On Sea Bosses

I've been poking around character speech files for fun, and i've noticed in some of the character strings i see reference to a presumably large creature casting a large silhouette out at sea, such as:

2019-07-29.thumb.png.6d41f4be94b361b9ba78bf2df8df0e91.png

that's wicker's file,

5d3f12f198aa6_2019-07-29(1).thumb.png.2a644f7a4e2ae743b4a73ec411325e02.png

this is maxwell's file,

5d3f12ec617f7_2019-07-29(2).thumb.png.4968ae7aca6857f4d2a3fa1161469ff4.png

and this one's wendy, to show a few.

They all seem rather afraid of this new creature, which may well be a boss.

Thoughts? 

All of them:

Warly - N/A
Wigfrid - "A gargantuan foe approaches!"
Maxwell - "We're in for some trouble."
Webber - "Don't eat us!"
Wendy - "Death casts its black shadow upon us."
Wickerbottom - "The megafauna have set their eyes on us."
Willow - "Something big's coming!"
Wilson - "Uh-oh. Sea monsters!"
Winona - "Woah, that's a bigg'un!"
Wolfgang - "Wolfgang does not like scary shadow!"
Woodie - "Watch out, something's coming!"
Wormwood - N/A
Wortox - "Hyuyu, something's come to play!"
WX-78 - "A GIANT ORGANIC APPROACHES"

So, they removed the Malbatross, but added quotes? Seems like they're reworking his design, before dropping this bombshell of a boss. I predict it'll use the seastacks in some way, maybe a roosting place to heal, and we have to mine it to stop? By all means, I just hope it's a boss worth a fight.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:33 AM, Flash.Jonathan said:

It most likely doesn't seem like the Malbatross...just due to it's stature.

Yeah, sadly I too now think Malba is some sort of small-fry after seeing that stature-comparison pic. C'est la vie!

Probably the gargantuan creature hinted by those examination quotes is some fish-type of thing, we'll see.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:33 AM, Flash.Jonathan said:

It most likely doesn't seem like the Malbatross, to me the Malbatross seems more like a mini-boss to the likes of Spider Queen or Antlion than an actual boss just due to it's stature. But hey maybe it could be, who knows?

Image by Watermelen671

5d4392b47fa3c_debugMalbatrausbyWatermelon671.png.9dc195855d047c7d87e996b014ccd42b.png

Just now, x0VERSUS1y said:

Yeah, sadly I too now think Malba is some sort of small-fry after seeing that stature-comparison pic. C'est la vie!

Probably the gargantuan creature hinted by those examination quotes is some fish-type of thing, we'll see.

Could this mean... that we have to fight a flock of them? Wicker specifically refers to a plural amount of megafauna.

11 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Could this mean... that we have to fight a flock of them? Wicker specifically refers to a plural amount of megafauna.

That could actually be the case, I would imagine from 2 to 4 of them would be in a small group and if any is agitated the others would flock by to help. They may even have behavior akin to the Tallbirds with nests on specially formed seastacks and would respawn every few days after being killed. 

On 8/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

Examples of quotes referring to whatever it is as singular.

Also, "their" is used as a gender-neutral pronoun, it doesn't necessarily mean plural.

Don't get me wrong, I am also super excited of the possibility to fight a flock of these things, but eh.

4 hours ago, Canis said:

Examples of quotes referring to whatever it is as singular.

Also, "their" is used as a gender-neutral pronoun, it doesn't necessarily mean plural.

Don't get me wrong, I am also super excited of the possibility to fight a flock of these things, but eh.

I see, thanks for clarifying that :)

Archived