Where did the idols come from...?

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

That's why I feel that the devs are hiding huge lore. Hence why we didn't see Warly's deal with either Maxwell or Charlie.

Maxwell: I have a secret ingredient to cure Alzheimer's.

Here we go again...

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Okay okay okay, let'a put all issues aside and talk about lore:

Where did Woodie learn how to make those idols in the first place?

Someone must've explained how to make idols to let him control his own therian power. Could he have met a gypsy just like Lawrence Talbot?

It's kind of a shame the short didn't even talk about the origin of the idols, but still let's discuss their origins.

There are natives in Canada that might have assisted Woodie into lowering his menace in Canada. My buddy @Raven Crow even described Woodie as a skinwalker.

Eskimos.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Okay okay okay, let'a put all issues aside and talk about lore:

Where did Woodie learn how to make those idols in the first place?

Someone must've explained how to make idols to let him control his own therian power. Could he have met a gypsy just like Lawrence Talbot?

It's kind of a shame the short didn't even talk about the origin of the idols, but still let's discuss their origins.

There are natives in Canada that might have assisted Woodie into lowering his menace in Canada. My buddy @Raven Crow even described Woodie as a skinwalker.

every word "lore" is like a challenge to me

let's remember my previous picture:

f178c95284663139med.jpg

As you can see Moon tends to form hybrids and the werebeaver is hybrid too (half human half beaver). In real world Woodie of course wasn't turning into werebeaver but he did there something terrible (crime) and he wanted maxwell to help him (this is the reason why Winona knew about him. He just coomit a crime and the newspaper wrote about the disappearance of the criminal). When Maxwell banished him to the Constant Woodie had terrible remorse (He shows he is sensitive when examining butterfly wings and he is also religious). The Moon noticed that and Woodie's remorse embodied into werebeawer curse and lucy (murder weapon) thanks to celestial energy. Moon wanted to have its slave in constant but Woodie was still independend. Another Moon experiment was to create Wormwood. He is still "moon agent" but Moon wasn't satisfied with result. After Celestial Leader created Lunar Island on Constant it was very close to Woodie and was able to trasform him into two new forms using his memories of Canada. But again it failed to make him dependent on its. When Woodie was on Lunar Island The Moon itself told Woodie about cursed idols using celestial altar because Moon does not give up so easily.

I am interested in where did Lucy come. Lucy knows him a lot. She always noticed Woodie to keep cool by eating logs.

Now he won't eat logs anymore, which I don't get it. Idols instead of chopping actions.

Werebeaver is suit for Moon Island with low Sanity.

12 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

Grass Gekkos are not related to the moon.

10 minutes ago, thomas4845 said:

i think he put it as grass gekkos under the assumption that it's animal state is caused by exposure to the moon as is the carrat and dragon fruits

Grass gekkos are plant-animal hybrid and they live on meteor shower arena where we have moon boulders.

Joe explained where it comes from; its the Moon.

With the effects of the moon stronger than ever, Woodie has finally embraced his wild side. Armed with two new were-forms and a (knick-)knack for controlling his strange curse, he's ready to face anything the Constant can throw at him.

We all know what Gestalts do, they share some sorts of knowledge (Wilson's Quote for a Gestalt) with others. I could only imagine they shared the idea of the idols with Woodie, the Moons awakening awoke Woodie's other forms

But that's just guessing

9 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Joe explained where it comes from; its the Moon.

We all know what Gestalts do, they share some sorts of knowledge (Wilson's Quote for a Gestalt) with others. I could only imagine they shared the idea of the idols with Woodie, the Moons awakening awoke Woodie's other forms

But that's just guessing

I was right!!!

(I already have a hundred posts i'm no longer Junior Member Yuppie)

Eesh, the windigo is creepy. I don’t know that Woodie has any elements of them (maybe winter though?), but his idols do make me think of the northern natives in Canada. I’m not very familiar with their culture, but maybe Woodie got some ideas from them? Maybe the moon started to force him to turn into the new forms, and he remembered something about the idols in native religions? That’s probably my guess. 

Or Woodie was just whittling one day, stuffed his wooden moose with monster meat, and got the hankering to eat it. I guess it could be that simple too. 

On 9/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I was going to suggest that the Gestalts told Woodie about the idols, but you beat me to it. Great minds think alike, I suppose. ^o^;>

Since the Moon split, some unknown forces were able to free themselves. And the Moon itself influenced woody. Woodie managed to partly free themselves from his curse and managed to even his to control. I have a hunch that the Moon may have given him knowledge of idols, or someone may have told him. For example, Maxwell and his book...

Archived