) but I can also set them to Year of the Pig King or Winters Feast. There Are NO Options for Gorge & Forge.

Setting your worlds to these event settings do not allow you to unlock event themed cosmetics..  but if your like me... and you want your world to be full of Living Trees decorated in Spooky ghost decorations all year round then, I am not sure about PC.. but on Console you can totally do that.

My intent isn't to argue anything. 

I find people far too often say "Well Klei said...." then proceed to say something definitive which Klei never stated.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

even the most recent patch update pretty much solidifies my point

You're incorrect. Pig king wrestling was always planned to continue after Year of the Pig King. And as I always do when I am referencing Klei I provide a source:

Similar to the Year of the Gobbler and Year of the Varg, We have an update planned for Lunar New Year with a small set of new skins. This update will remain in the base game and will continue to be playable beyond the holiday. 

I believe something caused that plan to be delayed. It probably fell behind in priority relative to other new content.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why are you even trying to argue with me on this? Even the most recent patch update (adding year of the Pig King event content into the game permanently and forever) pretty much solidifies my point of “Any future content will be permanent to the core game world itself, Rather then being ran from its own Servers.”

I think you're confusing the different kind of events. There are the big events (Forge and Gorge), and then there are seasonal events (Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast, and the Lunar New Year events). Big events are unlikely to return, sure, but seasonal events are very much continuing to be a thing. Hallowed Nights is currently happening, and the actual new year-themed Year of the Pig King content like lucky pouches and the pig shrine weren't added in this update.

On 21. 11. 2019 at 6:31 PM, Mike23Ua said:

:( but those events aren’t ever coming back.. there’s a post about it somewhere where the developers state that running the servers for the events was costing them more money then they were actually making off people playing/Buying skins. They’ve also stated that any further content that they create they want to be permanent world content to the Core Gameplay of DST.

Nobody said that the events will never ever come back... propably

Archived