[Game Update] - 361684

4 hours ago, Saturnus said:

There you go. Thanks.

Keyboard panning still not working for me though but that's fine.

Honestly @Ipsquiggle would it have been too much bother to mention that you moved the button you click and pan with from left to right? It's like the time when you changed all pipe input and output colours around without mentioning it.That was also a "fun" day.

To my understanding, the one who puts out the patch notes is not the one who wrote every part of them, they are an aggregation of individual changes' messages, which may not contain every detail of what's changed. There definitely is a problem with information, but it would require a bit of reorganization of how they do things.

• Like 1

I think this patch has kind of broke the game. I'm finding my dupes are now ignoring high priority jobs and just doing the lower priority ones unless they are told to do that certain job, for example: if you have the pitcher pump set on 8 or nine for polluted water, they will ignore picking up the polluted water, the only way they will collect the water is if you actually set the water to sweep, and even then they may just ignore it until you put it onto top priority. Which leads to another failure, they may even just ignore a top priority job, another example: I had a dupe drop some bleach stone right in the middle of the base, right next to the storage bin it was meant to be put in, I put it on top priority sweep and I watched the dupes just ignore it, they would put other things into the bin but not the high priority job I eventually had to reload the game as the base was just filling up with chlorine. There is something currently wrong with the game right now and it started right after this patch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farlin said:

I think this patch has kind of broke the game. I'm finding my dupes are now ignoring high priority jobs and just doing the lower priority ones unless they are told to do that certain job, for example: if you have the pitcher pump set on 8 or nine for polluted water, they will ignore picking up the polluted water, the only way they will collect the water is if you actually set the water to sweep, and even then they may just ignore it until you put it onto top priority. Which leads to another failure, they may even just ignore a top priority job, another example: I had a dupe drop some bleach stone right in the middle of the base, right next to the storage bin it was meant to be put in, I put it on top priority sweep and I watched the dupes just ignore it, they would put other things into the bin but not the high priority job I eventually had to reload the game as the base was just filling up with chlorine. There is something currently wrong with the game right now and it started right after this patch.

You should take a look at the errands tabs on things, and what dupes have prioritized. It should show why they aren't doing things. Dupe priorities have often had problems, and maybe you can spot exactly what's gone wrong. Do note though that it's easy to end up with problems just from not having any dupes with a particular type of task elevated in their own priorities.

Now, if you use automation schemes, the rocket at take-off falls to pieces. It seems to me that the rocket will return full of bricks. I worry about my duple :o:o:D

2019-08-24_3-58-44.jpg

Edited by aresd

A lot of bugs brought.

1. If you take apart the cockpit when the rocket is tied to the radar, the radar will no longer detect the rocket. Restarting the game corrects the situation and the rocket appears in the list, but the radar is no longer working as it should, it just always gives green. Why did you even need to bind to the cockpit? Return the binding of the name of the rocket to the engine, this is the part that is least likely to change.2019-08-24_5-35-53.jpg

2. Once duplicated on the surface, they can roast in the sun until they die, although they have several escape routes. They just stand, do not move and die. Do not respond to the "Move" button. Restarting the game saves them a life.

3. Falling hot blocks are sometimes prone to continuous digging. A duplicator or an automatic drill can drill one block indefinitely. Restarting the game helps. Most often this is seen under the rocket engine, after the regolith collapses from the bunker door. One block stably becomes infinite for digging.

4. The exit from the game to the main menu lasts a billion years. It’s easier to immediately exit the game and restart the game than to wait for the main menu to load. Why?

5. When starting from save, the fuel tank full indicators indicate that they are empty, although this is not the case.

2019-08-24_5-39-47.jpg

6. If you launch a rocket, wait for it to take off, save the game and restart it - there will be textures from the rocket in the mine

7. If you replace the fuel from oil to ethanol, then you need to destroy the oil generator. There is always a tiny amount of fuel in the generator and the generator does not work, it gives an error that there is not enough fuel. Switching the generator between different types of fuel depending on the fullness of the pool is impossible.

Edited by aresd

37 minutes ago, aresd said:

Falling hot blocks are sometimes prone to continuous digging. A duplicator or an automatic drill can drill one block indefinitely. Restarting the game helps. Most often this is seen under the rocket engine, after the regolith collapses from the bunker door. One block stably becomes infinite for digging.

I don't know about the others, but the regolith bug has been around a long time.

