Introducing, Klei Rewards

On 2019-08-08 at 7:06 PM, TrashLord said:

Gonna be real here: I don't like this one bit.

Sure, it's nice that they've found a way to distribute the retired Twitch items, but really? Artificially inflating Klei's social media presence? If they add point-exclusive that'll be even more egregious; I do not want to be coerced into making social media accounts I have no interest maintaining just to boost Klei's numbers.

Honestly, a better "point" system would be to integrate some kind of... I dunno, Twitch Spools? Like, for every however-many hours of watching a drops-enabled stream you'll get a Twitch Spool, which could then be spent in an in-game store stocked with every retired(not live) Twitch item. Icons for 1 or five spools, portraits for 3 or 10 spools, and 5 to 15 spools for the items themselves - depending on Twitch Spool drop rate?

On 2019-08-08 at 7:11 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Ok, Klei. FINE. I'll get on social media JUST for you. I can't believe I'm going to make an Instagram. These are dark days for an angry old man. 

On 2019-08-08 at 7:26 PM, JoeW said:

There were a decent amount of people that didn't want to participate on Twitch. This was partly a response to that. 
Additionally, our goal is not to inflate numbers. I mean, the affect inflates the numbers, of course; but the goal is to allow people to know and be aware that there are these methods out there for them to become more aware of news and community content. 

I don't know if you are signed up for our mailing list at all, but we never ever send out mail to our lists unless we have something significant to say. We want people to be happy when they get news from our mailinglist and hopefully inform them of new content if they haven't been playing. 

But I get it, we have sat on this idea for quite a while because of concerns like yours but eventually we decided to go ahead and give it a shot and see what people think. 

Oh, and your spool idea. One of the things we would like to do is something similar to what you are suggesting, so we can reward people (with points) for more things beyond just the 6 hours each campaign. 

It’s cool to have rewards for following you on social media, but is it necessary to follow you on every single social media platform at once to get all the rewards possible though?

Seems like a bit much. Following on just one of the social media platforms should allow a user the opportunity to get as many rewards points as someone who wants to follow you on every social media platform. Not everyone wants to sign up for all those different things if they don’t already have them. 

People probably didn’t want to participate in Twitch because, guess what, they don’t watch Twitch! Just like how some people don’t use Facebook. 

Will the Funkopop skins be made available to console players using this feature? 

Edited by Dynamix_Roxx
  • Thanks 4

Sweet might be able to get the bird cage circus one I missed.

Would this be compatible with Console like the twitch drops? (Never did get the metheus walking cane or torch for ps4) interesting concept. Kind of reminds me of SHIFT CODES for BORDERLANDS 2  that they share on their social media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

It’s cool to have rewards for following you on social media, but is it necessary to follow you on every single social media platform at once to get all the rewards possible though?

Seems like a bit much. Following on just one of the social media platforms should allow a user the opportunity to get as many rewards points as someone who wants to follow you on every social media platform. Not everyone wants to sign up for all those different things if they don’t already have them. 

People probably didn’t want to participate in Twitch because, guess what, they don’t watch Twitch! Just like how some people don’t use Facebook. 

Will the Funkopop skins be made available to console players using this feature? 

Funkopop skins can be used for console players. I bought them and used the code on my PS4. With steam I see you can obtain funkopop skins that people sold on the marketplace for just about the same amount as you would spend buying the funkopop. Basically... get funkopop skins by buying funkopops

• Developer
6 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Petition to make klei add all the puzzle skins to the rewards ,so that Console players have a chance to get them too.

I'd rather just fix the puzzles themselves to support all the login mechanisms on accounts.klei.com. It's on the todo list, just waiting for one of our web people to have time.

16 minutes ago, Mistress.Minish said:

Funkopop skins can be used for console players. I bought them and used the code on my PS4. With steam I see you can obtain funkopop skins that people sold on the marketplace for just about the same amount as you would spend buying the funkopop. Basically... get funkopop skins by buying funkopops

Unfortunately this was against Sony's rules so we had to turn it off on console. Please don't buy a funkopop expecting a skin on PS4, at least not in the short term. Some day....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, nome said:

I'd rather just fix the puzzles themselves to support all the login mechanisms on accounts.klei.com. It's on the todo list, just waiting for one of our web people to have time.

OMG @nome

I really want the puzzle skins, thanks a Lot!!!! 

Edited by Marco BR
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gintakisi said:

Why do people have only 1,000 PTS , but I display 1,200 PTS for Spectacular Stationary Wayfinder ...

It's actually 1,200 PTS for the Wayfinder.

The bar thingie that shows the PTS amount is perfectly in the middle so the numbers get mismatched sometimes under peoples eyes

image.thumb.png.759dd3d81730847fa11cfdd396a68f55.pngimage.thumb.png.890b3265a0017f22c05f071d34d25fcd.png

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mistress.Minish said:

1 hour ago, nome said:

Unfortunately this was against Sony's rules so we had to turn it off on console. Please don't buy a funkopop expecting a skin on PS4, at least not in the short term. Some day....

Is there any chance you can add the Funkopop skins to the rewards program? If they’re not available through Funkopops, or code redemption, please allow us to obtain them in some other way. 

• Thanks 2

steam no longer support douyu accounts?  Now steam supports twich accounts and not douyu accounts, Wegame supports douyu accounts. Chinese players cannot log into twich normally, can't buy wegame for skin?  I only have Steam version.

• Developer
1 hour ago, xuqingxin said:

steam no longer support douyu accounts?  Now steam supports twich accounts and not douyu accounts, Wegame supports douyu accounts. Chinese players cannot log into twich normally, can't buy wegame for skin?  I only have Steam version.

That is a bug that will be fixed soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seeing that people post problems with the new rewards system. I got a few odd ones myself...

Firstly, to confirm that I'm already following on your Official Instagram, why is that I have to Link to my-non-existing Facebook account?

Second, I got 100 pts left, how is that I can't clam ether of the two items that cost 100 pts to unlock?

2019 August 18 - Klei's new Reward System has a couple of bugs (pt1).png

2019 August 18 - Klei's new Reward System has a couple of bugs (pt2).png

Edited by Kientero

Help guys, sounds like the Youtube account is finally working !

baguette.thumb.png.5b6ce6b5b6128f3c59eebc73f6afadcb.png

Since it's not updated on the Klei Account Website, you will have to inspect the page and delete the node of the "Coming Soon" block so you can select the yellow button

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1