Woodie Character Update Now Available + RoT:Salty Dog Beta

JoeW

7 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Warbuck's

...there's just so much to say about how that scenario directly caused this one and I'm reminded of why I gave up in the first place.
Ugh.

Welp, my expectations have successfully been brought back down to zero.
This company is an emotional hellride.

I just want to Woodie can use Lucy to cancel skill of mobs/boss (but not all, Ancient Fuelweaver or special skill can't cancel). 

If someone say it so OP, just neft damage of lucy be 17 same cane. Nobody want to tank with 17damage weapon. That why only pro player can change between Lucy and other weapon to cancel and attack. And Woodie will be pro character for pro player only.

Sorry my english not good ><

Well.. Played with a friend yesterday, me as Woodie and he as Wortox. And it went very well. I think its kind of meta now, Woodie-Moose is extremely good with Wortox healing. We easily taked down two bosses one after another - Klaus on first winter and Dragonfly on the next day. You just need to know, when you wanna use charge as were-moose. For example, i didnt used it on bosses at all, just kited Klaus normal way and then tank all the way on Dragonfly. Charge is really good on aoe, with a lot of small enemies, for example on bees, so we just cleared entire biome only with my charges through packs and packs of bees. So yeah, Moose is denitely at a very good state right now, especially with Wortox.
But beaver... he's kinda meh, its just easier to farm logs with Lucy. We needed some sort of buff, but now, as you can chop wood as long as you want, there is no much point in beaver. I guess, if only you need like A LOT of em, so you can farm logs for few days straight, then yeah.
As for goose... well, i think it still needs a buff, like up his speed to 150-160%. Yeah he's kinda okay right now, because he last longer and can walk on water, but... besides that you cant do anything. But whats really important - why he cant go through wormholes? Like, really? Its a form for traveling, right? And goose is kinda small to fit in. This is what definitely needs to be changed.
Another thing, is that hunger sets to 0 after getting back to human form. And.. i dont know, its just feels bad. Yeah, sure, i can live with that, im even got to learn how to play around it, but... But, yeah, without it forms would be too cheap.

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

I can't think of any mob that has it.

This isn't just about playable character, it's a first in the entire game.

There's a small handful of mobs that use it.

Hell, there's 1 mob that's 8-faced, too. The Rhinobros, but only when they're charging. 

EDIT: Actually, Goose and Rhinos are 8-faced.
Along with the BFB. (Head) And a small handful of other mobs.

Most others are 6-faced. 

To be honest, I really don't like this update. The beaver needed an update to make Woodie fun to play with again, like maybe to allow the beaver to be weather proof (from rain, or atleast a little more weather resistant), or allow him to swim, or let him look at the map and not drop his items; he didn't need his fun perks, like eating wood and gaining sanity from planting trees, taken away and replaced by two new were forms that we, frankly, didn't need or want.

Woodie is just even more of a mess now, and he still isn't fun to play as, and, to be honest, he may be even less fun now. He's just frustrating. 

I’m on Xbox and Xbox just did get the first part of Return of Tides along with the woodie Rework on September 12

but now I hear of a Woodie Rework Rework (which improves hunger meter/lets were-goose navigate over water.. And a new Beta Branch for RoT titled Salty Dog.

can someone please detail to me what the Salty Dog update includes, and when Xbox might could expect the much needed Woodie Rework Rework? Thanks!

On 9/15/2019 at 10:04 PM, Imagionary said:

Woodie is just even more of a mess now, and he still isn't fun to play as, and, to be honest, he may be even less fun now. He's just frustrating

"Frustrating"?? That's a weird word to use describe the newest state of Woodie. What exactly do you want to accomplish but can't with Woodie, turningyou frustrated? He just became a character that can do almost anything.

• Scouting? Run with Goose like there is no tomorrow. It's quite fast, it can fly through any chasm overground, go above waters, carry supplies from far locations. Half a DST day is more than enough for goose to run from one end of the map to another, if not just eat another idol.
  • Foraging? Woodie is already a super tree-cutter thanks to Lucy and there isn't a log meter that's preventing him from how much he can cut without consuming wood. Has an infinite axe and will never require to build axes. Need Treeguardians? Woodie has a bigger chance to spawn them so it won't be as frustrating to cut continuously but not end up with any 
  • Turn to Werebeaver and you don't even have to deal with Tree Guardians, deforest an entire jungle to your heart's content. You can even shovel and dig many things as beaver without worrying about tool durability. Eat anything sprinkled with honey crystals for even more disastrous deforestation.
  • Battling foes and bosses? Go Moose! Crowds can easily be handled with charge attack. And for bigger battles, you wont have to worry about armor and weapon, you are your own Hambat and Marble Armor.

I can understand people evaluating the update too over the top/too unnecessary/too overpowered/dissapointing etc ... but Frustrating? really? He just became the jack of all trades character that can do basically anything and everything, how can one manage to get frustrated by that?

47 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

#Woodie_is_great

It takes some getting used to but he is defenetly better.

I joined a Server in Winter once,in full moon.

I had luck ,became Moose and farmed bees(and the bee nests)for honey Fell some trees and smashed a rock and thus the New Form saved my life in the middle of Winter.

i think he is perfect. Do you want op character? play wolfgang

You want stronger  transformations with less penalty, no sense

Goose has more speed that walking cane+jisus christ perk, beaver can mine and chop+shovel quick without wasting materials in pickaxe and with night vision (no mention that he is a good fighter vs mobs that could disturb your chopping)...

maybe its better to lean how to maximize the impact of situacional perks than asking for buffs that will make this game like a chill walk instead of the rude survival was

Things what i have lost in this tapdate:

- now i can't get first very necessary 2 flints with just cooping few trees, cant open cave hole with just doing same.

- cant control turning moment form were form to human, (in full moon i must just wait for turning back and helpless watch how beasts destroying or trying to destroy moon base, don't have hands to remove star caller from socket or place it in. When im Goosing to ruins, getting r@ped from just one slupmokey, because i must stand in one place to chill goose down or run around and wait when goose meter will be off, what is time waste) Idea: if some one reads this. when Woodie in were form touches or interacts Lucy who is on ground he turns instantly back to human. but meh.

Just my thoughts: he is a clown now, circus with all freak carnival within, i think part of community is terrified about they main character future now, must be. Only they are scared to raise they voice up against hardcore community who sits more in forums then playing game it self because they are bold here. every body should bee equal no popularity conquest, points, point farming. Just admins, moderators, members, contributors and whatever else but no points or make them visible only in user profile pages or taping on some spoiler thingy. So posts will be made because of need to share some idea, asking some question asking for help, and getting some fair answer not RATARATA TADA TATA ITS CIRCUS ITS CIRCUS AND SENIOR MEMBER CARNIVAL FLEXING ON NEWBIES

Archived