7 hours ago, Farlin said:

This isn't a problem due to this patch. This behavior has been annoyingly around since the launch testing phase. The problem is, priority for sweeping seems to not mean jack sh*t. All that matters is the priority of the destination. So !! alert on sweeping does absolutely nothing, but !! alert on the storage container where your bleach stone should be stored and then you will see action. The problem is, if you have a whole lot of sweeping to be done, and the container accepts several types of materials, putting it on !! alert won't necessarily sweep the item with the highest individual sweep priority, but rather simply pick the closest valid items to sweep. I've reported it as a bug before but no replies...

17 hours ago, adferrari said:

I tried this achievement in 3 different games. One with 1 dupe, other with 2 dupes and another one with 19 duplicants.

Even though all dupes have completed a chore wearing an exosuit, the "cycle counter" was always showing 0/10.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something

Image 1.png

I currently have a base where all dupes have to wear exosuits to leave their bedrooms. Every cycle, it seems to only register 10/12 dupes as having done an exosuit task. It makes me wonder if there are specific tasks that don't count? I would have thought that doing anything in an exosuit would be enough but apparently not. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vascoegertklei said:

All that matters is the priority of the destination.

Overall task priority is based on the job type priority in the priority panel, then the building priority, then the material priority. You should see that the higher priority sweeping tasks go first if you have multiple materials going to the same high priority container. 

I think many players would find it more intuitive if sweeping tasks started by picking a material then picked a building, though as a developer I would be terrified of the wake, edge cases, and unforeseen consequences of such a change. 

While talking about sweeping, can we PLEASE have items retain their command when they get dropped by dups?  It is so annoying to have bleach stone or hot material sitting on the floor, after you had given a sweep command, because the game deletes your sweep command when a dup decides to end their day.

• Like 20

It's not just sweeping, it can be anything. right now I have a yellow alert going for a supply of sand to a farm tile and they are ignoring it, while they deliver polluted water to some Arbor trees a few tiles above it that's on a lower priority. right now the game is broken if it is not happening to you or you are not noticing it then great for you, but with nearly 700 hours in game time and a multitude of maps under my belt I have not had this problem till this patch.

16 hours ago, Chipplyman said:

Overall task priority is based on the job type priority in the priority panel, then the building priority, then the material priority. You should see that the higher priority sweeping tasks go first if you have multiple materials going to the same high priority container. 

I think many players would find it more intuitive if sweeping tasks started by picking a material then picked a building, though as a developer I would be terrified of the wake, edge cases, and unforeseen consequences of such a change. 

Let me be more specific: the behavior you describe is true for the most part. However, it all falls apart when you enable Proximity in the priorities tab. Since I (and probably most relatively experienced players) play with Proximity enabled, it's a real pain in the arse to have dupes ignore sweeping priority completely and only go for the closest items.

I understand that proximity means that, when dupes are given the choice between two tasks of equal priority, they will pick the one closest to them. This reduces the chances that a dupe will run halfway across the map to do some random task, when there are other tasks of equal priority closer to him. I do not, however, understand why this suddenly ignores material priority when sweeping. All of a sudden, all sweep tasks are judged solely on the container priority and material priority has no value. This can't be intended... Especially since all other proximity actions seems to work fine (digging, building, etc).

In the picture below you can see that I have set a container to sweep only and to accept all materials. With Proximity enabled, the dupe will start picking up the dirt closest to him, while ignoring the algae and clay at priority 9 and 7. Without Proximity, he goes after the higher sweep errands. 

5d61d0a130f10_PriorityBug.thumb.png.50917ac96f161dbb84335e27f6e2905c.png

If a Klei dev sees this, please know that sweeping is broken with Proximity enabled.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, vascoegertklei said:

With Proximity enabled, the dupe will start picking up the dirt closest to him, while ignoring the algae and clay at priority 9 and 7.

With the dupe -> building -> material priority order I described, proximity would have to be the fourth method of ranking tasks, to break ties. 

Not sure what the proximity button could do other than move proximity earlier in the task priority sort order. This seems by design.

Edited by Chipplyman

On 25/08/2019 at 1:12 AM, vascoegertklei said:

If a Klei dev sees this, please know that sweeping is broken with Proximity enabled.

Does the dupe in your image have the same priority for Tidy as Storage?  If you put the priority on that storage compactor to 1, will they still pick up the closest dirt first? 

