Solo vs Klaus

Well, I'm stubborn and figured I'd be clever and use Winona but the amount of resources required is so high.    Enough to make 24 catapults, 2 flingos and a few dwarf stars for lighting.

As luck would have it Deerclops spawns just before I'm ready, so a delay of 1/2 day dealing with this giant.    Prepped and ready, wearing scale armor, have jelly beans and will try to kill Klaus just using the catapults.    First 10,000 health goes very quickly with no issues, then it starts getting tricky.   Keeping him in the sweet spot without destroying my set up is hard and I start to lose catapults.   He is down to about 15,000 health and I only have 8 catapults left.   Also in trouble myself as Spring came and am dealing with freezing, low health, etc.   Had to abandon mission.   Does the sack stay around for a while in Spring?

With a triangular array of catapults you can have fire coming from three directions at once, very effective provided he doesn't set stuff on fire or get out of the range.   As it stands he takes so many hits that he can't do his fire/freeze routine but I needed a more robust character (like WX with 400 health), a few hits and Winona is in serious trouble.   

I'm sorry, 15k health? Where you fighting him enraged? Pretty sure he's supposed to have 5k health after he revives. Did the catapults kill the deers?

Also, it's infinitly better to just kill him yourself, as the sack will move to a different location upon next winter, rendering the catapults useless. Just make a world, spawn in the sack, an antler, gear and healing foods and practise kill him a few times. He has a specific kiting pattern and is not at all as hard as he may seem. You'll get it pretty quickly.

You should never use Winonas catapults so solo klaus. They do AOE damage so it will always lead to one of the deers dying and making klaus enraged.

Best wayto kill him is to just kite it with a melee weapon and some healing / armor 

10 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

I'm sorry, 15k health? Where you fighting him enraged? Pretty sure he's supposed to have 5k health after he revives. Did the catapults kill the deers?

Also, it's infinitly better to just kill him yourself, as the sack will move to a different location upon next winter, rendering the catapults useless. Just make a world, spawn in the sack, an antler, gear and healing foods and practise kill him a few times. He has a specific kiting pattern and is not at all as hard as he may seem. You'll get it pretty quickly.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but for soloing klaus, aren’t you suppose to use a fire staff on the blue gem deer and a ice staff on the red gem deer to render them obselete for a few seconds? Because that’s how I remember seeing someone solo him.

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but for soloing klaus, aren’t you suppose to use a fire staff on the blue gem deer and a ice staff on the red gem deer to render them obselete for a few seconds? Because that’s how I remember seeing someone solo him.

You CAN do that. But in my opinion it's a waste of time and resources.

2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

You aren't forced to do this, and Blue Deer's attack stuns Klaus for a while, which is useful to get a few nice hits on him.

9 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

You should never use Winonas catapults so solo klaus. They do AOE damage so it will always lead to one of the deers dying and making klaus enraged.

Best wayto kill him is to just kite it with a melee weapon and some healing / armor 

Technically, you can use catapults and tentacles if u cheese him by separating the deers with fossils or walls and a sign. 

7 hours ago, JeanLucky said:

How to kill Klaus like a man.

image.thumb.png.09e311ce93b024e6d40c2b1771e0f7bd.png

Credit to this guy for coming up with this method

Using this as well.

22 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

It was 10,000 then he switched and had about 27,000 health in the 2nd mode (not sure where you get 5k).   Catapults did kill the deers but Klaus was getting hit so fast/often that he didn't have time to get enraged, almost like a stun lock.   

12 hours ago, Mahoood said:

Technically, you can use catapults and tentacles if u cheese him by separating the deers with fossils or walls and a sign. 

Using this as well.

For me it just makes it so much harder and you have to set it up and make sure it works 100% without the deers escaping etc. The easiest way is still to just beat him with a hambat and some pierogis xdd.  Learning Klaus's attack pattern is pretty easy and after a while it gets as simple as dodging any other boss like Goose/bearger/clops 

6 minutes ago, Mencken said:

It was 10,000 then he switched and had about 27,000 health in the 2nd mode (not sure where you get 5k).   Catapults did kill the deers but Klaus was getting hit so fast/often that he didn't have time to get enraged, almost like a stun lock.   

Bro...

Klaus starts with 10k health. Once you killed him, WITHOUT killing a deer, he will revive with a life giving amulet with 5k health and his chains will be unlocked. Once you bring him down he will be dead for sure and his deers will be freed. You definetly fought him enraged.

If any of the deers die, he'll kneel on the floor, grow in size and his chains will be unlocked. He'll have a longer leap, faster attack period, does more damage, gains more max hp, has armor and health regeneration. He cannot be stunlocked upon going enraged. He will transform regardless.

You're not supposed to fight him enraged. You gain nothing out of it, except maybe bragging rights.

Source: Fought Klaus many times. Or, the official Wiki which states the same thing. Or, the plethora of Youtube videos showing the same thing.

9 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

For me it just makes it so much harder and you have to set it up and make sure it works 100% without the deers escaping etc. The easiest way is still to just beat him with a hambat and some pierogis xdd.  Learning Klaus's attack pattern is pretty easy and after a while it gets as simple as dodging any other boss like Goose/bearger/clops 

Personally i love fighting him solo everytime, however you said best method.

The best method i know of is blocking his loot stash spawn points with a sign or structures and only keep one spawn location of choice then trap that one with tentacles or catapults. you can consistently trap the deers easily into preset fossils and then destroy klaus in mere seconds.

klaus is very very easy. you just need wig and 5 pirogie, hambat and 3-5 wig helmets. and its good to get the flute from the glommer statue for the krampus he summons but thats not required

im playing lately on klei public servers and i kill him evry first winter. if you like we can join a server and i show you

i always ask people to join the fight but they never fought him so they say no. i tell them to just come and watch me and then they can join mid fight.

they do and they are always very happy. and i get tons of friends requests on steam xD

The kiting pattern is, iirc,

PHASE ONE

- Three attacks after a swipe

- You may attack two more times if Klaus uses a fire attack but GTFO if he does the Ice attack. If you're fast enough you can land a few hits while he's channeling the spells.

- Tank Krampii, or sleep them and kite them one by one. Tanking recommended.

- Repeat ad infinitum.

PHASE TWO

(This phase is where tanking is recommended, the kite pattern drags stuff out too long.)

- after a spell, bait out a chomp and a swipe, then hit twice only and run like hell because he's going to chomp again.

- after the second chomp, hit twice and he'll most probably do a spell.

- repeat ad infinitum.

Do correct me if im wrong.

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The kiting pattern is, iirc,

PHASE ONE

- Three attacks after a swipe

- You may attack two more times if Klaus uses a fire attack but GTFO if he does the Ice attack. If you're fast enough you can land a few hits while he's channeling the spells.

- Tank Krampii, or sleep them and kite them one by one. Tanking recommended.

- Repeat ad infinitum.

PHASE TWO

(This phase is where tanking is recommended, the kite pattern drags stuff out too long.)

- after a spell, bait out a chomp and a swipe, then hit twice only and run like hell because he's going to chomp again.

- after the second chomp, hit twice and he'll most probably do a spell.

- repeat ad infinitum.

Do correct me if im wrong.

too complicated. lets just join a server and we fight him

Archived