Did i imagine it?

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Nobody said that the events will never ever come back... propably

Yeah I figured this out thanks, but they’ve also openly admitted that doing the events on consoles was too much of a hassle, so I figure the best compromise would be to allow us to host Event themed worlds all year round as permanent gameplay content, Similar to Year of the Pig King, Winters Feast And Hallowed Nights.

but just like with those Unlocking event themed items can’t be possible until the Actual Event starts.

This does two things actually- 

1- It allows the content to already be active on Consoles at all times so that all Klei has to do is fire up the EVENT loot when the actual Event starts.

and 2- it keeps them from having to waste resources & money on servers for the event that could be better spent on new Core Gameplay content.

I figure it’s a Win/Win Situation here! Unless there’s some overly complex problem that I’m not fully understanding that would prevent this from ever being possible. :( 

@Mike23Ua - regarding the Treasury - apart from old-timers reminiscing of past events which dropped these chests - 
5de26f3424e0d_Screenshot2019-11-30at14_31_06.png.542c4181e5de66f5c49aa78f4170e218.png
- it's a bit embarrassing no one has yet mentioned the always-available purpose that Klei silently wants you to use treasury for - opening in-game-purchase/DLC/PoP chests: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Treasury#Proof_of_Purchase_Chests

Not sure how it works on consoles - are "DLC chests" available there? I would expect at least the in-game shop is available.

2 hours ago, myxal said:

@Mike23Ua - regarding the Treasury - apart from old-timers reminiscing of past events which dropped these chests - 
5de26f3424e0d_Screenshot2019-11-30at14_31_06.png.542c4181e5de66f5c49aa78f4170e218.png
- it's a bit embarrassing no one has yet mentioned the always-available purpose that Klei silently wants you to use treasury for - opening in-game-purchase/DLC/PoP chests: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Treasury#Proof_of_Purchase_Chests

Not sure how it works on consoles - are "DLC chests" available there? I would expect at least the in-game shop is available.

No, there’s only a few DLC “Bundles” on consoles, for example if you’ve got 40$ to waste you can buy the entire Forge collection.

20$ For the entire Hallowed Nights Collection.

the Cheapest we’ve got are the 3.99$ Candiana Chest & Whatever Williows was called.

Archived