[Poll] On Annoyances

Your Best Nightmares  

192 members have voted

1. 1. What annoys you?

• Hound waves
    • trolls and their terrible crimes (leaving w items, etc.)
    • "where's base?"
    • elitists who take over the server
    • noobs who drag you down
    • the sound of a dying/hurt character
    • spontaneous combustion
    • Fire hounds wrecking base
    • bosses wrecking base
    • Disease
    • the Giblet
    • the Glomglom
    • flowerpickers
    • Depths worm attacks
    • walking into Bunnymen when you have meat
    • Antlion earthquakes
    • Freezing
    • Overheating
    • dying
    • other (please do say so in the comments!)

Picking item instead of it going in my inventory automatically, chopping trees with axe while not Maxwell or Woodie, digging stump, planting stuff and placing wall even with client mod. Anyone else hate doing any of this things?

I hate hound waves above all. They are made on purpose(joking) to often show up in the worst situations. 

I dislike some of those listed, but I can usually deal with. Trolls are an uncommon kind where I play and can be easily fixed with a ban, rollback or console commands. I dont like most mods too.

People joining a coop server, then hiding away at a far off split base, never speaking or indicating their existence to the rest of the pack. Bonus points of they grab the early game valuables or unique items.

I dunno, I...kinda hope for a coop game when I join a coop server. Maybe that's just me?

Then again, most servers just default their playstyle setting to that leaving a severe lack of Anarchy PvP worlds for the renegade crew, so I guess it's somewhat understandable.

20 hours ago, X-lem said:

I also don't like how frequent hound waves become when your at day 300+.

You mean 100+, that's when hound waves reach peak annoyance levels, literally called "crazy" in the code. 6-10 hounds per player, every 3-8 days.

5 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

You mean 100+, that's when hound waves reach peak annoyance levels, literally called "crazy" in the code. 6-10 hounds per player, every 3-8 days.

Yes, I wasn't sure when the max was reached. Lol, that's hilarious it's called crazy in the code. 3-8 days is way to frequent. I think it should be more like 12-15 days or at least 10-13. But the fact that it can be ever 3 days is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

That guy who swooped in after I killed Deerclops and took all the meat and the eye, never to be seen again.

I hate when people do this. I spend time finding a hunt, cornering a Koalefant, almost kill it, and someone else runs in, swings a couple of times "helping to kill it" then takes some of the meat... Honestly, I hate it when people try and help me kill Koalefant/beefalo. I find it more difficult as the aggro changes. Kill your own Koalefant/beefalo.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:32 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

I eventually try to remember to leave both kinds of firepit and some axes & trees by the entrance, to help with at least immediate death due to night/weather, anyway.  I'll sometimes also put a sign that says something like:

"IF ARRIVING IN WINTER/SUMMER/AT NIGHT:  1. Take axe.  2.  Chop trees.  3.  Light appropriate firepit and not die.  :)"

If they STILL die shortly after arrival anyway, it's their own darn fault.  : P

...Notorious

I don't really do that anymore, because 80 to 90 percent of the time someone comes in and then decides "this is stupid, i need those resources" and proceeds to hammer it all down. Then to make it worse they tend to leave anyway after a day or two.

1 hour ago, AverageBLues said:

BFB, they never leave me alone!

Full moons while playng Woodie, because you either waste time (singleplayer) or have to be constantly gnawing/eating wood (together).

Tbf, in Singleplayer, Woodie's playstyle around prepping for each full moon, which means that if you play your cards right, you can use the time effectively.

Also since in SP you go through a time-skip instead of having to sit and wait, it's actually advantageous as you can get to later days faster, and potentially skip a good chunk of unwanted seasons.

44 minutes ago, Canis said:

Tbf, in Singleplayer, Woodie's playstyle around prepping for each full moon, which means that if you play your cards right, you can use the time effectively.

Also since in SP you go through a time-skip instead of having to sit and wait, it's actually advantageous as you can get to later days faster, and potentially skip a good chunk of unwanted seasons.

That makes sense, it's just somewhat iconvenient to plant a meat bulb just to get glommer. I think skipping days is a bad idea as you could use that time to raise your chances of survival. But a night or two doesn't make that big of a difference anyways.

Archived