[Game Update] - 358029

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the missing hound sounds
  • Reduced the amount of Seastacks and improved their world gen layout (this will be retrofitted into existing worlds)
  • Fixed the mouse not being able to click near the top of tall objects (like the Mast) while in certain locations in the world
  • Improved handling if the player is interrupted while hopping onto a boat.
  • Platform hopping is now blocked if a blocker object is in the way of the hopping path.
  • Bees no longer plant flowers in the ocean.
  • Fixed a bug with the sail raising that cause the player to walk or use something behind the sail instead of “heave ho”ing on the second pull. 
  • Added Seastack art variation. 

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

@Jason caves server crashes when depth worm warning sounds are supposed to happen

Well, my dedicated server is simply unreachable since the last update, I can't even see it in the Browse menu even after many restarts, didn't had this on other updates so I guess something's wrong for now on this last one...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I liked the pointy, blue-toned sea stack design myself, but at least these new variations look a little less like turds.

In honour of the seastack menace being banished, may I present to you an adventure I had with the old seastacks-for-days worldgen:

(I was demonstrating smashable seastacks for my friends.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, ADM said:

Well, my dedicated server is simply unreachable since the last update, I can't even see it in the Browse menu even after many restarts, didn't had this on other updates so I guess something's wrong for now on this last one...

10 hours ago, artemiyME said:

entire Beta branch is devoid of all Dedi servers including mine, there is one dedi online only and i wonder what they did to make it work...

I was able to host my server just fine - but I see that it's one of the only three dedicated servers currently on the server browser. I launch mine from the same directory as my DST game on Steam, could that be it?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, X-lem said:

Thanks! Honestly I like the original sea stack design the best. They looked more deadly. These just look like blobs of mud.

The current ones make me think of shadowy cave rocks.

like They're reaching up to pull down the Moon

Edited by maradyne
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, Electroely said:

I was able to host my server just fine - but I see that it's one of the only three dedicated servers currently on the server browser. I launch mine from the same directory as my DST game on Steam, could that be it?

So I have to restructure my folders or is this temporary? seems like some path selection options in klei-provided server hosting files are broken?

17 hours ago, maradyne said:

The current ones make me think of shadowy cave rocks.

like They're reaching up to pull down the Moon

...oh, I knew I'd seen similar down there somewhere.

Atrium_Pillar.pngSlimypillar.png

Almost the same color as the Atrium pillar...where the shadows are at their deepest.
Some features in common with the slimy variant, as well.

I can't remember exactly what shade of blue the original DST Sea Stacks were, but I noticed that the normal Cave Pillars have a blue shade, as well. Might be onto some design decision here...?

• Thanks 2