What constitutes a weapon?

So i am asking this to see what people would constitute as a weapon in game  for the character to use.

I am doing this because i want to do a world where i can not use "weapons" But i need to constitute what a weapon is considering each character has their own ways around this clause.

But just for clarification I would consider a weapon as anything that does damage beyond the characters initial default damage

what other stipulations should apply?

I consider weapons anything that lets you directly damage the enemy.

Weapons:

The obvious: All kinds of blow darts, spears, hambat, shadow sword, thulecite club, whip, batbat... ect. etc.

Not so obvious: Torch, fire staff.

Character specific: Moose transformation

Not weapons:

Generic: Gunpowder, traps, scalemail, red mushrooms, monster meat, allied mobs (pigs, spiders, bunnymen...), setting stuff around the enemy on fire,

Character specific: Wes' balloons, 'On Tentacles', 'The end is Nigh', Wormwood's traps, Wormwoods spike armor.

Can't decide:

Character specific: Abigail, Shadow fighter, Catapults

Probably anything that can't be used as a tool. Can't use a spear to chop trees, unlike an axe though. Not using an axe is almost impossible to replace or compliment considering that: you can't chop wood, pigs can't chop trees unless you start chopping as well, and getting meat to trade with them is also almost impossible. Axes (Lucy included) deal about 17-27.2 damage per hit, so by your stipulations, would be a weapon. Not trying to nitpick, just want to help by throwing out different possibilities. One alternative would (as Woodie) create grass traps to catch spiders in, until you get 6 monster meat. Use the first 3 with some grass to turn into Moose Woodie, and then proceed to charge at trees until you get at least two logs to make a Kitschy Beaver Idol. As Beaver Woodie, the tool you use to chop trees and fight with is his teeth, thus changing his default damage to that value, and gving an alternative to farming logs should you choose to go that route. One final stipulation would probably be anything that can be equipped in the handslot cannot be used as a weapon.

I'd say: any item that can cause harm to other characters and that doesn't have an alternate, non damaging use.

That being said, some items may be difficult to classify. The Dark Sword would be an obvious weapon, as it's sole goal is to damage enemies, but something like the Weather Pain can technically be used to chop down trees, even if this is more of a side-effect.

This would be a very difficult world to live in; torches, lanterns, and willows lighter are weapons. You could start players off with miners hats, but fire flies would run out eventually with no way to open caves for the other refuel option, and while magluminesence is more renewable in the long term, it would require quite a lot of dead beardlings to have any hope of meeting daily needs.

If the reason you're doing this is for a self-imposed challenge, maybe you can use all tools for non-attacking purposes, and just never attack anything unless your hands are empty so you do that slow, weak little punch. Then you can still collect resources like wood and minerals that need tools to get.

Whether or not you want to use traps to catch rabbits, spiders, frogs, etc. would depend on how difficult you want to make the challenge for yourself.

Depends on what the specific intent of this is.
If we're looking at it literally, then attacking while holding just about anything would be restricted.

For a more semantic perspective?

If this is a Pacifist run, then causing harm in any way would be out of the question; you'd have to find ways to coexist with the wildlife. This would include not using bunny traps except for pets/crafting material (if we assume the little fuzzballs are still alive c: ), trying to ditch Hound waves without making them die/be killed as a result...ect.
Even if the world doesn't like you, you don't have to respond in kind to get by.

If this is a Batman run, then that's where strategies like 'make the badguys fight eachother' would come into play. Containment as well; walls, fences, statues...anything that keeps evil in check, so long as it doesn't break the one rule of 'no blood on your hands'.
Beating Bunnymen half to death so that they run away would be totally fine, but killing them wouldn't.

16 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

So i am asking this to see what people would constitute as a weapon in game  for the character to use.

I am doing this because i want to do a world where i can not use "weapons" But i need to constitute what a weapon is considering each character has their own ways around this clause.

But just for clarification I would consider a weapon as anything that does damage beyond the characters initial default damage

what other stipulations should apply?

Look just to clarify- if you can play this game just by walking around and punching the hound waves that chase after you in the face without any type of weapon at all without dying a horrible death- then no offense but it’s probably time for you to find a new game to play.. 

Nothing in this game will ever be challenging to you again, Congratulations you are a Master of the Constant.

On 28/10/2019 at 1:28 AM, Owlrus98 said:

Probably anything that can't be used as a tool. Can't use a spear to chop trees, unlike an axe though. Not using an axe is almost impossible to replace or compliment considering that: you can't chop wood, pigs can't chop trees unless you start chopping as well, and getting meat to trade with them is also almost impossible. Axes (Lucy included) deal about 17-27.2 damage per hit, so by your stipulations, would be a weapon. Not trying to nitpick, just want to help by throwing out different possibilities. One alternative would (as Woodie) create grass traps to catch spiders in, until you get 6 monster meat. Use the first 3 with some grass to turn into Moose Woodie, and then proceed to charge at trees until you get at least two logs to make a Kitschy Beaver Idol. As Beaver Woodie, the tool you use to chop trees and fight with is his teeth, thus changing his default damage to that value, and gving an alternative to farming logs should you choose to go that route. One final stipulation would probably be anything that can be equipped in the handslot cannot be used as a weapon.

Eh,you forgot about the halberd?

And that being said,EVERYTHING can be the weapon,include the other mobs,such as (clockwork rook)WES

Archived