Introducing, Klei Rewards

2 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

The page just doesn't load for me. I keep getting " We're sorry. An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again. "

Maybe page is overloaded? You know a lot of people want to log in at this moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auth said:

Hey, I'm curious, what other ways would there be to earn points? Based on the current ways, I'm scratching my head as to how there'd be more ways. Can you tell us (or maybe just me) what you have planned for the system?

I am afraid to say too much because it depends on other things. And I don't want the team to get mad at me for suggesting something that isn't currently implemented.  

But, what if you told us your favorite streamer? What if your favorite streamer could give out points? What if you got an item bonus because you got a drop while watching your favorite streamer?  

We'll see. No promises yet, but we have some ideas. Feel free to suggest ideas here too!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Not exactly a major issue, but there is an error with the dates displayed.
image.png.e75378507b6df88c59be447e49712330.png Neither I nor Twitch was a thing in the year of our lord 1970.

I would also like to second what Auth said about having separate Instagram and Facebook accounts, if possible. Thank you!

What are you hiding from us Resette

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I am afraid to say too much because it depends on other things. And I don't want the team to get mad at me for suggesting something that isn't currently implemented.  

But, what if you told us your favorite streamer? What if your favorite streamer could give out points? What if you got an item bonus because you got a drop while watching your favorite streamer?  

We'll see. No promises yet, but we have some ideas. Feel free to suggest ideas here too!

Sound nice! But Im bit scary if it will work like "random person will get random points number". Drops with time range have no problems, but without any time range is treated as gambling and gambling is banned in few countries. In one tournament during first season dev firm added this solution and during second edition they had to delete few countries from drop's pool because in their law something like this is illegal. I was really angry because my country is at banned list.

Sounds like a neat idea. I really hope there's more ways to earn points than things like sharing Facebook posts or liking YouTube and Instagram posts. 

I have 0 desire to link my Klei account to my Facebook or YouTube page. I like to retain a certain amount of anonymity online.

• Like 3

Just now, Paddlefruit said:

Disappointed for new content? ok then

Twitch skins aren't new content. When klei said something about other thing that console players would especially like, I thought of the Gorge and not of some twitch skins.

Just now, Neojenlce said:

Twitch skins aren't new content. When klei said something about other thing that console players would especially like, I thought of the Gorge and not of some twitch skins.

Oh, the console thing, I misunderstood you. I kinda doubt this is the thing they were talking about for consoles though

This is not "the thing" - "the thing" is a number of things and this was just one of them. The others I can't talk about yet because we're still working on them. 

But for now I will just say we have multiple things we are working on right now that we hope will really improve the game for console players. When I can provide more detail, I will. Some of these things are up in the air and may never happen, but some of them are almost certainly going to happen and we just don't have enough details or it's too far off. I just don't want to say something until I have more info about what kind of time frame we're looking at. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

If we linked all of our accounts will we get new methods to earn points every time new rewards get added? Because if I link all of my accounts I will be able to only claim 3 skins (only counting skins that require 1200 points) and I don't want to miss any cool ones.

Edited by Titanwarrior798
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:

Not exactly a major issue, but there is an error with the dates displayed.
image.png.e75378507b6df88c59be447e49712330.png Neither I nor Twitch was a thing in the year of our lord 1970.

I would also like to second what Auth said about having separate Instagram and Facebook accounts, if possible. Thank you!

My first thought was "wtf there isn't 18 months in a year" but then I realized that I live in the land where we do everything wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Developer
32 minutes ago, Neojenlce said:

We've got this instead of the Gorge. I'm really disappointed

Nobody from the DST team was pulled off to work on this, it's almost exclusively the work of a web developer here at Klei who is actually new to the company. Don't think of it as something you got instead of DST content, it's just a little extra that we hope at least some of you like.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

My first thought was "wtf there isn't 18 months in a year" but then I realized that I live in the land where we do everything wrong

Wait, don't tell me that the US got the months wrong, too? How embarrassing (assuming your talking about US?)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nome said:

Nobody from the DST team was pulled off to work on this, it's almost exclusively the work of a web developer here at Klei who is actually new to the company. Don't think of it as something you got instead of DST content, it's just a little extra that we hope at least some of you like.

Okay, this I love. 

You guys are the best.

• Like 2

Yikes. I've never even touched Instagram since the day it was created. Seems like I gotta make an Instagram account now. The things I do for Klei.

But I can get the signs now YEE HAWWW my life is complete!!!!

Also it'd be really cool if there was an 'achievement' thing where by completing certain ingame tasks you'd be given certain amount of points. Like, say, kill 1000 spiders for 250 points, or kill dfly for 500.

Idk how this would be implemented. Maybe have some sort of 'list' like in Skyrim that'd be translated into your Klei account, and then you can just go in and claim the rewards?

I personally think that'd make the game very fun, as you know the addicting feeling of being rewarded.

Also maybe add Bottomless Pit for idk 10k? It'd naturally be expensive, but so worth the grind.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Yikes. I've never even touched Instagram since the day it was created. Seems like I gotta make an Instagram account now. The things I do for Klei.

But I can get the signs now YEE HAWWW my life is complete!!!!

Also it'd be really cool if there was an 'achievement' thing where by completing certain ingame tasks you'd be given certain amount of points. Like, say, kill 1000 spiders for 250 points, or kill dfly for 500.

Idk how this would be implemented. Maybe have some sort of 'list' like in Skyrim that'd be translated into your Klei account, and then you can just go in and claim the rewards?

I personally think that'd make the game very fun, as you know the addicting feeling of being rewarded.

Also maybe add Bottomless Pit for idk 10k? It'd naturally be expensive, but so worth the grind.

I'd hope that there wouldn't be any achievements that would require a specific character. I'd end up missing so many skins due to my refusal to play golfwang or wickerbottom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1