come on Klei

pc has wurt and hallowed nights, ps4 has wurt and hallowed nights, x box has neither and there is no reason. you can't say console problems because ps4 has the update. maybe you could say that there might be problems with specifically Microsoft but it shouldn't take that long to resolve. maybe i'm an idiot and there is a good reason for this, maybe it's just a bug, but no matter what i wan't answers.

That’s the problem, Xbox does not usually update their Microsoft Store content until on a Tuesday, I found it slightly odd that Hallowed Nights was launching ahead of Xbox’s (fairly strict) Tuesday’s time frame.

There are some games (mostly the ones that are hosted Server Side over Online) that can and often do get updates outside of the Tuesday’s Schedule but those games are limited to the ones that are mostly Online Only or are Major game companies such as Rockstar with GTA Online & Red Dead Online.

I just hope that the update comes to Xbox before the Tuesday thing... otherwise we got a long wait ahead of us guys! lol 

What I do know- is that because of this mishap the loot drops that would’ve Otherwise had a much much higher chance of giving me some cool Halloween skins & goodies today, instead dropped the same basic junk loot. :(

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What I do know- is that because of this mishap the loot drops that would’ve Otherwise had a much much higher chance of giving me some cool Halloween skins & goodies today, instead dropped the same basic junk loot

The drops are determined by our servers, so even if you are stuck on the old build, you'll still be earning items with the hallowed nights rate.

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

That’s the problem, Xbox does not usually update their Microsoft Store content until on a Tuesday, I found it slightly odd that Hallowed Nights was launching ahead of Xbox’s (fairly strict) Tuesday’s time frame.

This is what I don’t understand about Klei. I’m a ps4 user. They should definitely know about the stores they’re releasing their games on and all of the rules that go along with each one. Blaming console companies for taking time for certification is a very poor excuse imo. As a company they should be trying to submit a Halloween event for certification maybe a few weeks before Halloween..? Especially if they know certification is a long process. It’s not the first time they’ve blamed certification.  If consoles take long to certify, submit for certification earlier.  I don’t know of any other companies who constantly have the same problem. 

1 hour ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

This is what I don’t understand about Klei. I’m a ps4 user. They should definitely know about the stores they’re releasing their games on and all of the rules that go along with each one. Blaming console companies for taking time for certification is a very poor excuse imo. As a company they should be trying to submit a Halloween event for certification maybe a few weeks before Halloween..? Especially if they know certification is a long process. It’s not the first time they’ve blamed certification.  If consoles take long to certify, submit for certification earlier.  I don’t know of any other companies who constantly have the same problem. 

Klei: *does the thing earlier but it still takes time for no reason*

Roxx: REEE

53 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Klei: *does the thing earlier but it still takes time for no reason*

Roxx: REEE

I’m just saying. I’d hate to be an Xbox user this time around. Why does one group always get left behind? 

33 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

orrrrr... maybe the build wasn't ready yet?

updates don't just poof into thin air, you know.

I do agree. I’m sure Klei has been doing a ton of work lately. The game is getting a lot of love. 

3 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

In this circumstance - the only way we could have avoided this would have been to never have announced the event was going to go live. Wait until PS4 and Xbox ACTUALLY go live and then set it live for everybody else... 

This was not something we could have anticipated or we would have noted that it was coming later like we usually do in those cases. 

31 minutes ago, JoeW said:

In this circumstance - the only way we could have avoided this would have been to never have announced the event was going to go live. Wait until PS4 and Xbox ACTUALLY go live and then set it live for everybody else... 

This was not something we could have anticipated or we would have noted that it was coming later like we usually do in those cases. 

It’s up on all consoles now (and has been for awhile) there’s a few glitches here and there (like when you put the Rusty Sycthe Pickaxe on the ground it becomes invisible until you pick it back up again..)  but nothing game breaking. Thanks for this Awesome Update!! 

I love the new Twitch Firepit, but I keep having to remind myself that it only looks awesome.. it doesn’t actually cook anything :D lol

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey JoeW! 
Great job with Return of Them, Wurt and Hallowed Nights! Everything has been amazing so far. I appreciate all the hard work. I just happened to come across this post and felt bad because I’ve been there. 
Would it have been possible to submit everything to consoles for Hallowed Nights earlier? Or did Wurt change everything? You’ve been doing a very good job actually at keeping both consoles and pc much closer together with release dates than they’ve ever been in the past. Thanks! 
Keep up the good work! 

Would it have been possible to submit everything to consoles for Hallowed Nights earlier?

What is it exactly that you think they did? Finish the update and then just sit on it for a while before submitting it to these ridiculous console companies? 

2 minutes ago, Rosten said:

Literally every single multi-platform game has this problem. It's not Klei exclusive and it's not Klei's fault. 

This is where I disagree. I play multi-platform games and never see staggered releases between platforms. I’m sure yes it happens, but not for every single release. 

17 hours ago, Finnja said:

maybe i'm an idiot and there is a good reason for this, maybe it's just a bug, but no matter what i wan't answers.

I just read this post and felt bad for them. 

Guys, if you would actually take the time to read and not jump to conclusions you would see that they have already done all they can. Don't blame them. Stop bashing Klei they are trying their best.

13 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

Klei: Spends time, and money making an update for everyones benefit. and putting in effort. With HOURS AND HOURS A DAY

DynamicRoxx: But you hurt me feelingsssssssssss, I want the update sooner because I complain and bash the best company in the worrldd REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

14 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Guys, if you would actually take the time to read and not jump to conclusions you would see that they have already done all they can. Don't blame them. Stop bashing Klei they are trying their best.

Klei: Spends time, and money making an update for everyones benefit. and putting in effort. With HOURS AND HOURS A DAY

DynamicRoxx: But you hurt me feelingsssssssssss, I want the update sooner because I complain and bash the best company in the worrldd REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got the update exactly when I thought it was going to come. Nothing effected me personally. 

This is where I disagree. I play multi-platform games and never see staggered releases between platforms. I’m sure yes it happens, but not for every single release. 

If you're referring to Epic and Fortnite, I'm gonna have to stop you right there. Epic purposefully keeps Fortnite in Early Access to be able to push updates as frequently as they do.

Can you guys please just shut up with making fun of Roxx? He's obviously trying to be civil with this conversation, and you guys still insult him, even if you mean it as a joke. Just because his opinions are unpopular, doesn't mean you guys have to be dicks about it. Honestly.

Lets try and keep it cool here. While its true Klei can't be perfect when it comes to this, it feels like there is some room for improvement. I see it time and time again, a new content update drops and instead of being excited console players just get to speculate when it will actually release. I'm not a console player, but I can completely understand the frustration. This disappointment is understandable. Klei has seemingly been making an effort to improve this and I hope they do. I just wish some people would try to understand.... why so many console players are upset. It's rough and I'm not sure what can be done to improve it, as i have little no knowledge of how this kind of stuff works. This stuff gets messy, but I suppose Klei knew what they were getting themselves into by porting the game to consoles.

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

In another thread, it seemed like they were doing 18 hours of work on the day before the Wurt update came in.

18 hours? I certainly hope this isn't true. This isn't healthy and seemingly hasn't been working out for anyone, since the Wurt update still released broken. I think we can.. understand delays.. as long as that results in quality content.

first of all i want to apologize for being so rash and blaming klei instead of who is at fault. [microsoft] but with the new update is there any news on wurt on xbox and hallowed nights? i can't check right now because i'm about to go to bed. 

Archived