Possible DST Lore Conclusion

So I was thinking about the various ways that the DS/T Lore could possibly end. I keep hearing people say that it will probably be related to the Nightmare Throne, but I have a different idea. What if Wagstaff were to enter the constant in DST, but the one difference would be that he (and only he) had the knowledge of how to build a time travel device. It wouldn't be out of place, because we already know that Wagstaff is far superior to the other survivors in terms of technological knowledge. Wagstaff would join forces with the other survivors to build his time machine. Once built, they would go back in time to the age of the Ancients, before the great cataclysm that led to their downfall, and with the Maxwell's knowledge of Nightmare Fuel, Wagstaff's knowledge of technology and all of each character's skills, they would engage in a final battle against "Them" and stop the cataclysm before it even happened, resulting in both "Them" being vanquished and the Ancients being saved. Maxwell would of course have to sacrifice himself to save both the world and Charlie because of all the evil done in his name, and this would finally give him peace. The Nightmare Throne would subsequently collapse and Charlie would be freed from the control of "Them".

34 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

So I was thinking about the various ways that the DS/T Lore could possibly end. I keep hearing people say that it will probably be related to the Nightmare Throne, but I have a different idea. What if Wagstaff were to enter the constant in DST, but the one difference would be that he (and only he) had the knowledge of how to build a time travel device. It wouldn't be out of place, because we already know that Wagstaff is far superior to the other survivors in terms of technological knowledge. Wagstaff would join forces with the other survivors to build his time machine. Once built, they would go back in time to the age of the Ancients, before the great cataclysm that led to their downfall, and with the Maxwell's knowledge of Nightmare Fuel, Wagstaff's knowledge of technology and all of each character's skills, they would engage in a final battle against "Them" and stop the cataclysm before it even happened, resulting in both "Them" being vanquished and the Ancients being saved. Maxwell would of course have to sacrifice himself to save both the world and Charlie because of all the evil done in his name, and this would finally give him peace. The Nightmare Throne would subsequently collapse and Charlie would be freed from the control of "Them".

It’s more likely wagstaff is gonna be a piece of manure and take over the nightmare throne and then we’ll have to kill him with Charlie’s help or something.

What if everyone who enters the constant actually died in the real world?? And the constant was in fact some form of endless purgatory between heaven and hell, where every time you die, you just live all over again.

Think about it- Winona is supposed to be pulled through the portal by her Sister.. but what actually happens is the machine collapses she’s working on collapses down on top of her and the factory explodes. 

Wilson is minding his own business in his house after failing to mix chemicals that explode in his face and then the Voxola machine sucks him into the constant- but what if the chemicals that exploded were actually acid like and poor Wilson in reality sit in his chair until the flesh was burned off his face?

to top all that off there’s some devil Krampii who is actually running around in the constant & comes after you when you do enough naughty things... this game is just too weird. Lol

3 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

time travel device.

Please no time travel, it always make stories confusing and full of loopholes.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And the constant was in fact some form of endless purgatory between heaven and hell, where every time you die, you just live all over again.

Isn't it the most common solution to most stories, like i think i heard that over and over again, there is always that one theory about stories that just implies that it was all just a dream or they were in mental hospital and imaginated the whole thing or something i don't even know, weird.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

What if everyone who enters the constant actually died in the real world?? And the constant was in fact some form of endless purgatory between heaven and hell, where every time you die, you just live all over again.

Think about it- Winona is supposed to be pulled through the portal by her Sister.. but what actually happens is the machine collapses she’s working on collapses down on top of her and the factory explodes. 

Wilson is minding his own business in his house after failing to mix chemicals that explode in his face and then the Voxola machine sucks him into the constant- but what if the chemicals that exploded were actually acid like and poor Wilson in reality sit in his chair until the flesh was burned off his face?

to top all that off there’s some devil Krampii who is actually running around in the constant & comes after you when you do enough naughty things... this game is just too weird. Lol

What if it works based similar to  the entity in dead by daylight. It copies real world places where disaster struck, but it can never fully complete them putting in noticable differences. Cause remember this is "Maxwells world" we were basically noobs joining in an late game world but the original player vanished, Maxwell even states him creating and making most creatures their and remembering ghost of failed survivors. In return of them( and a new reign) were seeing things that maxwell and the player never seen before. But I do like what your theory is though.

If any of this ends in a happy ending I am going to be extremely pissed off.

Dont Starve's "ending" was great until DST just deleted it.

Just like Dont Starve, Mark of the Ninja, and Invisible Inc, I want an ending that is satisfying, yet inconclusive, perhaps a bit macabre too.

Makes no sense for "them" to be stopped, cosmic horror stops being horror when you can just stop it.

I would either want "them" to fully spill out into the real world, everything else to be sucked into the constant, or at the very least, every character to lock themselves off alongside "them", a conclusive ending, but not really a happy one either.

With saving Charlie being optional to any of these endings.

Or something even better than what I suggested 

1. The ending should be, the players get out of the constant to the real world and they are happy dancing and jumping and all. But then they realize it's still the constant but some new addition to it. Kinda like the hamlet dlc was, or the forge and gorge realms. So it would be just a prank and thats the ending.

2. Idea
The shadow thot gets killed by one of the players and that player gets super powers and rules the constant from his throne.

Didn't the wooden thing/Telaportato used to be a conclusion to escaping the constant? Like, you would just go through it and it simply said : YOU ESCAPED!"heck, even the description of the divining rod  says   "There must be some way out of here...", Unless canonically it only ment you got sent to another refreshed constant meaning you were stuck in an endless limbo. But that wouldnt make sense since the puppet Maxwell (the npc) greets you as if you just arrived/ first met him before.  And all the characters knew very well who he is and loathes him for what he did even though they were unconscious when Maxwell dissapeared. I just really wish to know what it did in canonical terms.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, Desblat said:

Timetravel is a bad writing. It basically makes everything and anything pointless.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:25 PM, Kuba5565 said:

Please no time travel, it always make stories confusing and full of loopholes.

Problem with a lot of time travel stories is that it enables anything to happen. Multiverse/multi-timeline setup is a mess without end. How can anything really go wrong if you can just go back in time and fix it?

I am, however, a fan of the 'time is irredeemable' setup. The concept that events that have been perceived are set in stone. That it's entirely possible to go back in time to some event...but nothing can actually be changed.
In other words, if a person goes back in time to do something, that isn't a change; they always went back. Their time travel was always a part of the timeline. They went back in time to warn themself? Well, they warning has to be part of what they've already experienced. They don't remember getting a warning? Then something stops them before they can give it.
They may even be the unintentional cause of the horrible thing that they went back in time to stop.
Makes for several delicious narrative opportunities. Perfect device for leading into a Trauma Conga Line, one of my favorite past-times.

Tangent aside though, I don't think time travel would fit very well with Don't Starve. There just isn't really a narrative setup for it.
I don't think a flat victory for the survivors beyond something with Charlie would fit with the game, as mentioned by others above. Like...she could be saved, or make a sacrifice to stop Them, or something to that effect. But the survivors actually...going home? Eh. Kinda bland.

I head-cannoned a situation where, when they finally have an opportunity to leave, they actually decide to stay in the Constant because they all had terrible lives outside the Constant/would lose something important by leaving, especially in the cases of Maxwell, Winona, Wendy, and Webber...all of the survivors have some reason to stay that I won't go into here.
Except Warly.
He kinda threw a wrench in that whole idea in that he has every reason to get the heck out, so now I'm not sure.

Archived