How to cool down Nightmare Fuel?

I finally got to kill one of those shadow monsters and got some Nightmare Fuel. But I could not use it, it kept telling me that it was still warm (?).
I ended up dying of insanity before I could use it.

How to go about it?

Thanks in advance guys!

DPC

The line describing its warmth has no effect on gameplay whatsoever, so it won’t provide warmth in winter either. It’s basically a mid-late game material much like logs or stones. The fuel itself is used in recipes such as the shadow manipulator, the final craftable research station (found in the magic tab), and some of the recipes which that very station unlocks.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

11 hours ago, DrPepperCan said:

it kept telling me that it was still warm

What character were you playing?

Character quotes are 100% of the time just for charm and character, though at times they can hint to things.

However Nightmare is a crafting item, not one you can use like a healing or food item.
Used to craft most magic related items. 

9 hours ago, Troppok said:

Killing nightmares gives you a sanity boost and nightmare fuel...

Does that boost happen right away? (improving your sanity on the fly)

Thank you, everyone, for your helpful responses. Being such a rookie on this game, your info really helps :)

DPC

On 8/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, Canis said:

Posts like this really put a smile to my face. They're extremely wholesome and I love it.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a veteran elitist.

I remember when I first started Don't Starve myself when I was younger. Dang, I would kill to re-experience this stuff for the first time once again. 

10 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

I remember when I first started Don't Starve myself when I was younger. Dang, I would kill to re-experience this stuff for the first time once again. 

I was just thinking the same thing! 
I'm far from a pro but, for the life of me, I can't even remember how I learned all of the stuff that I know now! lol
I remember being confused as hell! I actually put the game down for about a year because I kept dying w/o answers. 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:31 PM, DrPepperCan said:

Does that boost happen right away? (improving your sanity on the fly)

Thank you, everyone, for your helpful responses. Being such a rookie on this game, your info really helps :)

DPC

You can also check out TheBeard777 or JamesBucket on YouTube. 
They are VERY informative! 

24 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Don't.

His ''Guides'' are misleading for new players and he talks vvveeerrryyy slowly on purpose.

you gotta get that *clicks tongue*

a d  r e v e n u e

fr don't watch him. There are much better guides out there that give you essential information in half the time. Edgy Rick, as much of a meme as he was, was right about him.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Don't.

His ''Guides'' are misleading for new players and he talks vvveeerrryyy slowly on purpose.

I actually like his style....
Idk if it's because he's the 1st of very few YouTubers I've kept up with, but I've actually learned a good amount from him. 
But, to each their own....right? 

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

To be honest even Edgy rick is a better guide maker.

I've actually never heard of Edgy Rick. I'm always open to new vids....so I'll give him a shot. 
Thanks. 

Archived