I use the proximity option but haven't noticed the issue you describe but I typically leave my sweep only storage containers at default and then set the sweep priorities as I need and they grab the high priority ones (like wild eggs!) first even when they're all the way across the map.

3 hours ago, Chipplyman said:

With the dupe -> building -> material priority order I described, proximity would have to be the fourth method of ranking tasks, to break ties. 

Not sure what the proximity button could do other than move proximity earlier in the task priority sort order. This seems by design.

Without proximity, each job type has a specific value that is included in priority calculations. Digging and building jobs are, for example, +0.09, storing is +0.07 (regardless if it's a sweep command or not), deconstruction is +0.38 and so on. So a dupe with standard personal priorities and standard job priorities will always deconstruct (35.38) before digging (35.09), but always dig (35.09) before storing (35.07).

With proximity, all jobs are simply +0.5 and a dupe will pick the job closest to him, assuming his personal preferences are all neutral (+30) and the job priority is neutral (+5). This means a dupe will choose to store something if it's 2 tiles closer to him than a deconstruct job. The only issue I was having, is within storage jobs themselves. Material priority appeared to have no meaning once you turned on proximity and tried to sweep things.

I have since done another test and have narrowed down the issue (explained below).

3 hours ago, malloc said:

Does the dupe in your image have the same priority for Tidy as Storage?  If you put the priority on that storage compactor to 1, will they still pick up the closest dirt first? 

I use the proximity option but haven't noticed the issue you describe but I typically leave my sweep only storage containers at default and then set the sweep priorities as I need and they grab the high priority ones (like wild eggs!) first even when they're all the way across the map.

Yes, of course. It wouldn't be a good sandbox test if I didn't control the variables. The dupe has standard (+30) priority for all tasks. I have since done another test, inspired by your question and have realised wherein the real flaw lies:

I had a bunch of debris set to various different sweep priorities. Once I set the sweep container to priority 1, the dupes were sweeping exactly as you would expect them to (respecting individual sweep priorities and picking the closest one, when the priority was the same). I stepped up the priority on the container one level each time and redid the test. The intended behavior works consistently! ... until you set the container to priority 9. For some reason, priority 9 breaks the system. All of a sudden, dupes will no longer care about individual sweep priority and will only go for the nearest sweep job. Priority !! on the container is equally broken (which is something I have noticed plenty of times before).

Since I am used to smacking priority 9 on containers where I'm like, "this definitely has to be done", it is a relatively frustrating bug which is present in most of my games.

Lastly, there is still a bug present even without proximity enabled, wherein dupes will go after priority 9 sweeps, but for some reason ignore priority !! sweeps.

Edited by vascoegertklei

12 hours ago, vascoegertklei said:

Since I am used to smacking priority 9 on containers where I'm like, "this definitely has to be done", it is a relatively frustrating bug which is present in most of my games.

This sounds like something that should be posted in the bug section, have you done so already?

On 28/08/2019 at 10:13 AM, xialeth said:

This sounds like something that should be posted in the bug section, have you done so already?

Yurp. I had posted a bug detailing issues with priorities about a month ago and I updated it recently to include the information I had found with further testing. 

The mod initially said he wasn’t able to reproduce it, but I’ve explained it in detail this time and added a save file where the test is set up for him to observe, so hopefully that gets some attention. 

27 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

i thought theres a new update damn
my brain: keep waiting 

Our buggy games keep waiting too.

I don't know which of "substantial" or "worrying" is the most representative adjective to describe the amount of new bugs that pops-up with each patch... :-S

The game potential is stil having a hard life.

Edited by OxCD

Just now, OxCD said:

Our buggy games keep waiting too.

I don't know which of "substantial" or "worrying" is the most representative adjective to describe the amount of new bugs that pops-up with each patch... :-S

The game potential is stil having a hard life.

Im currently playing at normal speed and damn its too slow (very slow that I play fallout shelter on my phone while playing ONI), I got used to playing at double or triple speed, sadly my cpu cant handle that much processes.

2 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

Im currently playing at normal speed and damn its too slow (very slow that I play fallout shelter on my phone while playing ONI), I got used to playing at double or triple speed, sadly my cpu cant handle that much processes.

The lag is real, no doubt, but it's another story. Bugs & lags are game's burdens, but we could expect progress on one, apart of the other.

Indeed, at this point, we're still waiting for both...

• Like 1